Bivol vs Smith jr: the big lhw fight of the month!

BoztheMadman

Re: Bivol vs Smith jr: the big lhw fight of the month!

Damn, an amazing performance by Bivol. Dat footwork....

I give Smith a lot of credit, though. He was in great shape, & never gassed. he also didn't get frustrated & reckless. he simply was outclassed by a future elite.

I wasn't 100% sure about Bivol before, but I am now. I would LOVE to see him go down & face Callum (He should just fight all the Smiths in pro boxing :laugh: ) but also the matador-bull spectacle that Beterbiev would provide. I dunno who'd win either of those bouts, but boy HOWDY !

Bivol is great to watch, he does everything well. Though you just get the feeling that he could probably gain more of a finishing instinct and go for the kill. Maybe he is still a bit cagey of being caught out in that regard.

Talk of him making SMW with a possibility of facing Callum Smith is probably unrealistic I think. Not sure why Eddie would want to put Callum up to that.

Loads of top quality fights to be made at 175 though, but as I have said in topics in the past, I put Bivol at the top of the tree.

Great performance by Bivol, against a game but overmatched in skill opponent in Joe Smith. Other than the late punch after the bell, and the MMA throw down, Dmitry looked to be coasting in there. Not sure how i feel about him moving down to 168. A lot of good match ups at 175 to be made. But if he goes down to pick off a title from someone like Callum Smith, that would be impressive.

Ran into Jack Catteral again. He's still trying to secure a showdown with Hooker. He said Mighty Mo looking for a voluntary defense of his title, before obliging to his mandatory defense.

The ref in the Callum Johnson vs Seanie Monaghan fight needs to be sat down to review tapes on when a fight should be stopped. At no point after the 2nd round should that fight have continued. Same can be said about a fight earlier in the card, that resulted in a brutal knockout.

I met Sweet Pea Whitaker. Really nice guy, signed a glove for me and everything. The bottom glove is SRL.

53735591_10216274586111701_3543189985878343680_n.jpg

--- And speaking of stereotypes, this a decent card as you can review the weighin results here:

Boxing News: Bivol, Smith, LesPierre on weight, Hooker struggles >> March 9, 2019

This the prefight presser. Notice how impressively thick and muscly Joe's neck is compared to Bivol who looks like a schoolboy in comparison.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-18-at-6.39.41-PM-660x400.png

Smith is a construction worker, Bivol is an athlete-big difference.

I met Sweet Pea Whitaker. Really nice guy, signed a glove for me and everything. The bottom glove is SRL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1059[/ATTACH]

Nice!

'Pea is the main fighter I based my style on, back in the day. I would LOVE to meat him someday.