Canelo vs Danny Jacobs Fight Week

LondonRingRules

--- Well, it finally had to happen, so now that all have had a long, tortuous training camp, five more days see the last of the WBC mandatory weigh-ins with the scratch line beckoning that evening.

Will Jacobs make that last AM weigh-in or will he forfeit his IBF title by skipping it as he did vs Golovkin? Does Canelo have a bum knee that can be exploited? Is Canelo gonna KO him like many say will happen? Is the judging rigged for Canelo like so many say? Will Jacobs run like he did vs Golovkin?

So many questions with but one answer, THE FIGHT?

Who you boxing experts got?

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Canelo vs Danny Jacobs Fight Week

I like watching Canelo, his style is eye-candy, but in a similar vein to the "Big 3" heavyweight merry go round, fans make any talk or discussion about Canelo unbearable and all the hoo-ha surrounding his 2 fights with GGG seem to be a lingering stench that people just can't let go.

So in a way, I kind of don't care much for his career due to the controversy. Whatever he does is tainted. Fans either love him and make all the excuses in the world for him, or hate him and cry conspiracy that De La Hoya controls EVERYTHING and he will always win on the cards.

Another big YAWN.

I think he might just stop Jacobs anyway, which would be quite a statement.

The only chance Jacobs got to win is by KO, TKO or DQ, since Canelo has never tasted defeated by any of those methods previously it's highly unlikely he will succumb next month in his unification clash.

So, that means Canelo wins the fight. I thought Jacobs beat GGG but I think Canelo is the best middleweight in the world and so even if Canelo does win on points I don't think he'd of needed any dodgy scoring to help him out, if it goes the distance I expect Canelo would have legitimately won at leats 7 rounds.

Jacobs needs to stay on his feet and I'd be delighted if he could win the contest, absolutely delighted.

As for making weight, my understanding is he won't be stripped if he doesn't make it as the IBF don't enforce the second weigh-in rule in unification bouts, it's team Canelo that have insisted on it and so I would expect a fine of some sort if Jacobs misses the second weigh-in limit.

Can't wait for this, let's go!

--- Well, sorta like a great fight on paper and styles and physical attributes in the ring, but can the suits ever oversee transparent officiating?

Canelo the clear favorite, but it's not overwhelming, so by those numbers the odds boys clearly respect Danny's chances. Picking Canelo sorta like picking low hanging fruit, so interesting to see how the Ring "experts" justify their picks.

Fight Picks: Canelo Alvarez vs. Danny Jacobs - The Ring

I actually lean slightly towards Danny The Miracle, because at his best he can just stop any middleweight out there. It is only a question if he will be at his best. If he does come in at 100%, then he can stop Canelo. Definitely. Either a Jacobs late stoppage or a Canelo dubious decision win.

--- That makes you inline with the sole espn "experts" who probably got bribed to pick danny, not to put too much pressure on you!

Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs predictions Who will win?

??? You really think Canelo is ALL THAT?? :ranger: I don't! And honestly, I'd LOVE IT if Jacobs won, because of all you who nuthug Canelo so much! Same with Pavlik and his buddy Dominguez, all they do is talk about how great Canelo is. Ffs...

--- Boz, thought I made it clear that I think Jacobs has a reasonable chance for an underdog, and the odds reflect that. If I was for sure Canelo could chase him down to ko him, I'd have said so. He's a live underdog going into the fight as it should be.

I think Jacobs wins and Canelo gets the decision.

A distinct possibility. I love watching Canelo as he is unquestionably a special boxer. It's the behind the scenes politics and conspiracies around him, and also the doping issue of course which turns me off! The circus as a whole, rather than Canelo himself.

I really like Jacobs though, as both a boxer and a person. His story is great.

I'll watching this as an absolute neutral.

Jacobs is definitely good enough to win but yes...he'll likely have to get a ko to actually do it. Problem is, Canelo hasn't been knocked out or even down, right? I'm not sure about the last but it's very possible. Still...Danny can hit. GGG I feel might have boxed a little too much in those fights.

OK just watched the weigh-in, I won't be on tomorrow/later so just wanna stick my neck out and predict Canelo by KO.

Enjoy the fight everyone, looking forward to the post-fight discussions!

--- Weights 159.5 Canelo and 160 Danny who looked seriously emaciated. Interesting in the undercards all touched their division with that same 0.5 lb difference, something so statistically improbable as to be impossible. Eddie making sure nary a card gets cancelled from a missed weight.

Purses: Canelo $35 mil and Danny $2.5 mil, prob his highest career purse.

Official contract purses per the Nevada State Athletic Commission: Canelo Alvarez $35M, Daniel Jacobs $2.5M (although he is guaranteed more than $10M under his DAZN deal), Vergil Ortiz Jr. $75k, Mauricio Herrera $75k; Joseph Diaz Jr. $100k, Freddy Fonseca $10k, Lamont Roach $75k, Jonathan Oquendo $50k, Sadam Ali $150k, Anthony Young $45k, John Ryder $100k, Bilal Akkawy $30k.

What's with the weigh in kick off? Thought these two would just keep it straight forward, respectful and do the talking in the ring. Disappointing.

What's with the weigh in kick off? Thought these two would just keep it straight forward, respectful and do the talking in the ring. Disappointing.

Everybody seems to need to put on a show these days.

Theatre of the absurd .....

--- Sometimes hard to copy certain formats, twitter being one, so I'll surmise Fat Dan to note both fighters made the final am weighin but refused to divulge their weights that cannot exceed 10 lbs, so the stuff their faces race for the fight nite weight is on.

my copy attempt:

Dan Rafael

@danrafaelespn

·

2h

It's #boxing so there's always funny business. Both sides refuse to disclose either man's weight at the Saturday morning #CaneloJacobs weight check. Both were required to be 170 or less at 8 am PT or face financial penalties. They both weighed, the fight is on but no weights.