REMATCH-Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada

LondonRingRules

--- Rungvisai the hottest little guy going these days rematches JFEstrada at the Cali Forum this Friday.

The Thai is 47-4, 44 KO if memory serves and Ring rated p4p, but surprisingly Ring experts picked Estrada by a 10-3 margin. What's up with that?

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/528191

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: REMATCH-Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada

UK bookies make Rungvisai the very slight favourite but it's a pick em.

If memory serves me right Estrada was the victim of a horrific roughe scorecard in their first encounter where he lost on a split. Two cards were very close with the last one wide for 'Rung'.

Maybe the experts see something in that fight, and his efforts in most recent fights, to think the younger Estrada has enough about him to get the win this time.

Undecided weather or not to set an alarm for this one for the live showing (and online interaction with potential Fightnight Scores users)...

I just watched the first fight again ahead of the rematch, scored it again but only had a point closer, can't see any reason for a rematch, Rungvisai clear winner for me both times I've watched now but looking forward to the rematch nonetheless, good to have a Friday night fight of this calibre, same result as before is my prediction for tonight's rematch.

I just watched the first fight again ahead of the rematch, scored it again but only had a point closer, can't see any reason for a rematch, Rungvisai clear winner for me both times I've watched now but looking forward to the rematch nonetheless, good to have a Friday night fight of this calibre, same result as before is my prediction for tonight's rematch.

i also love to watch fights again :P

--- Hot undefeated prospect Anthony Sims Jr won a decision over Devon Alexander's brother Vaughn in a tough fight for Sims.

For a flashy fighter, he took unnessarily punishment by ducking into rabbit punches. Good action and Vaughn landed plenty legit punches but a bit of a plodder with no flash to impress.

Jesse Vargas vs Humberto Soto who well whooped Brandon Rios in his last fight.

I pick Vargas who's been training with Fredie Roach. Soto 38 been in bukos fights since he was 17.

--- Wow, huge brawl btwn Vargas and Soto who has 82 fights that left both cut from a head clash and Soto down from a belt line shot. They reverted to boxing for rd4 and 5, but Soto had Vargas ready to go down the last 10 sec.

Vargas looked like death warmed over on his stool but came out boxing for the 6th before a combo KD Soto. Jesse battered and tko by jesse at 1:48

--- Roman whoops Doheny a new face assisted by a couple KDs.

Had to finally mute the sound when the announcers clearly lost the plot. Before their stupidity was masked by a low level comments. I had Roman wide and always question a bleeder wearing white trunks.

--- I now see why Ring "experts" picked Estrada 10-3.

In a rather modest fight that saw Estrada in reverse for 80% of the fight, he wins the decision. He went toe to toe against Choco, but he couldnt come close to that against Sri.

Whatever, just another bad decision in a million bad decisions.

--- I now see why Ring "experts" picked Estrada 10-3.

In a rather modest fight that saw Estrada in reverse for 80% of the fight, he wins the decision. He went toe to toe against Choco, but he couldnt come close to that against Sri.

Whatever, just another bad decision in a million bad decisions.

What fight did YOU watch?

I was stunned that they gave Sor more than 3 rounds.

Of course, he obviously fought orthodox so as to have an excuse for losing, thus setting up the inevitable

wait for it ...........

Oh hell, I can't do it ! :laugh:

Edited by Cableaddict

What fight did YOU watch?

I was stunned that they gave Sor more than 3 rounds.

Of course, he obviously fought orthodox so as to have an excuse for losing, thus setting up the inevitable

wait for it ...........

Oh hell, I can't do it ! :laugh:

--- What, hell freeze up on you again?

Lackluster fights always difficult to score, but if I give Estrada my 5 even rds, that's 115-113 for Sri, only 2 points remove from a loss.

Postfight Sri stated he fought Righty on the directions of his team, in short, he was wearing the cuffs for well documented nefarious purpose having to do with wagering.

Hope they ain't skinning too badly as he deserves a comfortable retirement.

Gotta disagree with you here Bobby, Estrada controlled that fight and used the right tactics. he was in and out and scoring the better shots, even if they weren't huge devastating blows. Rungvisai was fighting orthodox for the most part and actually saw some success when he went into southpaw and was hunting and on the front foot more, he started to win rounds then.

No dount the trilogy will be one :thumb:

Side note, Roman vs Doheny was a great fight! Best one I have seen in a good, long while.