Canelo vs Danny Jacobs Fight Week

LondonRingRules

Re: Canelo vs Danny Jacobs Fight Week

--- Sometimes hard to copy certain formats, twitter being one, so I'll surmise Fat Dan to note both fighters made the final am weighin but refused to divulge their weights that cannot exceed 10 lbs, so the stuff their faces race for the fight nite weight is on.

my copy attempt:

Dan Rafael

@danrafaelespn

·

2h

It's #boxing so there's always funny business. Both sides refuse to disclose either man's weight at the Saturday morning #CaneloJacobs weight check. Both were required to be 170 or less at 8 am PT or face financial penalties. They both weighed, the fight is on but no weights.[/QUOTE]

Canelo's making 35 mil. He can afford to pay the penalty, whatever it is.

--- Oscar eventually let the cat outta the bag with Canelo at 169 and Danny at 173.6, and at 250K per lb, that's approx $900K Danny owes. Guess it's legalized cheating since like the Golovkin fight where skipped it to forfeit his IBF.

Will either weigh in for their fight weights? I say danny + 6lb over Canelo.

Boxing News: Jacobs overweight, must pay Canelo $750K+ >> May 4, 2019

Edited by LondonRingRules

--- opined a couple fights ago that Sadam Ali had a shot look to him since Jesse Vargas did a number on him, and sadly he got pounded out in three rds by the boxrec #396 ranked Anthony Young. He used to be fast and flashy, and now slow and a punch bag.

Dunno about Youngs future, but with some care maybe a feel good story with a title shot and payday.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/585569

--- Lamont Roach Jr fought as horrid as his name to win a wide UD over former contender Jonathan oquendo.

Oquendo can't punch but he mullered him good. Thing is Roach is young with the zero now equipped with international belts, so the suits are gonna feed him to a legit champ type for a showyKO.

--- Boxrec #8 Joseph Diaz KOed 256th Freddie Fonseca for the WBA Gold Superfeather title when the obligatory towel flew into the ring.

Bayless the ref allows a KD the previous rd when Fon had his back turned for a free kidney and rabbit. Bayless shameless these days.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/634717

--- Canelo UD by 115-113x 2 and 116-112 in a well waged technical fight with Canelo sharper with biggest punches. Danny didnt help his case by being the bigger guy in reverse for 90% of the fight exacerbated when he threw himself to the canvas in the last rd with a missed punch.

A decent enough fight and the scores were fair.

To this point Fight-score.com users average total is 115-113 for Alvarez.

Might not be easy to see, but there's the full round by round breakdown. We have over 50 people scoring this at one point, but less than half completed the fight :rant:

Link to the analysis page: https://fight-score.com/fight/524/analysis/saul-alvarez-vs-danny-jacobs

xTaAJQO.png

I can't knock Canelo, he looked very good, & very aggressive. This time he actually deserved the decision.

But man, I can't believe how bad Jacobs looked. He's only 32 y-o, but he looked 40. All his speed and lightning reflexes were gone.

He also must have been in bad condition, because he literally gave the last round away.

Sad, as he was really brilliant once.

Had it level but some very close rounds, more close than clear ones from my perspective, watched the Polish broadcast but heard DAZN had it 8-4 for Canelo and Sky Sports for Canelo 7-5 and level on Froch's card.

Not the most exciting fight but a bit disappointed with Jacobs, I don't know how he thought he might win with those tactics, he saw what GGG did in the first fight, he had to do that, he was bigger and stronger and should have been imposing himself on Canelo way more, I needed him to make it a rough fight, lean on him, throw him around and worry less about the return fire.

He didn't look like he was prepared to get knocked out in exchange for a shot at getting the W but he was never gonna nick it on the cards and he knew that before the first bell so I am very confused as to how he expected to get the victory with those tactics.

Canelo's resume is one of the best in world boxing today, ATG!

Ah yeah and does anyone know what was wrong with his left knee? His movement seemed OK but I notice he was wearing a support and of course my commentary was in Polish

But man, I can't believe how bad Jacobs looked. He's only 32 y-o, but he looked 40. All his speed and lightning reflexes were gone.

He also must have been in bad condition, because he literally gave the last round away.

Not the most exciting fight but a bit disappointed with Jacobs, I don't know how he thought he might win with those tactics, he saw what GGG did in the first fight, he had to do that, he was bigger and stronger and should have been imposing himself on Canelo way more, I needed him to make it a rough fight, lean on him, throw him around and worry less about the return fire.

He didn't look like he was prepared to get knocked out in exchange for a shot at getting the W but he was never gonna nick it on the cards and he knew that before the first bell so I am very confused as to how he expected to get the victory with those tactics.

I'm in agreement with you guys. He didn't get steamrollered at least, but the tactics weren't at all going to get him the victory in there.

--- Canelo's knee timeline:

1. Had surgery between the Golovkin fights.

2. Wore an elastic knee brace for Fielding.

3. A flesh colored brace for this fight.

4. In the build up Jacobs noted he had lousy footwork that Jacobs would exploit. Didn't work.

Disappointed in Jacobs, took the first round and then went on his bike despite the physical advantages, he was never going to get a decision with negative tactics against Canelo in Vegas but whatever Canelo deserved the victory and now has the best current resume of all active fighters despite a few of them champs being past their sell by date.

It will be interesting to see where he goes now, they've mentioned Kov(LOL) Smith(possible) GGG(most likely) but I hope it's Andrade as he has the only belt left for him to collect and he's a slick southpaw which would give him problems, it's that reason he goes for Golovkin or Smith imo

Disappointed in Jacobs, took the first round and then went on his bike despite the physical advantages, he was never going to get a decision with negative tactics against Canelo in Vegas but whatever Canelo deserved the victory and now has the best current resume of all active fighters despite a few of them champs being past their sell by date.

It will be interesting to see where he goes now, they've mentioned Kov(LOL) Smith(possible) GGG(most likely) but I hope it's Andrade as he has the only belt left for him to collect and he's a slick southpaw which would give him problems, it's that reason he goes for Golovkin or Smith imo

Andrade is the obvious choice. He's an opponent that's easy to take 12 rounds, in which case Canelo can't possibly lose as we know.

- And Andrade's penchant for not throwing a lot of punches will make it even easier for Canelo's pet judges to assure him the victory.

Plus, then Golovkin is even 6 months older when they do the lucrative trilogy.

Edited by Cableaddict

Andrade gets him the last middleweight title, Smith gets him some props, GGG gets him grief!

The 3rd GGG will come at some point. It'll be finanacially rewarding, again!