Whyte Whooped: It's Josh vs Miller@NYC

LondonRingRules

Re: Whyte Whooped: It's Josh vs Miller@NYC

No contract drawn up yet. Pie in the sky still.

Although if it does comes into fruition, would make cable's worst streaming company on the planet (maybe even universe) be the providers of the first two marquee, gold ribbon fights of the year. Not too bad for a load of monkey ball suckers...

No contract drawn up yet. Pie in the sky still.

Although if it does comes into fruition, would make cable's worst streaming company on the planet (maybe even universe) be the providers of the first two marquee, gold ribbon fights of the year. Not too bad for a load of monkey ball suckers...

No pie in the sky. Miller ate it all.

Hearn probably assumes Wilder- Fury will go to a trilogy. Therefore, he needs to fill AJ's dance card for the entire year. Having Miller second would be anti-climactic. Plus, Miller might not survive his next opponent, which would really mess things up.

Eddie Hearn said tonight it looks like Miller vs Joshua at Madison Square Garden, but he didn't say Joshua-Whyte won't happen.

I guess he's given Whyte a deadline to agree a contract or the fights off.

Seems Whyte's been offered £5m but wants £7m. Overpriced his still growing stock. He could lose 30 hangers-on from the Brixton drugs gangs and save the £2m.

Hes sure a stranger to the salad bar :mlol:

--- Big Baby uses the salad bar as his appetizer for the savory main course, 250lbs of Josh.

June 1st as he said, she said and we said just make it happen...

Anthony Joshua's title fight vs. Jarrell Miller will land on June 1; announcement imminent - The Ring

I'm gonna go with this fight being harder than Joshua expects. I figure he has a comfortable lead, gases in the 8th and survives to the final bell. 8-4 UD for AJ.

I see it pretty similar, except I doubt Miller will "win" more than 1-2 rounds.

AJ isn't the most mobile HW, to put it mildly, but his arm defense & head movement has gotten very good in recent fights. Plus, Miller is even LESS mobile, so I can't see him trapping AJ against the ropes. Not even once.

Miller's chin is clearly made of concrete, so an AJ KO is unlikely, though I wouldn't rule it out, and would love to see it.

AJ might end up stopping Miller, but I think a LOT of folks are writing him off too easily.

I've said it time and again on here, that the engine on BBM is incredible for such a big guy! Of course we've not seen him in with a huge banger than can stop him in his tracks, but from what I have seen he keeps coming at you and doesn't stop for rest.

Some of AJs "regular" shots are hard enough to make opponents stop and think about what they are doing which allows him time to set up the big bombs, but they probably won't really hinder Miller and it'll be interesing to see how AJ copes with that pressure he will bring.

--- Bottomline is BB an unknown at this level, so I predict Josh starts defensively to counterpunch and warm into BB style.

this being NY, Josh could be wearing the ref on his back, and BB with 80 lbs on Josh could pull out some Sumo/Wwe moves on him., Whyte a bit embittered here says he won't be taken as a mug by Josh.

Hey Whytesy, you were born a mug and had a chance to prove otherwise with an epic bout at Wembley. You blew it, now go take your mug medicine.

Boxing News: Whyte: Big Baby could upset AJ >> February 15, 2019

Edited by LondonRingRules

--- Wow, Mikey Garcia favoring Big Baby, one of the brave few I suppose. I guess we'll get a test run on his prognostication against Spence.

Watch: Mikey Garcia breaks down Anthony Joshua vs. Jarrell Miller - The Ring

Yeah, but Mikey also picks Mikey over Errol, so whaddaya' gonna do?

Mikey Garcia favoring Big Baby

With this Corbyn-esque statement; Mikey has now demonstrated he is clearly not in control of his mind. His fight with Spence Jr should be stopped until he has been medically assessed. Seriously.

With this Corbyn-esque statement; Mikey has now demonstrated he is clearly not in control of his mind. His fight with Spence Jr should be stopped until he has been medically assessed. Seriously.

:haha: A serious case of self delusion or something here or what?