Use of Technology in Boxing (part 2) - Judging Scorecard Concept

Ton

The original thread of this discussion can be found here

I wanted to continue on this theme given that Canelo is fighting this weekend, and to invite our forum members to revisit GGG-Canelo I, which was the real launching pad for the Fightnight Scores app to be fully developed.

We feature GGG-Canelo I in our "demo" section, it was a great, close fight! And here you can view and score the fight in your own time (video embedded).

IadMdNU.png

The initial discussion about this scorecard conept started some months before GGG - Canelo I.

I had set the concept up as a basic single page, stand alone app. But the controversy of that fight compelled me to turn it into a fully fledged membership site for fight fans to utilise.

In the last few months I have been pushing the concept on some popular social places and we have seen a vast increase in signed up members, hopefully now regular scorers. This will only help when promoting the concept in future, and we are begining to see the benefits of the system with the fight analysis and users' collabortive combined scorecard.

Re: Use of Technology in Boxing (part 2) - Judging Scorecard Concept

--- Given me gots DAZN, I will be scoring, but between bing logged in on my iPhone to be able to record more than the 1st rd, and being unable thus far. To sign in on a regular computer nor has the site allowed me to reregister. What's a po'boy supposed to do?

--- Given me gots DAZN, I will be scoring, but between bing logged in on my iPhone to be able to record more than the 1st rd, and being unable thus far. To sign in on a regular computer nor has the site allowed me to reregister. What's a po'boy supposed to do?

Buy a better phone, use a better browser, learn to use the internet :haha:

No one else seems to have so much trouble!! :thumb:

--- Undefeated said he had a signin problem that you said you would look into .

Yeah, my iPhone the first model old and a persnickety SOB, but I use the best browser on the net for my computer access, Google Chrome with near zero problems. I'll try again after I score the fight. Maybe you did something because after a long absence, I'm back on your mailing list.

--- Undefeated said he had a signin problem that you said you would look into .

Yeah, my iPhone the first model old and a persnickety SOB, but I use the best browser on the net for my computer access, Google Chrome with near zero problems. I'll try again after I score the fight. Maybe you did something because after a long absence, I'm back on your mailing list.

Nope I just hadn't sent out a mailshot for a while.

I and about to put changes live regarding the log in system. I have kind of simplified it, but also made it more complex from a coding point of view :haha:

But it should alleviate any of the possible log in issues people were facing.

As a general update. The member list has passed 60. Over 50% of them are from the last month/two since i have been actively doing more promo. Of the initial 50%, very few of them are active and I am attempting to get them back, but I am aware there will never be 100% participation.

Anyway, I am happy with the recent growth, and hopefully the trend will continue. It's a lot of posting around social channels while events are taking place and boxing fans are having their online interaction as they watch.

Many late nights required to catch the live viewers!!

:cool: