Wilder vs Ortiz II Official - Is this "man" Wilder ruining his legacy ?

selij

Re: Wilder vs Ortiz II Official - Is this "man" Wilder ruining his legacy ?

Both depressing and seemingly inevitable, given the noises that have been coming out of the situation. Would be interesting to hear the money that either of them are getting for this.

Would be interesting to hear the money that either of them are getting for this.

Well Deyonce was offered $8m to fight AJ and turned that down to make $4m for Stiverne II.

The little credibilty I granted him has all gone now. He has dragged the WBC belt into the gutter and I'm surprised Showtime have permitted this latest matchup, although I hear it could be shown on FOX PPV @$85.

Will Ortiz even make it to the scales ? Can he stay off the gear till Sept ?

Well Deyonce was offered $8m to fight AJ and turned that down to make $4m for Stiverne II.

The little credibilty I granted him has all gone now. He has dragged the WBC belt into the gutter and I'm surprised Showtime have permitted this latest matchup, although I hear it could be shown on FOX PPV @$85.

Will Ortiz even make it to the scales ? Can he stay off the gear till Sept ?

Bizarre strategy from Wilder if it ends up on FOX PPV. I had thought that the only rational basis for not signing with DAZN for the Breazale + Joshua fights for serious money was either to come back to DAZN in a stronger negotiating position after a Breazale victory or to play a longer game by further building his profile and getting exposure. FOX PPV makes sense as a way to generate some money to pay Wilder for this fight as a standalone, but as a longer term strategy to generate interest in Wilder it doesn't seem as sensible. Could be a reaction to the apparently poor numbers Showtime did with the Breazale fight and some idea that FOX marketing for a PPV during the NFL season will bring Wilder to a bigger audience than non-PPV on Showtime.

Whatever the explanation, this is all beyond frustrating.

The only rational explanation for not signing with Dazone was so he could swerve AJ, unashamedly. After calling him out after Stiverne I. He cant even say he's in this game for the money cos he's turned Hearn's money and Dazone's money down more than once. What will he honestly make out of a FOX PPV ?

The curved ball is that with the PBC up for sale and UFC's holding company, Endeavour, favourites to get it they could force Deyonce into an AJ showdown if the takeover comes soon enough. He'll probably retire 'unbeaten' by then and claim he fought all comers and keep protesting after every ibhof panel fucks him off for being a ducker.

I see The Independent aren't concerned with maintaining any sort of neutrality with its reporting here.

Wilder was never going to fight Joshua in September if negotiations restarted on June 2nd, all previous negotiations have failed and Wilder is older than Joshua so he can less afford any long periods of inactivity.

Now, I don't need to see Wilder rematch Ortiz, the first fight finished conclusively and so his claim that it was "controversial" is a bit far fetched for my liking. If he wants to settle any controversy it's Fury and not Ortiz that he needs to rematch however it's clear to me that Fury doesn't fancy that at the moment because he knows that although he was robbed on the night, he was 2 seconds away from being counted out in the 12th and in a rematch he might not get up in time.

Anthony Joshua is the opponent we want to see Wilder in there with next but Ortiz isn't the worst fight out there. Have team Joshua agreed to 50/50 and for the fight to be broadcast on Showtime in the US and Sky Sports in the UK or does Wilder have to fight on DAZN? They can't exactly do a split broadcast here either and so these are the kinds of concessions that need to be made if you're desperate to make the fight. Joshua signed with DAZN knowing that Wilder was with Showtime, Wilder was there first, same with Fury so whilst I can't completely absolve team Wilder of blame (since they too can make concessions like agreeing to fight on DAZN seeing as Joshua has agreed to go to the US and so on) I can't stick it all on his team either.

I think we'll see it but Wilder and Joshua might need to thrash out the deal themselves directly.

I'm also hearing Kownacki is lined up after this Ortiz-II fiasco (if Ortiz makes it to the scales via the needle). Networks aside, even if you strip it back to WBC basics - Whyte and Tyson are WBC No1 and No2 so how is he managing to swerve these pair too ? :noidea:

This chicken shit Wilder is shameless.

Who really gives 1 flying fuck about the heavyweights anymore? :noidea: Because I certainly don't!

Well I do, because its still the marquee division of the sport and is the only division of the sport which attracts the general public's interest too. Note the hordes of pissheads with £150 shirts on, not tucked in, at every Wembley PPV. So if our popularity is going to improve; it wont be thru watching Asian midgets, it will be thru watching two heavyweights slug it out, where even the underdog can change his whole world with one punch.

We can live in hope that the best HW fights are still to be made because if any of the famous 3 now want to cement their place in history and ibhof they will have to stop all the malarkey and get it on.

--- Josh the solo drummer in this crowd. Tyson still trying to get a semblance of his strength and skills back while Haymon keeps Deyonce well swaddled and nursed.

Prob Tyson the first to fight Josh in the UK, maybe by years end if not next spring. Arum and Eddie seemed to have hit it off, the first obstacle in making any big fight.

Prob Tyson the first to fight Josh in the UK, maybe by years end if not next spring. Arum and Eddie seemed to have hit it off, the first obstacle in making any big fight.

Thats totally on point.

Wilder now claiming that Fury rematch has also been signed for the spring.

It's possible all of this is just a ruse to try and take the wind out of all the potential post-fight hype from the AJ - Ruiz fight. If a Fury fight really has been signed then Wilder's decisions are even more puzzling than I thought. I had thought that turning to Ortiz instead of DAZN was either a way of trying to maximise future leverage or PBC just protecting their asset. To take a Fury fight (who know what the money or TV platform distribution will be) seems to do acheive neither (unless he wins both, which is a big IF given what we saw from the first Fury fight)

For a long time I was hoping Wilder stayed undefeated to make the Joshua fight as big as possible. I'm nearing the point where I just want someone else to get the WBC belt so that we are closer to getting a unified champion and some clarity to the division.

....its still the marquee division of the sport and is the only division of the sport which attracts the general public's interest too. Note the hordes of pissheads with £150 shirts on, not tucked in, at every Wembley PPV.

That f***ing fat Mexican Ruiz has just RUINED UK boxing!! Casual fight fans no longer caring for AJ since he's got knocked out by a lard boy :haha: