Reports of Jarrell Big Baby Miller testing positive. F$%^!!!!!

repsac

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Reports of Jarrell Big Baby Miller testing positive. F$%^!!!!!

This is very disappointing. Going on past form, NYSAC won't license him to fight June 1st. Hearn has already suggested that June 1st remains the plan. If so, it'll be interesting to see who they line up as a replacement. Given the promotional dividing lines it's hard to see an obvious satisfactory replacement. It's one thing after the other in the Heavyweight division!

Boxing continues to kick itself in the bollocks!!

Now THERE'S a surprise!

;-)

Now I'm guessing you don't mean this in a "yep, Miller is definitely on drugs, look how ripped he is" kind of way.

Your interpretation:- Team AJ don't wanna any of that Big Baby, pay VADA to invent a suspect sample story :whistle:

Might be that Michael Hunter gets the call up... American; signed to Hearn; already training for a fight on the Usyk undercard the week before; eminently beatable...

Thanks to Fat Dan for the scoop. The dazn suits will wheel AN Other out as too much $ sunk into AJs US debut performance. So the end result will be the same. We will still see AJ blow AN Other away instead of blowing Big Baby away.

--- The marriage of the boxing suits with VADA is making shambles out of a poorly run sport littered with n'er do wells.

a month to return the results of a March 20 th test?

no transparency and no drug values were given though Ring cites the substance I never heard of, GW1516, prob something found in typical over the counter stuff.

the fight ain't off yet, but no matter the replacement, miller can kiss his thug persona in the ass as he delivers the latest drama. this is why the nba, nfl, mlb, and NHL won't let VADA Vic BALCO in the door or on the field.

Report: Jarrell Miller fails drug test ahead of Anthony Joshua fight - The Ring

GW1516 is a purely synthetic 1990's drug. How he thought he could get away with it beggars belief. I could (half) understand a drug cheat trying to get away with something new and designer, but this is crazy. It has a known and well documented footprint.

this is why the nba, nfl, mlb, and NHL won't let VADA Vic BALCO in the door or on the field.

What a childish statement Bobby. The reason the likes of the NBA do their own testing is because vada would rip them to bits. By the time the playoffs came around neither conference would be able to field a standard team never mind a bench.

...Something something...couldn't pass own tests...something Thomas Hauser...something something crack family Floydy...

--- The marriage of the boxing suits with VADA is making shambles out of a poorly run sport littered with n'er do wells.

a month to return the results of a March 20 th test?

no transparency and no drug values were given though Ring cites the substance I never heard of, GW1516, prob something found in typical over the counter stuff.

the fight ain't off yet, but no matter the replacement, miller can kiss his thug persona in the ass as he delivers the latest drama. this is why the nba, nfl, mlb, and NHL won't let VADA Vic BALCO in the door or on the field.

Report: Jarrell Miller fails drug test ahead of Anthony Joshua fight - The Ring

No mention of "TUE" really is a shocker!! Better luck next time Gav!

Hearn is now saying that Ortiz was Joshua's first choice. Although I like the fight as a replacement, Hearn is probably just putting it out there to add credence to the idea that Joshua is willing to take on all-comers if Miller is out. More likely it's going to be someone perceived as a softer touch. Having seen the 5 fighter shortlist I'm surprised to see Charr on there. Perhaps the thinking is that this would clear up a WBA mandatory for the near future.

Hearn: Luis Ortiz Was The First Name Anthony Joshua Gave Me - Boxing News

Edited by Gerald
Link added

Hearn is now saying that Ortiz was Joshua's first choice. Although I like the fight as a replacement,

I don't - swap a one-time possible drug cheat for a one-time definite drug cheat who should arguably be counted as a two-time drug cheat, and who is ancient and lost the only fight he ever had against a top-level opponent.

Boxing continues to kick itself in the bollocks!!

Now I'm guessing you don't mean this in a "yep, Miller is definitely on drugs, look how ripped he is" kind of way.

Your interpretation:- Team AJ don't wanna any of that Big Baby, pay VADA to invent a suspect sample story :whistle:

Nah, I meant exactly "yep, Miller is definitely on drugs, look how ripped he is"

- But I like the way you think!

(Or the way you think I think.)

I wouldn't be surprised if more than 50% of the very top boxers have cheated at one point in their career or still cheat there way to success, especially when there is so much money on stake.

I'm not surprised by this latest failed test.

It's gotta be Kownacki, Ruiz Jr or Hunter for me (in that order).

Ortiz has already failed 2 drug tests, it's too much of a risk to call him in with less than 2 months to go and have fingers crossed that he doesn't get popped for a 3rd time during that period, if that were to happen it'd be an absolute disaster for the show (moreso than it already is a disaster) with Hearn scrambling around to find someone on 2-3 weeks' notice with the only criteria being that this 3rd opponent posseses a reasonable level of fitness.

David Haye is trying to talk up Chisora if Chisora wins his fight on Sat, proper salesman he is that one, the casuals will lap it up no doubt as Haye is a master at this kind of BS.

It's gotta be Kownacki, Ruiz Jr or Hunter for me (in that order).

Ortiz has already failed 2 drug tests, it's too much of a risk to call him in with less than 2 months to go and have fingers crossed that he doesn't get popped for a 3rd time during that period, if that were to happen it'd be an absolute disaster for the show (moreso than it already is a disaster) with Hearn scrambling around to find someone on 2-3 weeks' notice with the only criteria being that this 3rd opponent posseses a reasonable level of fitness.

David Haye is trying to talk up Chisora if Chisora wins his fight on Sat, proper salesman he is that one, the casuals will lap it up no doubt as Haye is a master at this kind of BS.

You make a good point about the danger to the promoters, taking a chance on Ortiz.

- But of the five names in your post, Ortiz is the only one with a chance of actually beating AJ. The other three are guarantee losesses, and possibly even snoozer fights.

A promoter has to sell excitement, at least ONCE in a while. Takam, Parker, and an over-the-hill, non-roided Povetkin... What's next, "some guy from the local pub" ?

Chisora might indeed put asses in seats, though. That is true, sadly.

You make a good point about the danger to the promoters, taking a chance on Ortiz.

- But of the five names in your post, Ortiz is the only one with a chance of actually beating AJ. The other three are guarantee losesses, and possibly even snoozer fights.

A promoter has to sell excitement, at least ONCE in a while. Takam, Parker, and an over-the-hill, non-roided Povetkin... What's next, "some guy from the local pub" ?

Chisora might indeed put asses in seats, though. That is true, sadly.

And Ortiz is clearly the one we'd all prefer to see step in too, absolutely. If we can't have Jaroid Miller, give us Ortiz from an entertainment POV but from a moral one it's gotta be the two I've mentioned, they're both winning without cheating so let them get a shot.

I don't see Ortiz causing Joshua any real problems, once AJ covers up and lets Ortiz gas out hitting his arms and shoulders, he'll get Ortiz out of there. The only top contender Ortiz has fought dropped him multiple times and then stopped him, AJ does the same in my view and so since he's clear favourite against all 5 of those that I've named, let's take the moral route here I say.

--- Josh the obvious fav in any proposed match including the aborted one.

Ortiz is OK, yet silent, and disappointingly the biggest local draw, Adam Kownacki with a decade of experience turned the Josh fight down saying 6 weeks wasn't enough prep time. 6 weeks used to be the standard big fight training camp. Looks like what could have been a golden era of heavyweights has turned to mush.

Anyone think Miller got slipped a Mickey? Not a PED expert, but my instincts and what I do know about drugs tells me GW1516 ain't anything even a C grade trainer would use to enhance performance today. Moreover, why is VADA even being used when this ain't a WBC title fight? All I'm seeing thus far is the result of monkey wrenches being thrown in the works to kill what was shaping up to be a compelling fight.

why is VADA even being used when this ain't a WBC title fight? All I'm seeing thus far is the result of monkey wrenches being thrown in the works to kill what was shaping up to be a compelling fight.

You've turned into Cableaddict. Why shouldn't VADA be used? They're not exclusive to the WBC.

Eddie Hearn has confirmed that Jarrell Miller has failed a second SEPARATE drugs test after pleading his innocence over the loss of a fight against Anthony Joshua.

Previously, the American was found to have GW1516 (Endurobol) in his system following a VADA test.

Miller had his New York license revoked. He was subsequently dropped from a fight against Joshua on June 1 at Madison Square Garden.

Just two days later, and Hearn has confirmed the presence of ANOTHER substance. A growth hormone reportedly found in Miller’s urine.

“We have now received news from VADA that Jarrell Miller has now failed a second separate test for a further substance,” Hearn stated as he continues the search for a replacement,

You've turned into Cableaddict. Why shouldn't VADA be used? They're not exclusive to the WBC.

--- Now , gavvy, there you go again!

Using a convicted felon and notorious PED designer to run a scam drug testing agency selling their own vitamins and multimillion dollar training facilities scientifically designed to provide performance enhancement over poor 3rd worlders may meet your approval , but never mine. That's the way it's always been!

--- Josh the obvious fav in any proposed match including the aborted one.

Ortiz is OK, yet silent, and disappointingly the biggest local draw, Adam Kownacki with a decade of experience turned the Josh fight down saying 6 weeks wasn't enough prep time. 6 weeks used to be the standard big fight training camp.

Yeah, but to be fair, that's not at all the same thing as finding out you're fighting 6 weeks before the fight. I shouldn't need to eleborate.

It's especially true with heavyweights, since they don't need to stay at a reasonable weight all year long.

OK, they SHOULD, but they don't HAVE to.