[SPOILERS] Canelo vs Fielding just a DAZN marketing ploy?

LondonRingRules

--- Loaded in the Queue for this Saturday, and many dismiss the fight as a mismatched publicity stunt to simultaneously boost the stock of Canelo and DAZN.

Also either WBA and/or Canelo concocted a 10 lb rehydration fight morning weighin limit, after which a more complete rehydration commences over the remaining 12+ hrs. I personally think Canelo will struggle early with the size and strength of Rocky who is no fainting goat, net result being Canelo haters will squeal in glee and lovers will see him tested in a really tough fight.

At any rate, me got DAZN and will be there testing out if they can carry the huge influx interested in this fight, a classic great little man vs good big man.

Could we see Canelo in Wembley against Callum next if he prevails? He seems to have wanted to tick all the boxes of boxing port of calls.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Canelo vs Fielding just a DAZN marketing ploy?

--- Not quite the kiss of death a unanimous Ring expert endorsement, espn all picked Canelo by KO, usually via body shot.

Tallish Chavez Jr went the distance, so I wouldn't discount that possibility, so what do KO experts say?

Rocky Fielding-Canelo Alvarez predictions

That height difference I have seen in the face to face is crazy. Fielding is just an Okay boxer though and you can guess that he will wilt under the Canelo body shot barrage.

--- Serious Oopsie here when the best fight on the card Lemieux vs Toureno Johnson cancelled when Lemy was hospitalized for dehydration.

Lemy, time to save your life and move to 168...seriously...

Boxing News: Lemieux-Johnson clash canceled >> December 14, 2018

Meanwhile, Rocky and Canelo easily made under 168...

--- Serious Oopsie here when the best fight on the card Lemieux vs Toureno Johnson cancelled when Lemy was hospitalized for dehydration.

Lemy, time to save your life and move to 168...seriously...

Boxing News: Lemieux-Johnson clash canceled >> December 14, 2018

Jeez, they already lost Beterbiev - This card has disintegrated.

--- The sub 60 boxrec reanked Lamont Roach won a UD over sub 120 ranked Alberto Mercado in a snoozer.

Roach has been getting some press of late but lucky he was the homey, otherwise he would have lost. Neither could crack an egg with a sledge hammer.

Katie Taylor in the queue generates more excitement than these two, but I'm passing on this fight since I'll never watch women's boxing thigh I do admire a couple...

--- I see Katie won a UD, but WOW, Ryan Garcia just KOed 120 ranked Garcia who was a poor mans Emanuel Augustus pain to fight.

CBZ icon Ron Lipton was the ref after a couple of decades being frozen out of boxing because of his truthful testimony in the 60s Middleweight contender Hurricane Carter murder inquiry. Ron never turned pro but was a regular sparring partner for Ali, so glad to see him back in the saddle.

--- Mauricio Herrera closing in on 40 and over a year layoff above his best weight pretty much owned Sadam Ali, but of course Ali won wide. More importantly Ali almost punched himself out of the the ring at the final bell!

Typically sad commentary exposed when Ali's team blasted him for always backing up against a weaker fighter.

Only in boxing, but Josh seen roaming around to rouse up any Brit fans there for Fielding!

--- Toe to toe slugfest Farmer vs Fonseco. Impossible to score, but of course the judges gave it wide to Farmer who certainly made a good argument, but punch monkey numbers were a joke.

Still, great fight of heart and I hope to see Fonseco earn some respect...

--- Toe to toe slugfest Farmer vs Fonseco. Impossible to score, but of course the judges gave it wide to Farmer who certainly made a good argument, but punch monkey numbers were a joke.

What's that you say? Corruption in boxing?

I don't believe it !

--- Bit disappointed with Rocky. Know Brits tend to show weak to the body, but that was too easy. 4 KDs in three rds and the ref stops.

Stage fright?

He also didn't throw a single meaningful punch. Literally not ONE.

Draw your own conclusions .......

--- Bit disappointed with Rocky. Know Brits tend to show weak to the body, but that was too easy. 4 KDs in three rds and the ref stops.

Stage fright?

More like "Rocky" was a pantomime performer turning up to the set of The Godfather. Had no business being there really.

That height difference I have seen in the face to face is crazy. Fielding is just an Okay boxer though and you can guess that he will wilt under the Canelo body shot barrage.

:ranger:

Re: [spoilerS] Canelo vs Fielding just a DAZN marketing ploy?

Quite enjoyed the card and seeing prospects like Lamont Roach and Ryan Garcia. Katie Taylor looked great. Tevin Farmer fight was decent enough. Sadam Ali looked gunshy. Main Event was a complete mismatch.

Canelo has a long and lucrative contract with DAZN, let's see how tough his matchmaking gets, if at all. He's a Great signing for the channel.