Linares/Cano & Andrade/Akavov SPOILER

LondonRingRules

--- Cano dropped Linares3x and ready for the 4th, all in the 1st rd, a HUGE upset.

Andrade looked like Fluffy vs Fluffy against Akavov who got the worse in a minor butt exchange, so Mercante Jr duly stopped it as the dumbest choice available. Touted TJDoheny also got a bogus stoppage over the 14th boxrec Japanese fighter who otherwise was mullering him good.

pitiable officiating as par for boxing save for the legit Cano KO.

Par for NY officiating these days. Blame Eddie's DAZN influence?

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Linares/Cano & Andrade/Akavov SPOILER

Ran into Lou DiBella last night after the fight. He was extremely pissed at the stoppage. He said "The guy went 11.5 rounds, he deserved to finish that final minute."

As for Linares, yikes. That was heartbreaking to see.

Touted TJDoheny also got a bogus stoppage over the 14th boxrec Japanese fighter who otherwise was mullering him good.

You really thought so? I thought Doherty won every round.

In fact, I was REALLY impressed with his controlled, patient, commanding performance.

The Jap kid was game as heck, but totally outclassed.

I only watched bits of the Andrade vs Akavov fight, the stoppage looked very poor. Andrade is good but not as good as he thinks he is. BJS is meant to be next or Golovkin, can't see him beating either.

Linares has had shockers in the past, so could be a case of that. He didn't seem at the races and never got going. Age and long career a more likely factor. Great for Cano, he'd lost 3 of his last 5 going into this fight. Am sure he's gonna be getting some calls.