Wilder Snubs $100 Mil DAZN Offer

LondonRingRules

--- Been hearing reports of this for a few days now, usual rumors, but Fat Dan no matter his flaws has solid insider information, and here be.

Anyone remember Rahman rejecting a lucrative guaranteed contract with DKing after KOing Lennox? This has all that potential financial disaster given the vulnerable state of his skills and chin. Breazeale cited as next in the queue already training his ass off for some revenge after Wilders dozen gang assaulted him and his wife and little toddler in a Alabam hotel.

Sources: Wilder camp rejects 9-figure DAZN offer

Re: Wilder Snubs $100 Mil DAZN Offer

I can't be the only one who's totally disinterested in the heavyweight scene anymore?

Just a massive clusterfuck of egos, self interest obsessed promoters and just back and forth bullshit.

This is incredibly disappointing, especially when it looked earlier last week like Wilder was going to sign with DAZN and the path to the Joshua unification would be clear.

I think this is not only an unwise move for Wilder and also fails to remove a continued hurdle to fights with Joshua or Fury... but (I'm not sure I believe this myself) there may be some reason for hope. It depends on what the contract with Showtime looks like (I couldn't get much from the press conference, despite Finkel promising the details were going to be released. Maybe I missed something). If it's a one fight deal (which it could well be, given how vocal and protective Wilder has been of his 'free agency') then Wilder's thinking (and those around him) is probably that if Showtime have been able to come somewhere close to money he was offered for the Breazeale then he can pocket that money and leverage a repeat bidding war from ESPN and DAZN following his mandatory defence.

He probably sees this as risk free because I. he thinks he's going to knock Breazeale out pretty easily II. DAZN and ESPN will still be in a position where they need to bid for his services to make money from Fury or Joshua in big fights III. Because of the competition between those platforms he can reman on one/two fight deals without needing to tie himself longer term to a network. This is no doubt coupled with his sense that fighting Breazeale on Showtime (non-PPV) will raise his profile more than fighting on PPV on ESPN or in front of a comparatively small subscription base on DAZN; putting him in a still better position to bargain for big money in the Joshua/Fury fights.

Of course, the argument can sensibly be made that he already had that big money guaranteed with the rumoured DAZN offers but provided he thinks that the offer isn't going anywhere, then as long as the money from this Showtime fight is competitive he probably doesn't think he's risking anything.

It's possible that this isn't a move to avoid/frustrate the big fights longer term and might end up just leaving us with uncertainty but ultimately ending up with a one fight deal with the other platforms vs Joshua/Fury next.

Here's hoping anyway...

The bluffing and double bluffing knows no bounds. Whats clearer now tho amongst all the smoke n mirrors is that Deyonce is deffo chickenshit of AJ.

But never underestimate Uncle Bob, as old as he is, his machine now run by young guns will keep on turning and expect a few unexpected twists n turns to the HW tale as it unfolds this year.

At this point, I'm just completely out of shits to give.

As one of the earliest passengers on the Wilder hype-train, it's astounding how much this guy has let me down.

:faint:

Edited by Cableaddict

I can't be the only one who's totally disinterested in the heavyweight scene anymore?

Just a massive clusterfuck of egos, self interest obsessed promoters and just back and forth bullshit.

I'll repeat this, but add in the exception of Usyk! Everyone loves Usyk.

I'll repeat this, but add in the exception of Usyk! Everyone loves Usyk.

Usyk now added to the division, Whyte is always entertaining. Parker is doing his thing and rebuilding, Ortiz is still on the scene. Efe Ajagba is one to watch along with Daniel Dubois.

The division has life after years of being in a coma.

Edited by Cableaddict

^ Sorry, Rob, this bloody system just went into "edit" mode instead of "reply" mode, yet again.

I swear, it's not operator error! :whistle: Anyway:

Usyk now added to the division, Whyte is always entertaining. Parker is doing his thing and rebuilding, Ortiz is still on the scene. Efe Ajagba is one to watch along with Daniel Dubois.

The division has life after years of being in a coma.

Don't forget Ugonoh, who has finally gotten away from that fraud Kevin Barry. I expect he'll be making seriuos noise in the division, fairly soon.

And Fat Andy is looking pretty trim these days, by Fat Andy standards. As long as he doesn't fight in New Zealand, where he's guaranteed to be robbed, he could still do quite well in the division.

And Oscar Rivas. And Otto Wallin. - Both with enough fights in the can to be considered serious contenders now.

And don't rule out Dinu. I'm telling you, he must have been paid to go easy on "The Big Maybe."

He fights Pulev tomorrow. That will tell us a lot, obviously.

----------------------

Ajagba, for sure. Oh yes. - But he's still a prospect. Several years away from the bright lights. Same with Bakole, Rock, Franklin, Spong, Morrison... All could potentially be monsters in a few years, but even Al Haymon wouldn't have the balls to offer them a title fight this year.

Dubois rather dubious. (I couldn't help myself.) alented for sure, but I said several years ago that he was too stiff to every be a great HW. I've seen nothing lately to change my mind. The first time he faces a talented power puncher with speed, he'll likely disappear from all discussions.

Wilder is just one delusional son of a bitch, he thinks he is going to make Floyd money

He's definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

And his ego appears to be larger than all of Tuscaloosa.

Heck, he should run for president of the USA !

^ Sorry, Rob, this bloody system just went into "edit" mode instead of "reply" mode, yet again.

I swear, it's not operator error! :whistle: Anyway:

Don't forget Ugonoh, who has finally gotten away from that fraud Kevin Barry. I expect he'll be making seriuos noise in the division, fairly soon.

And Fat Andy is looking pretty trim these days, by Fat Andy standards. As long as he doesn't fight in New Zealand, where he's guaranteed to be robbed, he could still do quite well in the division.

And Oscar Rivas. And Otto Wallin. - Both with enough fights in the can to be considered serious contenders now.

And don't rule out Dinu. I'm telling you, he must have been paid to go easy on "The Big Maybe."

He fights Pulev tomorrow. That will tell us a lot, obviously.

----------------------

Ajagba, for sure. Oh yes. - But he's still a prospect. Several years away from the bright lights. Same with Bakole, Rock, Franklin, Spong, Morrison... All could potentially be monsters in a few years, but even Al Haymon wouldn't have the balls to offer them a title fight this year.

Dubois rather dubious. (I couldn't help myself.) alented for sure, but I said several years ago that he was too stiff to every be a great HW. I've seen nothing lately to change my mind. The first time he faces a talented power puncher with speed, he'll likely disappear from all discussions.

I actually sat back and considered the "lower" heavyweight scene outside of the top 3, who I have really stopped caring about.

There's plenty of competitive fights to be made, and a good array of undefeated and young prospects coming through, so it's not all doom and gloom.

I sense a lot of those records are padded, the likes of Rivas, Kownacki, Kabayal and Kuzman. Some of these may fall short if they step up to the Whyte/Parker level.

But then there's a lot of intruigue in Ajagba, Dubois & Hrgovic and then some folks see things in Gorman and Joyce though I don't see it myself.

Add to that some of the old timers in Chisora, Breazeale, Browne, Povetkin, Ortiz, Povetkin......

And then to flesh it out some, there's Hughie F and the tricky, slick Michael Hunter who's going about things nicely......

There's actual competition there, even if it's not quite the highest calibre in terms of talent.

Wilder is just one delusional son of a bitch, he thinks he is going to make Floyd money

Wilder will have a financial advisor dealing with neogating and advisising him. If it was up to him he'd probably accept that amount, but, I guess his team are trying to squeeze more out of DAZN.