Devices Haney vs Anton Moran

Re: Devices Haney vs Anton Moran

--- Hunter tubby at heavy. Guess he don't take his career seriously. After a clunky 1st against a 400th ranked Argentine, Maldonado, Hunter catches him with a right that triggers a series of KDs before Dock stops the fight. For some international cheese belt. Interesting that he has a soft lilt to him that makes him Ali like.

--- Filip Hrgovic quick times Greg Corbin in the first

Hrg a tall soft looking type was taking on a muscly guy with 30 lbs on him ranked 39 in boxrec. After getting jabbed silly, he launched an oafish charge that left him off balance. The retreating Hrgovic caught him with a sweet counter right in the ear and that was that. Hrgovic not an impressive speciman, but he definitely balances boxing with good fighting instincts. Hearns wants him to fight Joyce, a good fight I'd imagine.

--- Hah! My stupid iPhone changed the spelling of Devin to devices.

Anywhoo, Moran boxrec 38 and Devin 19. Moran hugely bigger, like two wt classes and Devin couldn't do squat with him and to shy to really go after him. Only rd I give Dev is a dubious KD that looked a bit like feet mishap.

Near the end of the 7th he lands good combo that retreats Moran to corner where after a couple of attempts, Dev unloads a full OHRight and Moran down for several min. Recovers and goes to congrat Dev, but me thinks he should get a scan post haste.

Suppose Dev could win a belt, but I don't see him in a long career at the higher levels. Good turn around, but he can't rely on that level of power in a one off situation. Be interested in repsac report.

--- Filip Hrgovic quick times Greg Corbin in the first

Hrg a tall soft looking type was taking on a muscly guy with 30 lbs on him ranked 39 in boxrec. After getting jabbed silly, he launched an oafish charge that left him off balance. The retreating Hrgovic caught him with a sweet counter right in the ear and that was that. Hrgovic not an impressive speciman, but he definitely balances boxing with good fighting instincts. Hearns wants him to fight Joyce, a good fight I'd imagine.

Hrgovic has progressed incredibly fast, only in his 6th pro fight he stopped Mansour. I am really intrigued to see how far he can go, because he's, along with Petar Milas, the only promising heavyweight from ex-Yugoslavia.

--- Hah! My stupid iPhone changed the spelling of Devin to devices.

Anywhoo, Moran boxrec 38 and Devin 19. Moran hugely bigger, like two wt classes and Devin couldn't do squat with him and to shy to really go after him. Only rd I give Dev is a dubious KD that looked a bit like feet mishap.

Near the end of the 7th he lands good combo that retreats Moran to corner where after a couple of attempts, Dev unloads a full OHRight and Moran down for several min. Recovers and goes to congrat Dev, but me thinks he should get a scan post haste.

Suppose Dev could win a belt, but I don't see him in a long career at the higher levels. Good turn around, but he can't rely on that level of power in a one off situation. Be interested in repsac report.

I ended up not going to the fight. With Usyk dropping out, my interest waned, especially with a 4+ hour drive.

I watched the fight, but was slightly distracted. I was watching 3 cards simultaneously. Devastating knockout. Maybe a candidate for KOTY.