Warrington vs Galahad

BoztheMadman

This looks like a very exciting fight on paper. Two undefeated fighters, both known as pressure fighters that can box, but Galahad can punch too. At least, harder than Warrington. They are almost even in age, Galahad one year older. How do you see this going? Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Warrington vs Galahad

So, I picked against Warrington vs his last two opponents and wound up with egg on my face both times.

This his 3rd world title fight will be the first time that I am picking Warrington to win.

If (when) Warrington does to PED Galahad what he did to Selby and Frampton, I can't see a different outcome. I also expect the big stage to get to Galahad too and so I predict a fairly comfortable win for Warrington.

So, I picked against Warrington vs his last two opponents and wound up with egg on my face both times.

This his 3rd world title fight will be the first time that I am picking Warrington to win.

If (when) Warrington does to PED Galahad what he did to Selby and Frampton, I can't see a different outcome. I also expect the big stage to get to Galahad too and so I predict a fairly comfortable win for Warrington.

:laugh: Yeah, I think very few picked him against Selby or Frampton. Especially the last guy. This is different, here he's a clear favorite, also because he's fighting a less profiled fighter. But can Galahad surprise us?? I haven't seen lot of him tbh, that's why I'm asking.

:laugh: Yeah, I think very few picked him against Selby or Frampton. Especially the last guy. This is different, here he's a clear favorite, also because he's fighting a less profiled fighter. But can Galahad surprise us?? I haven't seen lot of him tbh, that's why I'm asking.

I've only seen him knocking over cans on Sky Sports Fight Night undercards' in 6 & 8 rounders. He hasn't fought anyone that will allow us to form any kind of opinion on how he will cope at this level, most or at least half of his fights have been in the Steel City too, there's zero reason to be picking him against Warrington and in Leeds at that!

The biggest question is how much more arrogance this win will give him and make him become an even bigger gobshite.

:lmao: Who cares, he brings good fights and hopefully soon he'll fight someone like Oscar Valdez or Gary Russell jr.

• 2 weeks later...

[h=1]Warrington vs Galahad: Final press conference quotes[/h]The talk has now been talked ahead of Saturday night’s IBF world featherweight title clash between the champion Josh Warrington and his mandatory challenger Kid Galahad at the FD Arena, live on BT Sport.

The final press conference took place earlier today and below are selected quotes from the media gathering in Leeds.

Warrington vs Galahad: Final press conference quotes - - Boxing News - Ring News24

It smells like a Frank Warren fight - no publicity. Warren is an embarrassment - never sells a venue out.

No publicity? Theres been plenty of press releases Rob sent out. I've also been sent a promo video and seen advertisements on TV and they remind you about the fight during other sporting shows 3/4 times a show. They even tell you about the fight during the football.

I think Warrington will have to much for Galahad. Warrington has really grown as a fighter and came into his own with wins against Selby and Frampton. I want him to win this fight and hopefully a fight between him and Santa Cruz takes place.

I think Warrington will have to much for Galahad. Warrington has really grown as a fighter and came into his own with wins against Selby and Frampton. I want him to win this fight and hopefully a fight between him and Santa Cruz takes place.

I think by now people have realized Warrington is world class. Before that I think too many underestimated him and thought he was just a strong, durable, aggressive guy but not of that caliber. He beat both Selby and Frampton impressively and I don't think anyone could have anticipated that. Now only question that remains to be answered is: just how good is he? When he fights Santa Cruz, Valdez or Russell jr, it will be answered.

Goodness sake, that Galahad tried to rob the champion in his backyard, disgraceful performance, grabbing and holding every f****g round, he should have had a point off at least. Warrington looked as if he thought he got robbed when he heard there was a split decision, fair play to him though he actually said he thought the fight was close in his post fight interview, I didn't though, the Leeds Warrior was the clear winner on my card

And STILL!

Official scores

115-113 Galahad

116-112 & 116-113 Warrington.

Unfortunately I caught up on this today.

Awful, dogged fight. Galahad evasive, sometimes managed to pick some slick shots on the counter but continuously just holding it was awful. Warrington at least pressed the action and got in a few good combinations, but he also looked a bit baffled at times with Galahads holding tactics.

So in that sense I can see how it was kind of a close fight.

Was one of those fights where the styles had potential to either gel really well and make for a great fight, or they just clashed and didn't work. This was certainly the latter.

Right winner in the end though, I scored it 115-113 to Warrington.

Very very disappointing fight and Galahad fought scared. I guess his gameplan was to frustrate Warrington and he did just that, but still took enough leather. He's lucky Warrington can't punch. I had it clearly for Warrington still.