Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

LondonRingRules

Re: Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

Yep, kick-off presser on Tuesday.

Terence Crawford currently tops my P4P list so there won't be any suprise that I'm picking him to stop Khan.

Looks like that's it for the Brook fight too, any lingering hope surely gone now as where will Brook go? I can see Brook bowing out before the end of the year. Khan collecting an olympic medal, signing with GBP and relocating to the US for a few years has made him far more popular than Brook who's never left the country except to fight Porter. So whilst Khan has options such as to fight Crawford, Brook's looking at the likes of Liam Smith which likely wouldn't even sell out the O2.

Good fight and I can't accuse Khan of ducking Brook since he's challenging for the world title at his natural weight class, maybe he's even still planning on fighting Brook but wants even more leverage by holding a version of the world title? Either way he won't be leaving with anything but another L on his record.

Edited by Undefeated

Big kayo coming and that SHOULD be curtains for Amir. If he can still eek out big(ish) fights after another big loss, then fair play to him, but I can't see it. Who would be interested in watching him?

Agree that Brook now struggles to get anything meaningful and going by his last outing is a washed up pro these days. If he's sticking to light-middle then maybe there's a potential domestic clash with Liam Smith as mentioned above. Maybe even Ted Cheeseman or Anthony Fowler get a crack at him at some point on their ascent up the rankings. Looking at world level he gets beat by Charlo, Hurd or Munguia I suspect, though there could be something in a scrap with Lara, though I don't think it sells very well.

Sorry I forgot this thread was about Khan and Crawford :haha:

Crawford to get the easy win, then should unify belts by facing Porter and, should Spence actually have some fights (and keep winning), them two face off in a huge clash. That is if Spence's out of ring lifestyle isn't damaging.

Uncle Bob called this on for an easy payday defence for Bud. Its a win-win situation for A-Mere-Con though. Gets him out of fighting Brook for an absolute minimum of 8mths or so, for which Fast Eddie offered him £10m. He will take the £5m on the table for the Bud fight and IF he survives it intact can still take the £10m in autumn '19. Not a bad years earnings for anyone. Personally I hope Bud puts him into retirement.

--- Presumably big announcement of the fight in London this week.

A fight nobody asked for, yet here we go again. Who ya got?

Boxing News: Crawford, Khan set for "major announcement" >> January 12, 2019

Crawford kills him within 5 rounds. Maybe 6. Another murder for Khan and hopefully, a retirement after that. :ranger:

I find Khan a bit of a twat on a personal level but I can't fault his desire to test himself against the best out there. Calling him a con for going in against one of the best 2 fighters in the world is harsh to say the least.

I'd go with that, delusional more than anything, but credit to him he hasn't necessarily ducked people and chased big fights.