End of an Era - HBO Boxing's final farewell

WelshDevilRob

Re: End of an Era - HBO Boxing's final farewell

Simply, the best. I will miss their shows immensely.

There's a very similar thread to this and I already said the 24/7 series narrated by Liev Schreiber, of which I have the complete collection, retain a special place in my collection and heart.

And Jim's 'Final Word' after the Manny fight is my favorite and probably his best.

--- No Problem. Nobody speaking ill of the dead and dying.

I'll miss Big George and Merchant, the only two capable of shutting up long enough to let the fight unfold without annoyance. They also had the greatest respect for the fighters with a R.I.P for Manny Steward.

Very sad that HBO boxing has come to an end. Have so many fond memories of HBO fights where the story and drama of the fight was enriched and enhanced through the HBO lens. Real shame that the farewell itself was a low key event that flew under the radar rather than one last major event.

Real shame that the farewell itself was a low key event that flew under the radar rather than one last major event.

Never mind low key. Shocking that the finalé was also two thirds 'female' boxing.

They sure did a great job in days past, and it really makes you feel old to see it end.

At the same time, in recent years the HBO nut-hugging for the "house" fighter was often so bad, I had to turn off the audio in order to enjoy the fight.

I won't miss that at all.