[SPOILERS] Sky Sports Card - Okolie, Garcia, Cheesman, Cash, Abolaji....

The_budweiser

Sergio Garcia vs Ted Cheeseman : European Super-Welterweight Title

Jake Ball vs Craig Richards : 10 RndsLight-Heavyweight

Felix Cash vs Rasheed Abolaji : Vacant Commonwealth Middleweight Title

Lawrence Okolie vs Tamas Lodi : 10 Rnds Cruiserweight

The O2, London , Sky Sports Arena (19:30), Sky Sports Main Event (22:00)

Add your pre and post fight thoughts here.

Re: [spoilerS] Sky Sports Card - Okolie, Garcia, Cheesman, Cash, Abolaji....

Well im definitely hoping for a LOT more from Okolie tnite! Between him and Matty in the last "fight" they hardly threw a punch. I was hoping for a cracker with the Chamberlain fight too after all the trash talk and hype. That was a washout too. If lawrence doesnt engage his opponent tnite I think I'll give up on him as being our next great hope for the future.

And Cheeseman takes far too many punches for me. He's maybe already peaked.

Piss poor card but any boxing is better than no boxing.

[h=1]Garcia vs Cheeseman weights and running order[/h]

DOORS 17:00

BOXING STARTS 17:45

4 x 3 mins Cruiserweight contest @ 13st 5lbs

DANA ZAXO 13st 1lb 8oz v TAYAR MEHMED 13st 7lbs 7oz

(Hammersmith) (Bulgaria)

Garcia vs Cheeseman weights and running order - - Boxing News - Ring News24

--- Were Cheesemans ancesters cheese makers? I dozed off too many times as neither could bust a grape, yet on boxrec they make the top 15. I'm picking Garcia to win the fight, but as to the decision, well, it's a Brit venue.

Btw, former middle champ Sergio Martinez is Garcia's promoter!

Cheeseman fought like a suicidal man - face on and guard down most of the fight - took a helluva lot of punishment. Madness. That fight will take 5 years off his life. How his supposedly intelligent corner could have witnessed and endorsed that is beyond stupidity. Way past that. He was rushed out of the arena, a 23 yr old young man traumatised - and probably straight to the Emergency Ward. Obv no post-fight interview. And Fast Eddie - on his behalf - saying he was outgunned and outclassed. Yes, the same man who had just presided over three, yes three mismatches with R1 KO's. One mismatch with a R2 KO and another 2 mismatches with R3 KO's.

For once, Coldwell and Nelson got it spot on with their post fight analysis. Cheeseman's advisors were ridiculous beyond words.

You would have had a job scoring a round to Cheeseman, maybe one and 2 judges saw it 11-1. But the ITA judge saw it 115-114 !! :nono:

Another classic fight card for the Dazn archives. (Cue cable).

I have to say a big congratulions first to Craig Richards, on the front foot from the opener and was thoroughly in control of the fight, the jab was effective and he showed us that he'll turn up when the stakes are high.

The Big Cheese was my prospect of the year pick for 2018 and even though he done near lost every round last night, he still showed me why I picked him and why he can still bounce back and kick on. But a great showing from the champion in the away corner, I was impressed with his tendency to let both hands go and the problems he gave Cheeseman with his footwork and accuracy. I'd never seen Garcia before last night but I'll be tuned in to his next defence or challenge.

I'm with Sel here, that was some beating Cheeseman took and could really have damaged himself long term. Garcia may not be a banger but he was teeing off at will at points towards the end of the fight with Cheesemans arms down by his side.

It was a cracking fight and while the scores were 1 sided, every round was still competitive. Crazy scorecard but Garcia looked decent, and has some engine on him. it was a high octane fight.

I gave Cheeseman round 8 and a share of 2 others, which was probably a bit generous.