Danny Swift vs Mikey @147 - talks at "advanced level"

selij

Danny Swift vs Mikey @147 - talks at "advanced level"

http://i65.tinypic.com/erdikn.jpg

Mikey Garcia’s WW debut in March did not go well at all, as he was shut down and totally dominated by IBF titleholder Errol Spence Jr, but Mikey looks like he has his sights set on staying at 147, as Mike Coppinger reports that discussions are “advanced” to match him with former two-division titleholder Danny Swift in August.

Mikey (39-1, 30 KO) has won titles at 126, 130, 135, and 140lbs, and has big dreams of being a five-division titleholder, which is why he jumped up and fought Spence in March. The dreams became a nightmare on fight night, as it was made clear that Mikey was no welterweight, but he is nothing if not determined, and has said since officially vacating his WBC lightweight title recently that he wasn’t sure if he’d fight next at 140 or 147, but that he still wanted to win that fifth title.

I have Swift winning this very easily - and I do not know why Mikey suddenly thinks he's a WW contender, is he deranged ? Or being advised very, very badly? :noidea:

Or has Swift suddenly become a nobody after defeating El Terrible (twice), Judah, Matthysse, Cheaterson, Paulie, Guerrero, Vargas and Rios...........

Source

Re: Danny Swift vs Mikey @147 - talks at "advanced level"

--- Shot Morales mocking his boxing, eh?

Swift fights like a mummy. Easy Miky pickings.

But he can hit. If Mikey suffers a brutal ko...that can impact his career significantly. I don't think he should stay at 147.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Danny Swift vs Mikey @147 - talks at "advanced level"

--- Boz, sure the feeling is Mikey just went the distanc with a bigger, stronger, faster and more powerful Spence.

So Danny Boy 2 steps down easily outboxed. We shall see as past this thread ain't heard a pipsqueak about the matchup.