WBC order Dillian Whyte vs Dominic Breazeale

selij

WBC order Dillian Whyte vs Dominic Breazeale

skysports-dillian-whyte-boxing_4528073.jpg?20181223011801

Dillian Whyte and Dominic Breazeale have been ordered to fight by the WBC for an interim heavyweight title.

Both Whyte and Breazeale have suffered the only defeat of their career to IBF, WBA and WBO world champion Anthony Joshua and victory for either would put them in contention for a world title shot.

The pair failed to agree terms when talks were held over a potential bout last year, but with a shot at Deontay Wilder's WBC title likely to be at stake this time around, there is plenty of motivation to make the fight.

Whyte took to his Twitter account shortly after the WBC released a statement, expressing apparent excitement at the announcement.

Joshua knocked out Whyte in December 2015, and beat Breazeale by the same method six months later, but both men have responded well to defeat.

Breazeale has strung together three victories to boast a record of 20-1-KO18, while Whyte has won on nine occasions to improve his overall record to 25-1-KO18.

skysports-dominic-breazeale_4552640.jpg?20190121114515

Source: Sky Sports

Re: WBC order Dillian Whyte vs Dominic Breazeale

Well, this is great for Whyte but not cool for Breazeale. Fury has somehow leapfrogged him to mandatory which will see Breazeale wait even longer for his shot now. That being said I'm on record stating that there is no more deserving contender in the division than The Bodysnatcher and so I'm pleased for him.

The WBC need to get their house in order, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. How did Fury replace Breazeale as mandatory after a 3 year lay-off and a fight against 2 bums on his return? Ridiculous

I think it's a great fight. Breazeale is clearly the more talented fighter, but both men suffer from sometimes not giving 100%. Whichever one of them wants it the most will likely take it, with obviously a huge title fight afterwards, which is some serious motivation.

I can't wait for this one.

The WBC need to get their house in order, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. How did Fury replace Breazeale as mandatory after a 3 year lay-off and a fight against 2 bums on his return? Ridiculous

Surely a lad of your experience knows that the WBC crown was handed from father to son Sulaiman......... :ranger:

Although this shift from the WBC is characteristically dubious, I see it as compensating for the existing anamoly of having Breazeale mandatory for Wilder despite being number 4 compared with Dillian Whyte being number 1. Although it's a nakedly self-interested move by the WBC to plunder some more sanctioning fees, it's still a good thing that this has been happened. It also looks like it's a delaying tactic by the WBC, given that the title will be tied up in Wilder-Fury fights and then (hopefully) the eventual winner vs Joshua.

I think it's a great fight. Breazeale is clearly the more talented fighter, but both men suffer from sometimes not giving 100%. Whichever one of them wants it the most will likely take it, with obviously a huge title fight afterwards, which is some serious motivation.

I can't wait for this one.

True and I really hope he wins this, for Whyte has been overrated and overranked WAY WAY TOO MUCH! I can't wait to see this madness end!