Fatboy Reckoning-Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua

--- At last, the fight nobody asked for looms before us June 1st, the Josh American premiere in Madison Square Garden against Fatboy Ruiz.

I tend to think Ruiz give a good account before the hammer drops and many say he's better than Miller. Other than Ruiz not being a big name, the crowd should be pleased, but I doubt it'll be a sellout unless Eddie discounts tickets in the last days, but what d I know about NY boxing fans? I'm sure gavvy could tell me:)

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Fatboy Reckoning-Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua

I like Fat Andy as much as the next guy, but I think his short reach combined with a somewhat limited mobility means he won't easily get near AJ, and AJ only needs to connect with one long OH right to end it.

Can't see any reason to get excited about this one.

I'm glad Andy is getting that paycheck, though.

He's earned it.

Strongly agree, and hes never swerved anyone unlike chickenshit Deyonce. Who's lined up Ortiz II and then Kownacki...

--- Mighty Joe Parker breaks down Ruiz vs Joshua. Pretty much sees it like I see it.

Joseph Parker breaks down Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr. - The Ring

I'm sorry, but Joseph "My friends call my Audley" Parker doesn't get to talk about Andy Ruiz. Parker lost to Ruiz, IMO that's not even open to debate.

Joseph Parker also doesn't get to talk about AJ, since when he got in the ring with him, Parker did absolutely fuckall.

Parker's career pretty much resembles the eight seasons of "Game Of Thrones."

It sure started out good.....

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Looks like 248lbs gonna be fighting 268lbs.

Ruiz perhaps the most bizarre body type since two ton Tony Galento. 6-1 and 80% of his weight is above his waist. If he had Josh presumed inseam of 36 inches Andy would be pushing 7' and 300+ lbs.

Maybe I can find a good side by side to post before the fight.

Boxing News: Andy Ruiz 20lbs heavier than Anthony Joshua >> May 31, 2019

--- Chris Algieri retires Tommy Coyle after 8 rds. Coyle was getting wrecked to the body but Algieri had two busted eyes. Coyle very upset as I would be when his corner pulled the plug, but it's true he was about gone by the end of the 8th.

Tommy got heroes' cheers as he bowed to the fans while making the ring perimeter, so he can that that home. Algieri fwd to Maurice Hooker that should be easy hooker work.

--- Pure Eddie huckster with a swing filler:

Ammo Williams 1-0, 1 Ko vs Quadeer Jenkins, 0-1, 1 Ko loss.

Id sue my parents if they named me Quadeer, and more importantly, I'd find another profession. Nuff said!!!

--- Josh Kelly steps up against contender Ray Robinson lucky to escape with a majority 10 rd draw.

Clearly he has some talent but hasn't found his grove . Can't fault Ray as he was the bull to the novice matador and let his hands go to aerate msg.

Katie Taylor just given the gift of the decade. Delphine Persoon gang-raped by the judges.

And fuckface Tony Bellew doing his best "company shill" bullshit after the fight, pretending that Taylor actually won.

Fuck you, Tony, you cunt.

This god damned sport.......

--- Relying on social media since I don't watch women's boxing, Delfine Persoon seems to have KDed Katie Taylor early to no credit and had her out on her feet the last rd to lose a wide decision. Did Eddie make his biggest mistake or will they return as a lucrative headliner rematch.

That Persoon reputedly a full time Belgian policewoman makes it even more unseemly.

Robbery of the year. (Katie Taylor) Wasnt even a disputable close fight. Only man with the guts enough to call it how it was, was surprisingly Froch.

--- and the new unified heavyweight champ, Fat boy Andy.

Rockem sock em early doors, but Josh just off all night. Ruiz stood up to his best and Josh seemed discouraged and couldn't keep his legs.

Controversy!! Ol'man Watson he of the Watson twins and Haymon right hand was part of the Ruiz team. Ruiz is with Arum, so monkey biz afoot me thinks. Josh was not just off, but way off, and the reason?

josh seems composed post fight, almost too placid. Something rotten in Denmark. He was surprised to see the fight called off.

--- and the new unified heavyweight champ, Fat boy Andy.

Rockem sock em early doors, but Josh just off all night. Ruiz stood up to his best and Josh seemed discouraged and couldn't keep his legs.

Controversy!! Ol'man Watson he of the Watson twins and Haymon right hand was part of the Ruiz team. Ruiz is with Arum, so monkey biz afoot me thinks. Josh was not just off, but way off, and the reason?

josh seems composed post fight, almost too placid. Something rotten in Denmark. He was surprised to see the fight called off.

I think you might be right.

Andy did well, all credit to him, but WTF was AJ doing fighting on the inside like that? EXACTLY where he shouldn't have been.

And what was with that ending, AJ spitting out his mouthpiece, then walking away from the ref & hanging on the ropes?

(And then pretending to be shocked when the ref called it off.)

Sure wish I had put a few million down on Andy, at 25-to-one.

And hey, six more months of not having to fight Wilder ! (I swear, if they end up fighting a lucrative trilogy, I'm going to stop watching boxing.)

Oh wait, that card was 100% legit, what was I thinking? Just ask Ray Robinson & Delphine Persoon.....