Jaime Munguia vs Dennis Hogan

LondonRingRules

Re: Jaime Munguia vs Dennis Hogan

Was cheering on my countryman Jamie Weetch, in his final eliminator, against Hogan. Jamie, who is far less experienced, lost on points but put Hogan down. Hogan has been down a few times. Decent boxer though will be outgunned by the raw but powerful Munguia. Don't see it going to the 2nd half of the contest.

--- Undefeated Diego de la Hoya had a head clash in the 2 rd against a Mexican Bernache, forgive my spelling, but it split the journeys forehead that resulted in an NC decision.

Obviously DLH related to Oscar, and the backstory is he's coming back from hospitalization after losing the battle with the scales resulting in kidney damage! Apparently he doesn't speak English and appears very soft for a fighter with no special attributes save kidney damage, so I don't see anything but a short future.

National Anthems time for the main event.

--- Needless to say I muted the stupid DAZN announcer since all they and all announcers do blither incessantly to distract from the fight.

AkL

Imagine my surprise when I turned on the volume for the decision to find them blubbering about an upset. Hogan danced and grabbed mostly whereas Jaime let his hands go often. It wasn't a great fight because Hogan spoiled mostly. I scored 4 rds even and the rest for Jaime who is a solid boxer but a disappointment in hurting and KOing Hogan.

scores were 114-114/115-113/116/112 for a majority Jaime decision that quite embarrassed the announcers. Just pitiable. Why can't they just stfu?

--- Needless to say I muted the stupid DAZN announcer since all they and all announcers do blither incessantly to distract from the fight.

AkL

Imagine my surprise when I turned on the volume for the decision to find them blubbering about an upset. Hogan danced and grabbed mostly whereas Jaime let his hands go often. It wasn't a great fight because Hogan spoiled mostly. I scored 4 rds even and the rest for Jaime who is a solid boxer but a disappointment in hurting and KOing Hogan.

scores were 114-114/115-113/116/112 for a majority Jaime decision that quite embarrassed the announcers. Just pitiable. Why can't they just stfu?

A lot of the Twitter comments on this suggest something of a hometown robbery for Munguia. Your comments Bobby, suggest otherwise though :noidea:

A lot of the Twitter comments on this suggest something of a hometown robbery for Munguia. Your comments Bobby, suggest otherwise though :noidea:

--- Doubtless them twitter tinkerbells were shaped by Sergio Mora who stinks up commentary as well as he did fights.

What did YOU score? My score reflects most expected scoring controversies. If I give my even rds to Hogan, I end up in the 2/3rds scoring cluster with a 116-112 score. Hogans best asset was skeetering around out of range before leaping in butt head first for a grab.

Is such really a great argument enough for a rematch nobody would ever want to see replicated?

Bring them tweety birds here and I'll jimmybrownpants em Curtis Trollhunter Woodhouse style.

I'm thinkin' Hoggy vs Lady Lara in a Stinker ring might be where stinker fans would better be served.

--- Doubtless them twitter tinkerbells were shaped by Sergio Mora who stinks up commentary as well as he did fights.

Maybe so!

What did YOU score? My score reflects most expected scoring controversies. If I give my even rds to Hogan, I end up in the 2/3rds scoring cluster with a 116-112 score. Hogans best asset was skeetering around out of range before leaping in butt head first for a grab.

I didn't have chance to catch it yet. Maybe sometime this week, heard it was a decent contest.