BBC Radio Series - The Hurricane Tapes

gavpowell

Haven't seen this posted anywhere so it may have slipped selij's net or I may just be blind.

BBC World Service is broadcasting a new 13-part series dedicated to the infamous murder case surrounding Hurricane Carter - they've got interviews with some of the detectives who investigated the case, which seems new to me, and already had one of them freely admit to beating up the star prosecution witness to improve his testimony!

BBC World Service - The Hurricane Tapes - Downloads

I'm assuming as it's BBC World , everyone will be able to access it, but if not I can upload it somewhere for you filthy foreign devils to hear.

Re: BBC Radio Series - The Hurricane Tapes

Nice one Gav. Thanks. Nah this one has good 'n proper slipped my net and I admit I dont do nearly as much 'hounding' as I used to. There is so much to do anyway, just as the norm (whoever he is), so I dont possess the inclination to seek out stuff. (And yes could be geo-restricted as a direct download (although will obv be accessible to all on the actual live World Service radio station. BBCi player certainly is geo-restricted.)

Re: BBC Radio Series - The Hurricane Tapes

--- Ace, Gav!

Story kinda Carter apex POS vs NJ Prosecutor combined apex POS.

Previewed this Murder on ye aulde CBZ forum 15 yrs ago . Ron Lipton currently a NJ ref and former Ali spar was one of those detectives who refused to buckle to injustice. He was blackballed for too many painful years, but thankfully back in the saddle again. Be an interesting autobio if he could find a writer...