It's on! Daniel Dubois vs Nathan Gorman, who ya got?

Undefeated

Re: It's on! Daniel Dubois vs Nathan Gorman, who ya got?

--- N'er seen either fight, but checking boxrec I see both have recent common opponents with good results and about the same age and size with DD seemingly slimmer, and both in the 40s in boxrec ratings, so sounds great with a British title on the line.

Only thing missing is the Queen, so maybe Prince Harry can stand in with his new bruiser, Prince Archie , congrats!

I guess Frank decided to steer Joyce around this obstacle for now, let the youngsters have their early domestic clash ala Degale-Groves and allow them to build up their own legacies. Guess the winner may be in line with a shot at Joyce a year further down the line at the very earliest.

I like this fight though. I think Gorman might just be the more "polished" boxer, but I think if he fights the right fight, Dubois gets him out of there. Conditioning could be a big factor. We've seen Dubois eat some big shots in that last fight, so he seems to have a chin on him which helps.

I guess Frank decided to steer Joyce around this obstacle for now, let the youngsters have their early domestic clash ala Degale-Groves and allow them to build up their own legacies. Guess the winner may be in line with a shot at Joyce a year further down the line at the very earliest.

Not a chance, Ton. The reason Joyce is being steered away from either of these two is because he's not worth a wank in a dirty gym sock.

Got to go for Nathan at this moment in time- Man v Boy

Yeah...go for the white boy, typical! You racist! :lmao: :laugh: I don't know anything about Gorman but Dubois got rocked against Lartey...who is supposed to be a journeyman, a "safe" opponent. Still...Gorman went 12 with Cojanu while Dubois iced him in 2. I'll go with DD for this one I think. :cool: DD by a mid-rounds KO/TKO.

:lol: your on good form today Boz

Yeah...go for the white boy, typical! You racist! :lmao: :laugh: I don't know anything about Gorman but Dubois got rocked against Lartey...who is supposed to be a journeyman, a "safe" opponent. Still...Gorman went 12 with Cojanu while Dubois iced him in 2. I'll go with DD for this one I think. :cool: DD by a mid-rounds KO/TKO.

Not a chance, Ton. The reason Joyce is being steered away from either of these two is because he's not worth a wank in a dirty gym sock.

So what IS the plan for Joyce then??

I don't know anything about Gorman

Nathan is the great-nephew of the renouned Bartley Gorman (RIP), the undefeated HW bare knuckle champion of England and Ireland. From the same 'breed' as the Furys.

Re: Joyce - in answer to that Ton, I really dont know. His strange boxing-by-numbers style with little or no power behind his shots will fall short at UK level, nvm European. And he's certainly light years away from anyone at world level.

For anyone who doubts me, bring your reasonings/observations - Careers:

Joe Joyce

Daniel Dubois

Nathan Gorman

Agreed.

--------------

As for Dubious vs Gorman, I think Gorman is in all sorts of trouble. Dubious is still living up to his (mispelled) name, but he's also getting better.

His offense is basic, but pretty dangerous, in a stiff sort of way. And he's actually getting looser. His defense isn't great, but it's not horrible, either. He's fairly good at using distance, keeping his head back when he attacks. Plus, he appears to have a decent chin.

Gorman has HORRIBLE defense, and considering that the only offense he has is a looping OH right, he'll have to get incredibly lucky to land that right before the Dubious one takes him out.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Joyce - in answer to that Ton, I really dont know. His strange boxing-by-numbers style with little or no power behind his shots will fall short at UK level, nvm European. And he's certainly light years away from anyone at world level.

Oh no I aint contesting his style or how far he can go in the sport. I've as confused as you about his planned journey. I don't see anything in him.

But Frank has signed him up, and has steered him seemingly away from that UK title contest vs Dubois, so there IS a plan for him.....I'm just guessing that they think he can mix it at a higher level, and they are fast tracking him as such due to age. That's seemingly the only logical explanation.

Warren recently took a gamble with Fury that has paid off big time when he got him in with Wilder. So maybe he is hoping for something of the same with Joyce.