Charlo twins/Barclay results

LondonRingRules

--- One twin upset, the other scraping a decision over a 36 yr old faded Korobov having to make weight with 6 days notice. Fan comments disgusted with the scoring, so on the last big night of American boxing the suits unraveled yet again.

In other news, Brezeale KOed Negron as expected and called out Deyonce for their grudge match.

Boxing News: Shocker: Harrison dethrones Jermell Charlo >> December 23, 2018

Re: Charlo twins/Barclay results

What makes me crazy is that results like Charlo-Harrison always get called "controversial" and then they use THAT to hype the rematch.

But there's nothing controversial about it. Just outright corruption.

The result will never be overturned. The people who bet on Charlo will not get their money back, the judges will end up working more than ever before, and the whole stinking wheel just keeps turning.

At least this won't destroy Charlo's career, the way so many decent careers HAVE been destroyed over the years. (Hererra, et al ....)

Oh no... :noidea: you got to be kidding me?

WTF?

Well, let me give you my thoughts on both Charlo fights and it's a bit ironic. I thought Harrison lost but Korobov won. But I only had Korobov up by a round and if I scored the final round 10-8 it would have been a draw on my card but I thought Jermell CLEARLY beat Tony Harrison last night I don't know what happened here, how come all three judges had it for Harrison? That's a disgrace, undefeated record and world championship gone now because of this incompetence and/or corruption, no way he lost that fight, terrible scorecards

I was sitting with 4 friends that were from Michigan, rooting like crazy for Harrison. We kind of all agreed Tony lost by scores of 8-4 or maybe but not likely 7-5. Could it have been a draw? Hmm maybe, but i just felt Harrison gave up the 1st 3 rounds simply by not jabbing or being busy enough. Now if you score those rounds differently, i guess you could have Tony winning by the slimmest of margins. At the final bell, it seems like Charlo should've retained his title.

I had Charlo vs Korobov a draw.

What makes me crazy is that results like Charlo-Harrison always get called "controversial" and then they use THAT to hype the rematch.

But there's nothing controversial about it. Just outright corruption.

The result will never be overturned. The people who bet on Charlo will not get their money back, the judges will end up working more than ever before, and the whole stinking wheel just keeps turning.

At least this won't destroy Charlo's career, the way so many decent careers HAVE been destroyed over the years. (Hererra, et al ....)

Hang on wasn't Charlo the "home" fighter? He unbeaten, hyped man on the books of the promoter than ran the show? How does him losing make any sense in a corruption point of view?

I think that Charlo v Harrison was actually quite a close fight. I even had Tony ahead 5-4 after 9 rounds. Harrison fought a disciplined fight, his jab was really crisp (less so in the later rounds) and landed some decent counters. Charlo wasn't doing anything special to me. Nevertheless, Harrison was clipped with good shots in last rounds and as a result I had Jermell winning it 7-5. It was shocking to hear the final outcome, especially the unanimous decision.

I had Jermall winning his fight 7-5 as well. Korobov was ahead 4-0 after 4 rounds, but in the latter parts he was too passive with his work and Charlo edged almost all the other rounds for me. I only gave the 11th for the Russian. 119-108 card is crazy.

I think that Charlo v Harrison was actually quite a close fight. I even had Tony ahead 5-4 after 9 rounds. Harrison fought a disciplined fight, his jab was really crisp (less so in the later rounds) and landed some decent counters. Charlo wasn't doing anything special to me. Nevertheless, Harrison was clipped with good shots in last rounds and as a result I had Jermell winning it 7-5. It was shocking to hear the final outcome, especially the unanimous decision.

I had Jermall winning his fight 7-5 as well. Korobov was ahead 4-0 after 4 rounds, but in the latter parts he was too passive with his work and Charlo edged almost all the other rounds for me. I only gave the 11th for the Russian. 119-108 card is crazy.

This is just about exactly as I saw it also.

I've watched both brothers' fights twice now. I didnt score them officially with pen-'n-paper (or app), but the first time I watched Jermell/Harrison I thought it was a draw or close pts to Jermell. Second time I watched it I had it a convincing win for Jermell. (Just my 2c worth).