Thread: Notre Dame Ablaze

Notre Dame Ablaze

--- Terrible losses, perhaps the whole cathedral.

Terribls
    Hidden Content

I don't see how anything but patches can be saved. No reports of deaths yet, but surely there are casualties. Notre Dame is 1000 yrs old.

Hidden Content

This a good summary of events. Much was saved, yet the damage still catostrophic.

Hidden Content
    Last edited by LondonRingRules; 04-16-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Re: Notre Dame Ablaze

Shocking....

--- The French Yellow Vests swarming protests over billionaire contributions to the rebuilding of Notre Dame that may top a billion by now.

State of the Art France these days:

Hidden Content
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Slightly bizarre really - they spent years fundraising for 150 million euros or so to get the place repaired, but were struggling for donations. Set the place on fire and all of a sudden their cup overfloweth! Whether this is "Dunno what you got 'til it's gone" at work or just confirmation people love a gimmick before they give...