Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman July 20th

--- Rather sad to see 40 yr old Manny having to chase down the stinker/runner Thurman has become since he got his ribs caved in.

I'd rather see him in against a stationary fighter like Danny Garcia, but I understand Danny don't wanna fight Manny, so here we are.

Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman set for July 20 >> May 11, 2019

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman July 20th

Great news, here we have the two best active welterweights (on paper) going head to head, I still like Pacman even at 40, not sure how to call this one yet, will have to see a few things in the lead up to the event but that's a good fight I'll be tuned in for sure!

here we have the two best active welterweights (on paper) going head to head

Where do Bud Crawford, Showtime and ESJ fit into your rankings then ? :whistle:

Where do Bud Crawford, Showtime and ESJ fit into your rankings then ? :whistle:

When I say "on paper" I mean to say that Manny Pacquiao's 147lb resume is better than any other active welterweight's and so is Keith Thurman's (I don't think anyone could reasonably argue otherwise). Wins over Cotto, Bradley, Marquez, Porter & Garcia between them at 147 far surpasses any wins on any other current welterweight's record is what I mean.

But Terence Crawford remains top of my P4P list.

I dont see Pacroid's halcyon days as a WW mate, sorry. You have named 5 beaten fighters there between the two of them as some sort of a joint super-resume and its far from it. (Altho I rarely disagree with your opinons).

Pacroid's well over the hill and this is not on my list of must-watch fights for 2019.

I think Thurman is maybe the most beatable of the other "top" welters out there for Manny, and only based on that last outing after his long layoff. Thurman wasn't really convincing in there as an elite fighter he was supposed to have become.

Crawford is just too good

Spence is too big, powerful and hungry

Porter is too rugged and busy

Garcia probably causes Manny issues, but is maybe the rung below elite and has been beaten by Thurman and Porter.

No one else has the profile...

Pacroid dont beat Swift, hes 40 ffs....

In fact Pacroid is not in the top 15 Welterweight rankings for the WBC, WBO or IBF - at all.

He also dont beat Crawford, Thurman, Showtime or EJS. He couldnt even beat Horn. TBE made him look stupid - you could probably make a case for him winning one round and drawing another. If he doesnt retire very shortly he will surely come a cropper in the ring. And that would be a disaster.

Playing catchup now with finances because he's donated 90% of his wealth to sad-puppy lost projects in the Third World and with a multi million dollar tax bill outstanding is not good for his health.

--- Danny fights the Salkas for a reason.

And maybe you should review the kid Horns previously handsome mug after Manny busted him up and knocked him into the ropes a half dozen times.

And I also hear Danny been turning down big offers. Is he just hanging on now?

In fact Pacroid is not in the top 15 Welterweight rankings for the WBC, WBO or IBF - at all.

That's more than likely because he holds the WBA regular title, you won't find Anthony Joshua in the top 15 of the WBC (although nowadays with the WBC you won't get ranked if you don't enroll in the CBP so maybe not the best example but you won't find Shawn Porter ranked in the WBA, IBF or WBO either, with Joshua and Porter I'm certain without any need to check since they're legitimate world champions, since Thurman is the WBA champ at 147 I'm a little more hesitant to say for sure that Pacman is not listed because he holds the minor belt but if you've checked and seen he's not listed I'm gonna say that's the reason since I can't see how any governing body could name 15 fighters better than/more deserving of a rating than Pacman at 147lb

--- Say what I will over Fat Dans boxing IQ, he is maybe the top boxing insider today . Here he talks of Porter/Spence unification and Los Dos Garcias, Mikey and Danny going at it, all welcome fights, but secondary to his praise for PAC.

Pacquiao a strong finisher in the ring and in his career