Top Rank & Pulev.

Cableaddict

I just realized that Pulev is now signed with them, and tonight is a Top Rank card.

Jeez, my man Bogdan Dinu just can't get a break.

This will probably be a repeat of the Miller fight. Another forced dive. :whistle:

I hope Dinu fucks them all and just swings away.

Bob Arum can kiss my ass.

Re: Top Rank & Pulev.

--- Uncle Bob may be a dinosaur on his way to extinction, but he's clever enough with first rate support to adapt quickly to the new streaming model. He and GB were the first to have their own for example and now each aligned with the two biggest platforms.

Dinu probably a great gym fighter looking good against inferior comp, but here he had Pulev at his mercy and soon let a golden opportunity slip away. If you clinch Pulev he rabbit punches, something he did to Wlad over 2 dozen x. I would point out these are offsetting fouls, but Wlad never looked dominating after that fight, so I'd think fighters and their teams would know better.

That said, Dinu was able to continue a fight he looked to have quit after his brief moment of dominance, and the ref did deduct a point from Pulev, so I don't see much to complain about other than the ring clown doc and announcers. When will the public have a mute button for clown announcers ?

Dinu may yet recover, but he just can't sustain any kind of a pace and looks like his legs may well betray him in tough fights. Pulev will be used by arum in Furys Negotions with Deyonce and Josh which is a good fallback position to be in.

That was a bit of a wild one! Pulev should've been DQ'd. Top Rank seem to be gathering AJ's potential mandatories. Are they trying to tempt him away from Fast Eddie?

I agree that Pulev should have been DQ'ed. What a dirty POS! constantly swinging for the back of the head, hitting on the break, blatantly hitting after the bell.

At the same time, he showed balls of steel, and obviously crazy good power.

I'm very upset that Dinu had to lose that way, but I suspect Pulev was never going to get KO'ed & would probably have won via a legit KO, anyway.

Maybe.

Dinu DID let off the gas again, after a number of astonishingly good rounds.

As someone who's been a huge fan of his since the beginning, I'm quite devastated, but at the same time I'm getting the sense that he might be the new Andrew Golotta. Very hard to say, especially since I REALLY DO believe he was paid to let Miller beat him. - But if I'm wrong about that, then I'm probably right about the Golotta thing.

Crap .....

Edited by Cableaddict

-

Dinu probably a great gym fighter looking good against inferior comp, but here he had Pulev at his mercy and soon let a golden opportunity slip away. If you clinch Pulev he rabbit punches, something he did to Wlad over 2 dozen x. I would point out these are offsetting fouls, but Wlad never looked dominating after that fight, so I'd think fighters and their teams would know better.

I have to agree. I think that Dinu, having been screwed over for his entire pro career, was simply so desperate for TV exposure, that he allowed himself to face to opponents who were too much of a step up. (Well, one opponent, at least.)

If he had good management, and was brought along properly, who knows where he'd be right now? You can see that he has all the tools, both offensively and defensively, and such fast hands.

Maybe there's still time for him, but can he still get decent opponents now?

Edited by Cableaddict

I agree that Pulev should have been DQ'ed. What a dirty POS! constantly swinging for the back of the head, hitting on the break, blatantly hitting after the bell.

At the same time, he showed balls of steel, and obviously crazy good power.

I'm very upset that Dinu had to lose that way, but I suspect Pulev was never going to get KO'ed & would probably have won via a legit KO, anyway.

Maybe.

Dinu DID let off the gas again, after a number of astonishingly good rounds.

As someone who's been a huge fan of his since the beginning, I'm quite devastated, but at the same time I'm getting the sense that he might be the new Andrew Golotta. Very hard to say, especially since I REALLY DO believe he was paid to let Miller beat him. - But if I'm wrong about that, then I'm probably right about the Golotta thing.

Crap .....

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick :haha: