[SPOILER] Davis vs Ruiz

Ton

No mention of this fight in the weeks building up to it, maybe because it was seemingly something of a mismatch from the off, but "Tank" is a real talent.

Might not really be a spoiler, but he went in there and blasted the overmatched Ruiz out inside a round.

Nearly a year out of the ring and there was zero evidence of ring rust. Davis stalked and walked down Ruiz, finding his face and body with brilliant precision, leading left hooks an all. He's got all the shots, and the power is lethal. I think he broke the guys nose with the ending shot, which came right at the end of the round.

So this thread can really be more about Davis, where goes next, how far he could go in the sport, what weight classes could he realistically move up to and dominate, and who might actually give him a test.

There's a lot of decent opponents in the 2-3 weights around him, so he could build up quite a resume and legacy if he keeps focused and does the work in the gym. Hopefully he focuses on that and isn't distracted too much by his friendships both within and outside of boxing.

Re: Davis vs Ruiz

No mention of this fight in the weeks building up to it

Was a stand-in opponent mate. And premier'ing in the weight class too.

Recipe for disaster, will surely end in tears with the TUE mob. Broner clone and not very intelligent to boot...

$100K for a broken nose not a bad payday for Ruiz, clearly didnt 'want it' when he dropped to one knee and used it as the excuse to get back to the jacuzzi in the Hilton. There was no KO. Although will be called one bcos of the canvas-touch. It was broken earlier as explained by Reiss, not by the final punch, which was the one that put the cherry on the cake though.

Great refereeing by Reiss, even speaking to Ruiz in Spanish - over 700 fights on his resume - and fairplay too for accepting the interview with Gray - rarely seen.

--- Making vids of him drunkenly carousing with drunken Boner don't give much confidence in a long career.

Yep this makes me skeptical too!

Was a stand-in opponent mate. And premier'ing in the weight class too.

Recipe for disaster, will surely end in tears with the TUE mob. Broner clone and not very intelligent to boot...

$100K for a broken nose not a bad payday for Ruiz, clearly didnt 'want it' when he dropped to one knee and used it as the excuse to get back to the jacuzzi in the Hilton. There was no KO. Although will be called one bcos of the canvas-touch. It was broken earlier as explained by Reiss, not by the final punch, which was the one that put the cherry on the cake though.

Great refereeing by Reiss, even speaking to Ruiz in Spanish - over 700 fights on his resume - and fairplay too for accepting the interview with Gray - rarely seen.

Ahh, I didn't catch the interview segment.

Seems his Broner like mannerisms and association with those guys is the big concern for most.

Yep this makes me skeptical too!

Ahh, I didn't catch the interview segment.

Seems his Broner like mannerisms and association with those guys is the big concern for most.

He just needs a "Maidana moment" to learn some humility. It's bound to happen, and soon.

I'm OK with him being young and full of himself, as long as he doesn't grow a ridiculous, bushy beard & start flushing money down toilets.

Re:

Davis vs Ruiz

Might not really be a spoiler, but he went in there and blasted the overmatched Ruiz out inside a round

Yeah it's not. Routine defence of the title against some 126lb fighter. When's he gonna get in there with GRJ? That's what we need to see, if he likes 126lbers why not answer his call?

I heard Davis' ringwalk was epic though? I saw the fight but no ringwalks, I'm trying to hunt it down so I can watch, I heard it was fab and lasted longer than the fight

Re:

Davis vs Ruiz

Yeah it's not. Routine defence of the title against some 126lb fighter. When's he gonna get in there with GRJ? That's what we need to see, if he likes 126lbers why not answer his call?

I heard Davis' ringwalk was epic though? I saw the fight but no ringwalks, I'm trying to hunt it down so I can watch, I heard it was fab and lasted longer than the fight

Yea, he had a Michael Jackson Thriller ring walk.

Re:

Davis vs Ruiz

"Epic" isn't really what I'd call it! More of a MJ dance troupe performance while he slowly walked along to the ring. I was hoping he'd bust out some zombie moves but he didn't!

Re:

Davis vs Ruiz

"Epic" isn't really what I'd call it! More of a MJ dance troupe performance while he slowly walked along to the ring. I was hoping he'd bust out some zombie moves but he didn't!

Yeah, when I clicked on the link repsac put down I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation. What followed was disappointing to say the least. Tank just walked out as normal, Naseem Hamed wouldn't have wasted that ringwalk opportunity!