Thread: Chatbox & Forum Stats Bug...

Chatbox & Forum Stats Bug...

Afternoon Bud / Mods,

Further to the chatbox discussion in the subforum I propose a suggestion of activating the shout/chat box for when there are fights happening on tv and the mods are about, as a means to have the chatbox available at times, but then also disabled enough to not stop the user posting on the forum.

I also noticed this issue happening a while back with the silly forum statistics box (which I have never liked or seen a reason to have there). But there are broken images, which in turn hides the latest post titles.

Re: Chatbox & Forum Stats Bug...

--- I've never noticed the screen abnormality you posted, but then again I seldom pay attention to that section. Could it be a typical interfacing snafu between software?
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

It's same for me. Am using Firefox.

Sometimes it works for and sometimes it doesn't. The box words fine in chrome but not firefox. Sure we had the same problem in the past with this plug-in - I'll see if theres an update for it.

Were having some issues with the news sites server just now. Once thats moved and things are running ok, I will update vbulletin.

Just tried it in Opera and it works fine, but not in the latest version of Firefox.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear Hugger For This Useful Post:

selij (04-05-2019), WSMFC64 (04-06-2019)

I'm still on FF v61.0.2 - it started to fuck up bigtime after this version for me on various sites so I rolled it back, and turned auto updating off. I like the F12, Dev-Tools console in FF, so need to stick with it really for my CLI tools for downloading. The above mentioned issues dont manifest themselves at all in my version.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to selij For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (04-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by selij View Post
    I'm still on FF v61.0.2 - it started to fuck up bigtime after this version for me on various sites so I rolled it back, and turned auto updating off. I like the F12, Dev-Tools console in FF, so need to stick with it really for my CLI tools for downloading. The above mentioned issues dont manifest themselves at all in my version.
    Ahhh, it appears this happens in Firefox which I use for viewing the forum at work. Must be a hickup with a modern update. Still annoying.

--- since I started using google chrome, near zero problems occur. Always problems with the ms and Firefox browser. I'm a happy convert.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

You must also rem lads the vbulletin software was written donkeys years ago and has had sticking plaster upon sticking plaster applied to it. We are also using an overlaid template. Its creaking at the seams but we are where we are with it. The new Invision forum software is the dogs bollocks. But it would be an 'ask' too much to migrate, not least because of the cost vs benefit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to selij For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (05-02-2019)