Boxing Shooting Another Foot Off

Re: Boxing Shooting Another Foot Off

2 judges had it a draw originally 'and the new' female nitemare judge saw it wide for Aleem.

Korobov was the aggressor in most rounds, and on the front foot all the fight but that doesnt necessarilly make him the points scoring winner, in most rounds. (Note to Ton for "reason specified for winning a round on scorecard"). A draw was no robbery. But it seems we have a new Adelaide Byrd clone on the scene.

2 judges had it a draw originally 'and the new' female nitemare judge saw it wide for Aleem.

Korobov was the aggressor in most rounds, and on the front foot all the fight but that doesnt necessarilly make him the points scoring winner, in most rounds. (Note to Ton for "reason specified for winning a round on scorecard"). A draw was no robbery. But it seems we have a new Adelaide Byrd clone on the scene.

The female judge had it 97-93 for Korobov. I scored it 96-94. One of the early rounds i scored for Aleem, but it was very close. I'm not mad about the draw.

--- I didn't see the fight, so I'm not commenting on how the fight went and should've been scored, but the report that Matt was announced as the majority winner, and after an indeterminate length of time, the initial decision was changed. Now between the judges, officials involved, and the announcer some hack made a mess of what can be seen as 3rd grade arithmetic if that is true. Why else would he file a protest?

boxing is the only sport I'm aware of where the officiating is populated by some of the stupidest people on the earth.

As I understood it - already stated - female judge had it wide for aleem. But later upon ratification the supervisor had added it up wrong. And the score was reversed in favour of Korobov like repsac said. And is like it now stands on boxrec.

This was the orig reasoning for the protest by Korobov's camp. But now he has no cause for argument.

I watched the fight but didn't score it myself, however, my feeling was that the contest was pretty even so when I heard Korobov had nicked it it didn't raise any eyebrows, same when the decision was corrected afterwards.

I can understand Korobov's disappointment but he wasn't robbed of anything, Jimmy Lennon Jr was simply given the wrong score totals the first time around, he doesn't read the scores from the original three cards, someone adds them up and then puts it on one single card for the MC and he reads them out, reading out the wrong scores doesn't mean anyone was robbed of anything, it just means someone doesn't know how to add up properly.

One look at the original handwritten scorecards dispels any claim that Korobov was stitched up. That's not the first time a scorecard has been miscalculated and the fighters told about it in the dressing room, Korobov needs to stop moaning now.