Dillian Whyte beats Wilder and Fury

WelshDevilRob

Re: Dillian Whyte beats Wilder and Fury

--- Punch monkey stats is it now?

Kid Fury mullered the undefeated Chisora before KTFO him the 2nd go round. Whyte lite ain't cuttin' it, but I reckon he brings 50-50 heat on Wildy, but Whyte may well be KOed yet again in the Josh rematch. But can he clear Chisora clean, the only fight that matters in the here and now?

Wilder has regressed so much in the last few years, I'd place a bet on Harrison, if they ever had a rematch.

So, yeah, Whyte with his inside-pressure might do well.

But Fury? C'mon.

Whyte doesn't have anywhere near the footwork or ring generalship to land on The Big Duf- say, I have to stop calling him that now.

Maybe we should call him "Sugar T." :haha:

Oh nonononono! You got it totally wrong there Rob. :nono: Whyte is rather mediocre, nothing is special about him except maybe power. Sure he's become a rather disciplined fighter but nothing makes up for the lack of real boxing skills or defense. Parker got to him easily when he decided to. He isn't beating either of these guys but is getting a painful lesson, punching one from Wilder and boxing one from Fury.

Whyte's stock seems to grow and grow with each week for some bizarre reason, starting from when he found himself on his back vs Joshua.

I don't see him as much more than a game puncher, who has heart and will keep coming, but he isn't graceful nor does he do anythin textbook. Think his will and grit won him the Parker fight, and he might provide an obstacle for Wilder for a while, but I'd expect he'd get clobbered.

Fury would toy with him for 12 rounds.

He should blast through Chisora though, who I have no idea how he is still relevent at all.

Spot on Robster for a 01:50am post :thumb:

Im prob in the minority here too, but I see Whyte as a great improver and I can even see him beating AJ in a rematch on current form, as well as One-Trick-Wilder and Fury. The massive problem with Whyte is he wont leave the street, can still be seen around Electric Avenue chicken takeaways posing in Bentleys at 4am, and places he shouldnt be occupying I am told by my door contacts. (Failed drug dealer/gangster but half-decent boxer). If he can get himself away to US or somewhere detatched from the Brixton streets he could be something so much better. But it probably means more to his childish mentality to be a big fish in a little pond and then realise its all over when its too late.

Spot on Robster for a 01:50am post :thumb:

Im prob in the minority here too, but I see Whyte as a great improver and I can even see him beating AJ in a rematch on current form, as well as One-Trick-Wilder and Fury. The massive problem with Whyte is he wont leave the street, can still be seen around Electric Avenue chicken takeaways posing in Bentleys at 4am, and places he shouldnt be occupying I am told by my door contacts. (Failed drug dealer/gangster but half-decent boxer). If he can get himself away to US or somewhere detatched from the Brixton streets he could be something so much better. But it probably means more to his childish mentality to be a big fish in a little pond and then realise its all over when its too late.

But that's the thing, Whyte's head s probably not really in the game the way it needs to be, at elite level.

If you remember, before the AJ fight I thought Whyte had a very decent chance. He had in the past shown spurts of very high output & aggression, and he has enough power to be an effective accumulation puncher. Passable defense, as well. His biggest handicap appeared to be gassing, due to always being out of shape.

Well, he got the chance of a lifetime against AJ, and did he show up in that ring at 110%? Not even close. He was the same old, out of shape Whyte. He looked good for a few rounds, and then just lost it, giving AJ an easy win.

I don't think he's ever going to change, even though he HAS seemingly improved his technique a bit since then.

Im prob in the minority here too, but I see Whyte as a great improver and I can even see him beating AJ in a rematch on current form.....

I think it's fair to say Whyte has improved since the first AJ fight but it still doesn't make him anything like an accomplished boxer. He's still crude, and at times wild and very susceptible to being caught. He was pretty lucky in the Parker fight he managed to weather that final round for instance.

But also as you allude to, his attitude doesn't seem to be fully there.

--- Punch monkey stats is it now?

Kid Fury mullered the undefeated Chisora before KTFO him the 2nd go round. Whyte lite ain't cuttin' it, but I reckon he brings 50-50 heat on Wildy, but Whyte may well be KOed yet again in the Josh rematch. But can he clear Chisora clean, the only fight that matters in the here and now?

Chisora has found God. Sounds good and could mean he turns up fully focused. Though he said one of the signs from God, was for him to work with David Haye cos Haye kept popping in his head. Might not be a sign from God but a sign of too many punches in the head. :haha: