Is Amir Khan's last shot at championship dream on Saturday night?

The_budweiser

This weekend we will once again be witness to one of England’s biggest stars, as former world champion Amir Khan steps into the ring to face off with undefeated WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford. The fight will air on ESPN pay per view from Madison Square Garden in New York.

Khan is certainly a big underdog, and at 32 years old his back looks to be up against the wall. Khan has been in with a gauntlet of top fighters, winning many and losing some heartbreaking battles. His best success seemed to come at 140 pounds, but he offered up his take on his abilities at 147 pounds.

Is Amir Khan’s last shot at championship “dream” on Saturday night? - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is Amir Khan's last shot at championship dream on Saturday night?

I've never been sure of anything as I'm sure of this.

Amir Khan is getting stopped on Saturday night.

Crawford by TKO victory in last quarter.

Totally agree. The only thing that stops this being a quick fight is if Khan runs most of the fight. Crawford will catch "Mr I'm not chinny" at one point and the fight will be over soon as he does.

Khan's always been pretty courageous one way or another - he's taken on bigger and better fighters and his reaction to getting hurt is to lash out and go for a scrap. If he'd kept his mouth shut I think he'd be loved by the public, but he never knows when to stop.

Khan's always been pretty courageous one way or another - he's taken on bigger and better fighters and his reaction to getting hurt is to lash out and go for a scrap. If he'd kept his mouth shut I think he'd be loved by the public, but he never knows when to stop.

--- Ahem...

I was suprised it lasted as long as it did, given the 1st round knockdown.

Seemed Crawford just too his foot off the gas a bit, but as soon as he turned it on again in round 5 he had Amir flailing around again.

A bizarre end, I think Khan was looking for a way out at that point. And maybe his trainer hung some hope on a potential DQ, which would have a been an utter farce.