Tip 3 fighters who will shine in 2019

The_budweiser

Re: Tip 3 fighters who will shine in 2019

Only three? That's tough. (There are so many "tip" fighters to choose from! :laugh:)

And are we talking prospects / journeymen who are about to burst into mainstream fame, or top-ten guys who will win more belts?

---------------------------------------------------------

If the former, Tank comes quickly to mind.

I really like Caleb Plant. Been big on him for several years, and his recent domination of Uztegui just furthers that opinion.

Also, he's not a huge puncher, which means he has a better chance of getting high profile fights than many other journeymen.

I expect him to embarrass his share of top-ten guys in the next 2 years. Well, uless he has the misfortune to be matched agains Callum Smith.

I'll go WAAAY out on a limb and also pick Christopher Diaz. Yeah, he's got one loss, and it's a stacked division, but most guys in the low weight classes have at least one loss.

This kid is so controlled & patient, with blistering hand speed. Great inside fighter.

Maybe Martin Bakole, but I doubt he'll get the big fights he deserves. Way too dangerous.

Honorable mentions to CW Jai Opetaia & WW Jaron Ennis, who both look the goods, but will also probably get ducked into obscurity.

========================

Category #2?

Either Callum Smith or David Benavidez. They badly need to face each other, so I can't pick both. Gun to my head, I think Smith's skills & power will overcome Benavidez's speed and aggression, but I wouldn't put money on it. If it happens, a probable FOTY candidate.

Jermall Charlo should cement his place in boxing history this year.

#3 has to be Spence.

Not sure about Loma. I fear he may fight at too high a weight class, and start to actually look human.

He should have a spectacular 2020, though.

Edited by Cableaddict

Falling under the category of "Pick only THREE? You must be kidding!)

Jaimie Munguia

Regis Prograis

Tevin farmer (A monster in a tough division, despite some early losses. Also the goofiest looking mofo in all of boxing!)

Jared Hurd

Jaron Ennis

Jose Carlos Ramirez

Josh Taylor

Tramain Williams (The new Sweet Pea?)

Thurman

Kudura Kaneko

Marcus Browne

Oleksandr Gvozdky

Oscar Valdez (but why hasn't he fought in an entire year?

Radivoje Kalajdzic (If his people can rebuild his career after the Browne robbery)

Rashidi Ellis

Ryan Garcia (Maybe not until 2020)

Crawford, of course.

Zolani Tete

I boldly predict that most of these guys will win some fights in 2019 ! :haha:

--- Josh, Usyk, and Loma...

Usyk will probably spend he year getting his feet wet at HW. He's not likely to light any fires until 2020.

I feel the same about Loma, since almost everyone his actual size is cowering under rocks and fallen trees.

Also, I'm seriously not sure he gets past Mikey, if that fight happens.

I got no problem picking Taylor. Yowsa! - But if he faces Prograis by year's end, things might not go as planned for the lad.

Also, beating Baranchyk is likely, but it won't be easy.

Edited by Cableaddict