Frank Warren's shittest card ever??

Ton

So lately Frank has been having a little resurgence striking a bit of gold by landing Tyson Fury, but maybe he has put all his energy into the big man.

Been engaging in a war of words with Eddie Hearn this last week also, who himself comes under criticism for some of the poor shows/card he puts on, but this Saturday Warren has possibly the weakest show I have ever seen set for BT Sports.

I know it's Christmas approaching, so maybe it's not traditionally a busy boxing period, yet there are some bigger fights coming up next weekend, but this standard of card doesn't belong in front of the cameras surely?

Shitness from the Brentwood Centre in Essex

At the time of posting this he is still listed but Daniel Dubois has had to pull out of his fight due to the flu, which weakens it even more so! :haha:

Re: Frank Warren's shittest card ever??

Frank Warren's shittest card ever??

Debate-able - if we scratched the surface hard enough we could probably find a few worse. :haha:

BUT this was being promoted/billed as Dubois-Cojanu on espn+ too - still there atm on their sched, but they are notoriously sloooow at updating their scheds, so this may disappear completely from espn+ now (?)

Who the fuck wants to see Sunny Edwards vs Junior Granados and Bradley Skeet vs TBA in the States :noidea:

Dubois fight confirmed as offski now...

Source

Debate-able - if we scratched the surface hard enough we could probably find a few worse. :haha:

BUT this was being promoted/billed as Dubois-Cojanu on espn+ too - still there atm on their sched, but they are notoriously sloooow at updating their scheds, so this may disappear completely from espn+ now (?)

Who the fuck wants to see Sunny Edwards vs Junior Granados and Bradley Skeet vs TBA in the States :noidea:

Dubois fight confirmed as offski now...

Source

I konow there's bound to be "weaker" cards at somepoint, but generally the ones that make it to TV generally have somewhat of a "name" or attraction on there.

This one never had!! Dubois is never a headliner.

Anyway I think I saw a comment on Twitter regarding Warrens/BoxNations deal to have fights on BT (might already be near 2 years) and if that contract was coming to an end, its just filler to get in the number of events promised?? I dunno.

Warren's Gary Corcoran v Danny Bulter card from 2016 was so bad, that even BoxNation dropped it and it went untelevised :lol:

Box Nation had better card yesterday. Just stupid, why even pay that dude from Argentina to fly over to manufacture "Ratings" with that stupid WBO International belt, when You have 15 better fighters on local scene that You could get for less and You'd have solid trade-fight type match?

I wonder if it has something to do with Frank going bankrupt? Maybe that's how his shows look when He can't be losing money on them?

Well in a glorious twist the Argentine came and clobbered Skeete into submission!!!

I'd say that's some sweet justice for Warren putting this joke of a card on cable TV, but that'd be harsh on Skeete. A nice, likeable guy but I don't think he has ever been anything like even European level, and for a little while back he seemed to be well managed and got a nice few wins and payday going.

That was satisfying to watch - Ton!

Not because I dislike Skeete, but because I don't like how promoters - and Warren is notorious for that - treat those fighters from countries like Argentina. He knows They don't get paid much locally, so You can call them up on 1 week notice and You know They can't afford to pass on the payday. That's disgusing imo, part of the sport that I really can't stand.

Recently guys like Juan Carlos Paz and Horacio Cabral were brought in last minute and You can see that They couldn't afford to fight at their regular pace. They are handicaped and put in position where all They can do is try to hang in there and maybe land something and get lucky... and then WBO in particular with Frank - will give Brits top 10 ratings for beating handicaped guys like that because it looks like decent fight on paper when You get guy with winning 20-something wins 2-3 losses type of records.

For that reason I loved how California's commission didn't sanction Anthony Yarde's fight with some bloke They brought in with 3 days notice and Frank's rage put a smile on my face. That little upset here also made me smile, was happy for that guy. He clearly wasn't very good, but hey - He landed one!

It's crazy that Skeete was on the verge of title shot in division like Welterweight. Again, part of the sport I dislike. Warren has his relationship with WBO that is shady as hell and He gets them in ratings without testing them. Just brings some journeymen level with decent record... in most cases, like I already mentioned - without even giving them full camp... and some legit contenders who don't have the same push with organisations are being sidetracked. Complete bullshit.

- Why the hell is Anthony Yarde WBO's number 1 when He hasn't even fought anyone who's decent domestic level?

- Carl Frampton wasn't even ranked in top 10 before He signed with Frank - and They made him Interim WBO champion in second fight with Frank (I kept track of the ratings - as it was so predictable..)

Anyway, rant over guys ;).

You're right about all thay man! It has been renamed the Warren Boxing Organisation in UK boxing circles for a reason!!

It has paid off quite often for Warren fighters who were mostly quite limited, well managed and then managing to pick up the WBO strap. Fighters like Jonny Nelson, Gavin Rees, Enzo Mac, Nicky Cook, Nathan Cleverley and in more recent years fighters like Terry Flanagan and Liam Smith,