Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

selij

Re: Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

Fun fight, but holy shit so much incompetence when it comes to the ref and the judges.

Referee Michael Griffin misses a knockdown by both fighters during the contest, and 2 of the judges had Stevenson up on their card at the time of the stoppage. How?

The fight was in Montreal-nuff said. :ranger:

Lets all wish Superman well please lads. He's been a great champion since 2013 and despite some faults in his younger personal life, he's still a boxing brother. There are plenty of worse characters than him in boxing.

Lets all wish Superman well please lads. He's been a great champion since 2013 and despite some faults in his younger personal life, he's still a boxing brother. There are plenty of worse characters than him in boxing.

Sorry, but I really cannot wish him well. Some things are unforgivable.

Some things are unforgivable.

Who are you then, God? If you were in my personal situation you would realise life is too short to wish other humans any ill.

You are entitled to your opinion though, Cable. And I too find some of the things he did in his life deplorable - but its nothing worse than Mike Tyson has done, and no one wishes him dead.

Lets get :btt:

Who are you then, God? If you were in my personal situation you would realise life is too short to wish other humans any ill.

You are entitled to your opinion though, Cable. And I too find some of the things he did in his life deplorable - but its nothing worse than Mike Tyson has done, and no one wishes him dead.

Lets get :btt:

I don't think anybody here wishes him dead...do you? I hope he makes full recovery. Naturally.

--- induced coma upgrades his condition to stable as a prep for an impending operation if he can maintain that stability as I read it.

Boxing News: Adonis Stevenson Update >> December 2, 2018

Few more deplorable in life than Bin Laden, but I wasn't raised to celebrate someone's death or incapacitation, so on that note I will always deplore the Deyonce's of the boxing community blathering about literally killing an overmatched opponent. What Stevenson did in his personal life was worse than deplorable, so I wish him a speedy recovery and retirement of reflection of his role in this world where all are guaranteed the final curtain.

Hoping he makes a full recovery. Stamina wasn't there and understandable at his age but still a dangerous man with his power, hence why Gvozdyk made sure he didn't stay still long enough to take it.

On his past, wasn't good but we've all made mistakes and had regrets. At different levels. I certainly don't wish the man ill and hope he recovers. The biggest disappointment was that he never cracked Carl Froch on the nose.

• 2 weeks later...

--- In spite of reports Adonis was cognizant, he still remains in a coma on mechanical respiration.

My bro went into an unexplained coma on his 47th birthday for about a month. I was there every day holding his limp hand and talking to him. He came to with no intellectual damage, but passed in his sleep 2 years later. He was a brittle diabetic and heavy drinker that played a role.

Adonis coma quite a bit different, so we shall see. Israeli PM Ariel Sharon was in a coma after a stroke for near 10 yrs before passing, so the timeline in these things is unpredictable...

Boxing News: Adonis Stevenson Update >> December 21, 2018

--- In spite of reports Adonis was cognizant, he still remains in a coma on mechanical respiration.

My bro went into an unexplained coma on his 47th birthday for about a month. I was there every day holding his limp hand and talking to him. He came to with no intellectual damage, but passed in his sleep 2 years later. He was a brittle diabetic and heavy drinker that played a role.

Adonis coma quite a bit different, so we shall see. Israeli PM Ariel Sharon was in a coma after a stroke for near 10 yrs before passing, so the timeline in these things is unpredictable...

Boxing News: Adonis Stevenson Update >> December 21, 2018

His girlfriend reportedly released the report that he's actually awake.

Boxer Adonis Stevenson regains consciousness, says girlfriend | CBC Sports

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Adonis Stevenson Continues Hard Road To Recovery, Says Fiance

adonis-stevenson_3.jpg

Sisi, the fiance of former WBC light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson, said that there is no guarantee of a total recovery for the boxer - but every day she is surprised and realizes why Adonis is called 'Superman'.

On December 1 in Canada, Stevenson was brutally knocked out by mandatory challenger Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

After the fight, Stevenson began to have physical issues and he felt very dizzy in his dressing room. He was taken to the hospital and it was discovered that he suffered a severe brain bleed.

He was placed in a medically induced coma to relieve the swelling. After three weeks, Stevenson regained consciousness.

Stevenson was recently moved to a new medical facility to continue his recovery.

"We're finally in Montreal, and here he's going to continue his recovery after more than two months in Quebec. I think now I've realized why he's been called 'Superman.' A few weeks ago he was in a coma after a brain injury and today he is taking his body to the limit to recover in the best way," Sisi said to ESPN Deportes.

"The doctors are not singing victory and neither am I. Adonis is in the fight of his life and he is winning day by day. The fact of having been an athlete, not consuming alcohol, not using drugs, has definitely helped him. But what we do have is hope that he will continue to recover as he's been doing until now. We do not know if he will be a hundred percent, but every day there is progress, and that is a victory."

Adonis was transferred from Quebec to Montreal because there is a lower amount of risk in his current medical state. Little by little he's regaining the motor activity in his body - he walks, he speaks. It is a different challenge that he is going through. Apparently the most serious phase has already passed, but they are still at a fundamental stage of recovery.

"For Adonis this is a new life, he's coming back from a brain injury and it is the doctors telling us that it is too early to make predictions, but this is a struggle and thanks to the good energy, the prayers, the good wishes of the entire world that he's encouraged to continue fighting, and there have been difficult times, so thanks to all those people who have prayed for Adonis, that has touched his heart and also the whole family, so thank you," said Sisi.

Edited by WSMFC64

• 2 months later...

Adonis Stevenson is happily enjoying life with his family after making what seems to be a remarkable recovery from serious injuries.

stevenson-family.jpg

‘Superman’ proved to be a fitting moniker for the former WBC light-heavyweight champion. Stevenson can now enjoy the rest of his days after overcoming a situation which could have ended much worse.

Stevenson was battered and stopped by Oleksandr Gvozdyk when losing his green and gold belt. For some time thereafter, there was a harrowing concern for his full recovery.

After a spate of much-talked-about permanent and lethal happenings in the sport, Stevenson can count himself one of the lucky ones.

With his career now firmly over, the 41 year-old is able to look back with pride over his successful reign as a world title holder.

Sharing images on social media, World Boxing Council President and good friend of Stevenson, Mauricio Sulaiman said the following:

“(Here is) Adonis Stevenson with his beautiful family. Sisi God (girlfriend) and Adonia (daughter). Life is beautiful,” said Sulaiman.

“The love and dedication that Sisi has given our dear champion Adonis is proof of God’s miracle to have him back home,” he added.

Fans around the world then offered their thoughts on Stevenson’s remarkable comeback.

COMMENTS

One said: “Great news! As you’ve said, (Mauricio Sulaiman) life is beautiful. God bless Adonis Stevenson and his family.”

Another stated: “Glad to see the champ continuing to progress greatly on his road to recovery! God’s healing power is truly miraculous. Awesome to see and experience!

Furthermore, a final comment read: “Glad he’s doing better now. God Bless his family. Stay away from boxing. Don’t even watch it again.

“God Blessed your family and be grateful for your life. My prayers go out to you and your family.”

It was a long two-month process for Stevenson as he learned to walk and talk again by February. The full extent of Stevenson’s ongoing mobility hasn’t been divulged by his representatives.

One thing is for sure, Stevenson looks in good health. That’s considering what he’s been through after leaving the sport on the back of just a second loss in 32 fights.

Stevenson also had 29 wins and one draw on his record.