Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford Loaded for Bear

LondonRingRules

--- Poor Khan vs Crawford got swamped in the Big Baby overload , but for the bean counters they and the undercard make weight, so looks like we have a fight with SPOILERS to follow.

Anyone think Khan could start his own candy line with Khan Krunchies after this fight.

and Shakur Stevenson on the Card. Any boos upon his introduction?

Boxing News: Crawford, Khan make weight >> April 20, 2019

Re: Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford Loaded for Bear

Full 1hr show (minus commercials) posted here - all the weighins, main and prelims.

No boos for Stevenson despite the recent unearthing of him and a mate beating girls and 2 defenceless boyfriends up at a garage filling station. Must be something the US public accept as normal behaviour.

http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/65/90/0e/5ff30a1200576014.jpg http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/68/7b/2e/0d41501200576034.jpg http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/fc/7c/2f/15e4bb1200576074.jpg

--- Don't have espn+, but assimilating the various reports, Khan dropped early in the fight and succumbed in the 6th via a marginal low blow.

Not sure of the official logic of a debatable low blow stoppage, but there it is...only in boxing!

It was a definite low blow, but regardless, Kahn pulled a 'no mas."

He could have taken 5 minutes and been fine, but Crawford was humiliating him in there, and Kahn wanted out.

I guess he couldn't "bear" to continue.

Edited by Cableaddict

It wasn't marginal. It was a proper whack in the nuts! Khan should have been able to carry on after a 5 minute rest. Still not a fan of fighters winning after committing a foul though (see Liam Smith, Andre Ward, etc)

He could have taken 5 minutes and been fine, but Crawford was humiliating him in there, and Kahn wanted out.

I guess he couldn't "bear" to continue.

I totally agree. It was only a matter of time before he was getting stopped and he knew it.

Just about summarizes it. Khan's face and body were battered, too. Proper roughed-up, age has caught him up and overtaken him.

Still not a fan of fighters winning after committing a foul though (see Liam Smith, Andre Ward, etc)

Lets not forget Anthony Fowler - last 2 victories were the result of blows landed on the opponent whilst on the canvas, after the bell, and both went unpunished, and largely ignored by Sky sports 'team'.

--- I don't recall Khan being so thoroughly marked up like what Crawford did to him.

Heres a link to photos where you can find one with Khan erect with his navel covered up by his belt line. There is another still showing the blow in Question that I will try to copy tomorrow that shows The punch landing on the front part of the pelvis aka hipbone that is an inch below my own navel. The ref usually spots differences in belt line to indicate what is legal during ring instructions, and what were those?

Is this a tempest in a teapot?

Boxing News: Crawford, Khan post-fight comments >> April 21, 2019

Seemed a strange one to me, as I understand it, according to unified rules, only the referee can stop the fight...the commentators kept saying Hunter had pulled him out. I definitely saw the doctor wave it off followed by the ref under the doctor's instructions, so Khan MUST have said he didnt want to continue to either the ref or the doctor. No mas, gimme the 5mil Uncle Bob.

Was deffo a low blow but caught him on the top of the right thigh not in the ballbag. He could have taken the full 5mins allowed to recover. Then had the gall to say in the post fight interview hes a warrior who never quits.

Who knows what goes thru Khan's mind - he could have taken Fast Eddie's 10mil for a Wembley date with Special-K. He looks too fckd to even consider that one now, if its still on the table. Surely he could never believe he was beating Bud ?

Seemed a strange one to me, as I understand it, according to unified rules, only the referee can stop the fight...the commentators kept saying Hunter had pulled him out. I definitely saw the doctor wave it off followed by the ref under the doctor's instructions, so Khan MUST have said he didnt want to continue to either the ref or the doctor. No mas, gimme the 5mil Uncle Bob.

Was deffo a low blow but caught him on the top of the right thigh not in the ballbag. He could have taken the full 5mins allowed to recover. Then had the gall to say in the post fight interview hes a warrior who never quits.

Pretty much my sentiments too. I've got no problem with him saying no mas since he gave a good effort through 5 but don't lie afterwards or try to confuse the viewers. The doctor asked Khan if he wanted to continue before he had taken even half of the rest time he was permitted to take and Khan said no, the doctor then got up on the apron and told the referee to wave it off. That's what went down.

Crawford said that the shot wasn't low, it was low but it hit him on the leg as you rightly pointed out, not his groin, Khan didn't want to fight anymore so right decision in ruling a TKO victory for Crawford.

And STILL

Was an ok fight. Khan has seen better days. Was a low blow but he was struggling. Hunter pulled him out, he knew his fighter was done. Crawford needs to start fighting the other champs or Danny Garcia.

Yeah, Garcia was very impressive on Saturday, would love to see him get a shot at Crawford next

I've got no problem with him saying no mas since he gave a good effort through 5 but don't lie afterwards or try to confuse the viewers. The doctor asked Khan if he wanted to continue before he had taken even half of the rest time he was permitted to take and Khan said no, the doctor then got up on the apron and told the referee to wave it off. That's what went down.

That's precisely what I saw with my own eyes Undefeated, yep. And ditto, the interpretation.

And I took Crawford's comment about it 'wasnt a low blow' to mean he hadnt actually hit him in the balls. Which while an accurate statement - still counts as a low blow.

--- OK, this is supposed to be the final blow. Clearly it's on the hip, just below the belt line, and it has lifted Khans trunk up so that we can see his family jewels well away from the blow. Also note Crawford has dipped to as to deliver the blow just below Khan's elbow, probably a slight time mistake in the landing landing from the full physics of of a body in motion.

This is in no way the equivalent to the blatant low uppercut landed to Kovalev's jewels by Ward as I have seen described, and honestly, not many are complaining about the blow or stoppage.

D4qjIiwWkAEZHti?format=jpg&name=small

--- Here young Khan is looking like a lesser form of Crawford knocking out Judah with an uppercut landing on the beltline after a very awkward exchange. Note the replay showing the punch barely creasing the trunks where the jewels are kept. Judah keeled over and milked it like a diva to no mercy by the ref who ruled KO.

--- Khan is an awkward fighter, always has been, so here's Hamed getting tangled up with Barrera in a classic "What stinkin' rules" moment. Start at the 3 minute mark and you can see Hamed taunting him as Barrera trying to keep his temper in check as a lead up to the incident. Joe Cortez too!

Only in boxing!

Hadn't watched the broadcast yet, so i can only say what i saw while watching it live. Looked low right away, but i thought Khan would've taken the 5 minutes and continued. He chose not to, and i'm not questioning his reasonings for not going on. People in the arena were very disappointed and booing. It's a shame that it ended that way, but thats boxing for ya.

Had another fun night at the fights. Couple of highlights were when i met Barry Jones at the hotel. I called out his name and he approached me like i was some long lost friend. We chatted about boxing for about 10 minutes, super nice guy. Another guy that was cool to meet was former world title challenger John Thompson. I was surprised to see him in a neck brace. Supposedly he got into a very bad car accident, and was actually wearing one of those Vinny Paziena Halo things for some time. In was in good spirits, and smiling a lot, said he's getting stronger every day. Ran into Maurice Mighty Mo Hooker again. He said there's some talks of him fighting Mikey Garcia at the end of the year. But it's still too early to say if there's anything concrete about those talks.

I definitely saw the doctor wave it off followed by the ref under the doctor's instructions, so Khan MUST have said he didnt want to continue to either the ref or the doctor. No mas, gimme the 5mil Uncle Bob.

Was deffo a low blow but caught him on the top of the right thigh not in the ballbag. He could have taken the full 5mins allowed to recover.

The doctor asked Khan if he wanted to continue before he had taken even half of the rest time he was permitted to take and Khan said no, the doctor then got up on the apron and told the referee to wave it off. That's what went down.

That's precisely what I saw with my own eyes Undefeated, yep. And ditto, the interpretation..

This is in no way the equivalent to the blatant low uppercut landed to Kovalev's jewels by Ward as I have seen described, and honestly, not many are complaining about the blow or stoppage.

D4qjIiwWkAEZHti?format=jpg&name=small

That all sums it up perfectly. An accidental low blow, but it wasn't nutsack crackin by any means.

Not to say it wouldn't have hurt, but had Khan wanted to carry on they'd have given him the 5 minute recovery time. He wanted no more.

Had another fun night at the fights. Couple of highlights were when i met Barry Jones at the hotel. I called out his name and he approached me like i was some long lost friend. We chatted about boxing for about 10 minutes, super nice guy. Another guy that was cool to meet was former world title challenger John Thompson. I was surprised to see him in a neck brace. Supposedly he got into a very bad car accident, and was actually wearing one of those Vinny Paziena Halo things for some time. In was in good spirits, and smiling a lot, said he's getting stronger every day. Ran into Maurice Mighty Mo Hooker again. He said there's some talks of him fighting Mikey Garcia at the end of the year. But it's still too early to say if there's anything concrete about those talks.

I love these little tid-bits you give us Rep! Particularly the little bits of heads up about some potential matches with active fighters. Good man! What's your next boxing outing?

That all sums it up perfectly. An accidental low blow, but it wasn't nutsack crackin by any means.

Not to say it wouldn't have hurt, but had Khan wanted to carry on they'd have given him the 5 minute recovery time. He wanted no more.

I love these little tid-bits you give us Rep! Particularly the little bits of heads up about some potential matches with active fighters. Good man! What's your next boxing outing?

Thinking about heading to Tucson for the Berchelt vs Vargas undercard. If i'm not able to make it because of work, i'll be going to Hurd vs JRock Williams in Fairfax, Va. And possibly this fight in Massachusetts on the 9th.

I have tickets to AJ vs ????? on June 1st. But might return them for a refund and get tickets for that card if prices drop.

I'll be at Wilder vs Breazeale on May 18th. And heading to Verona, NY for Judah vs Seldin on IBHOF weekend, but i'll be heading back the next day to attend the GGG vs Rolls fight. I'll likely attend that Bellator fight at the Garden on June 14th.

Hmm i think thats it for now. Been to 11 boxing cards in 2019, and 1 UFC. Not a bad start to the year.

Thinking about heading to Tucson for the Berchelt vs Vargas undercard. If i'm not able to make it because of work, i'll be going to Hurd vs JRock Williams in Fairfax, Va. And possibly this fight in Massachusetts on the 9th.

I have tickets to AJ vs ????? on June 1st. But might return them for a refund and get tickets for that card if prices drop.

I'll be at Wilder vs Breazeale on May 18th. And heading to Verona, NY for Judah vs Seldin on IBHOF weekend, but i'll be heading back the next day to attend the GGG vs Rolls fight. I'll likely attend that Bellator fight at the Garden on June 14th.

Hmm i think thats it for now. Been to 11 boxing cards in 2019, and 1 UFC. Not a bad start to the year.

Now that's living some kind of dream! :cool: