Wilder vs Fury - this weekend - Who Wins?

WelshDevilRob

It's the week of the big Heavyweight fight, at Staples Center, Los Angeles . Not sold-out yet but still some time to go. December 1st, who wins?

WBC Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) defends against the lineal (claiming) Champion Tyson Fury (27-0, 19 KOs).

The referee will ve Jack Reiss. Judges: Alejandro Rochin, Robert Tapper, Phil Edwards.

Who wins and Why?

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Wilder vs Fury - this weekend - Who Wins?

--- Reiss as dirty a ref as exists today. See Ward vs Kessler or Wilder vs Duhappas as a few examples neutering the traveling fighter.

Here Tyson takes to the streets for an informal poll of Deyonce awareness in downtown LA. Apparently Tyson the only one promoting the fight as the suits want to keep their dirty biz undercover. Funny stuff, but really, this a fight of unknowns.

Tyson not a TBA short notice fighter like Wildy's previous 40 wins, but we don't know if he's recovered his mojo yet. Clowning and looking off balance in his previous 2 comebacks bodes ill especially as he looked as weak as a newborn kitty.

Ring "expert duffers" has it 13-8-1 for Deyonce, hilarious given the additional unknown quality of Deyonce.

I'm picking Fury to regain a semblance of previous form to frustrate the poor dear, but I wouldn't bet a nickel I found in the street on the result.

Picking Josh to do a number on either, the only fight that really counts for anything...

Wilder's gonna' take the big dufus out in 2-3 rounds. 5 on the outside.

Fury can dance all he wants, but he was wide open many times against Wlad, and he'll again be wide open against Wilder.

The difference is, Wilder closes distance much faster than Wlad ever did. - MUCH faster.

And Wilder has a great uppercut, and a "passable" overall inside game. Wlad had no inside game at all.

Plus, Wilder won't be laying down the way Wlad did. He's not looking for an easy trilogy to end his career.

Anyone who genuinely thinks Fury has a decent chance should probably find another sport to watch.

Curling, maybe. Or women's synchronized swimming.

Edited by Cableaddict

A lot of fuss is being made about Fury getting back into "decent" shape, or basically his usual fighting shape, which was never really trim.

Too much time out, comeback "fights" against no-hopers, it's best to think as I did back when this was announced that Fury (and Frank Warren) is "cashing out" somewhat and going all in with the Wilder fight.

My gut instinct has always been that Wilder WILL land one of those shots, and Fury has been down a fair bit before, but never been hit with anything like what Wilder brings.

I don't see a boxing masterclass that people make out Fury is capable of (ala like vs Klitschko). He might frustrate Wilder a bit to start, providing Wilder isn't so wound up and fights to a plan, but you have to wager that a bomb will land before the 12 rounds are out.

My bet would be Wilder stoppage within 9 complete rounds, which is around 3.5/1 with the bookies.

What interests me is what happens when Fury tries to rough Wilder up.. I think we might see a sloppy - but hard fought battle in close and it will be interesting to see if one or the other can separate himself in that scenario?

I think it will be good fight, with Fury edging some ugly rounds - but Wilder landing eye-catching shots. I see a decision Wilder, but obviously - wouldn't bank on it.

There's no question that's what Fury's game plan will be. It's his only chance. If he can survive Wilder's jab and get inside enough times, who knows?

Part of this will come down to the ref. Will he let Fury clinch? Will he let Fury use illegal tactics like he did against Cunningham?

It seems likely that the ref will either be neutral or on Wilder's side, so I'm not sweating this.

Edited by Cableaddict

It' a coin toss for me - too many unknowns. The world seems to have decided Fury is a great boxer since he beat Wlad, whereas I have always felt he's nothing special, it's just Wlad did nothing at all that night. But Wilder can't box worth a damn, so maybe Fury can do enough to win. Fury's always had a suspect chin but a strong heart to get off the deck, but Wilder's power is scary when he lands properly, and I can't see Fury taking many of those.

I can't wait to find out on Saturday, but I'm concerned Fury's attitude is similar to Parker and he's just happy to be there.

EDIT: Of course, the referee is a big factor too - will he keep them at distance or allow inside work? Will he step in to save Wilder like against Ortiz?

Edited by gavpowell

I think Wilders general boxing gets really overlooked because of his raw power, and just the erratic way he throws them bombs. But he can fight behind a jab to work his way in for the concussive shots.

I'm not convinced Fury will be anywhere near that level he was at for Klitschko, which as Gav alluded to wasn't even all that much anyway, Wlad simply didn't throw.

--- Reiss was hired because he's an expert in propping up the promoters money fighter.

Fury did come to NY without his trainer to ko Cunningham, and mullered Wlad in Germany, so it's an inherent fighting instinct in him he whips up when the odds are against him that makes him so dangerous to fight.

Looks like Haymon is relying solely on this fight to generate revenue. The undercard is miserable with this title fight against the boxrec # 6, a soft Brit knocked out by a Gavin body shot of all things!

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/342048

Going back and forth on this one. When it was first made I thought it was a mismatch, given the evidence from Fury's last two fights. The closer it gets the more I find myself reminded of the sheer amatuerishness of some of Wilder's victories against solid but fringe contenders. But then again, Wilder has always got 'get out of jail' fight-ending power, and there's a decent chance that Wilder lands that straight right down the pipe on even a prime Fury. A bit of me feels like I might be being sold a load of hype to even think Fury is going to be competitive but, as of now, I really think there's a chance Fury walks Wilder on to something down the stretch. Stil, if I was pushed to go one way or the other I'd probably say Wilder KO/TKO in the second half of the fight. Most of us have been wrong about Fury before though...

• Like 1

This isn't competitive for my money, I'm not one of those who thinks Fury is Ali because he fiddled his way to victory in Dussledorf, he's fought no one before or since and I had Klitschko nicking it anyway. McDermott beat Fury, Cunningham put him on his backside, he couldn't get Pianeta out of there but a washed up Kevin Johnson could less than 12 months prior. If Fury wins this fight and it's not a technical decision or a retirement or DQ, I'm gonna have to re-evaluate my whole life.

Everything says Wilder here, people say Wilder can't box but he won a decision over Bermane Stiverne, despite the rematch lasting less than 1 round that was the fight where I understood that Wilder could box well too, if that sounds crazy pull the tape and have another watch of the fight.

Bronze Bomber by KO or TKO.

I thought I'd make some quick easy cash this weekend, by finding a few casuals who though Fury actually had a chance.

Sadly, I searched sports bar after sports bar, but couldn't find a single person that dumb.

Heck, I even asked some Trump voters!

Nothin'.

Nada .........

----------------------------

To quote that great philosopher Michaelangelo Tysonoleus:

"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Edited by Cableaddict

Per the California State Athletic Commission, purses for Saturday’s Wilder-Fury card: Deontay Wilder $4 million, Tyson Fury $3 million (both stand to earn millions more from their percentage of the profits from the event); Jarrett Hurd $1 million, Jason Welborn $30,000; Luis Ortiz $375,000, Travis Kauffman $125,000; Joe Joyce $40,000, Joe Hanks $50,000; Carlos Licona $30,000, Mark Anthony Barriga $25,000; Julian Williams $30,000, Francisco Javier Castro $2,500; Jessie Rodriguez $7,000, Josue Morales $6,000; Chris Arreola $25,000, Maurenzo Smith $16,000; Robert Guerrero $25,000, Adam Mate $2,500; Isaac Lowe $5,000, Lucas Rafael Baez $2,500. Anthony Yarde and Alfredo Angulo are off the show because opponents could not be secured.

The Bronze Blunder gets the gift of the yea- decade.

Well, that's it. I'm officially no longer a Wilder fan.

What an ass-fuckingly stupid fight plan he had. Almost no jab. No body work. No straight right hand.

And what's with Jay Deas? In the final rounds, he didn't even tell Wilder he was way behind. Wilder literally coasted through the final 20 seconds, when without question he had lost the fight.

I'm just dumbfounded. It was fun supporting the guy on the way up, but the circus has left town & only the clowns remain.

I had it 114-112 for Fury. 115-111 for Wilder is a crappy card, but draw is excusable. Big credit for Jack Reiss as I wouldn't held it against him if he stopped it in the final round. Fury looked absolutely out of the place on the canvas. Fury obviously dominated most of the fight, but I think that he lost 3 out of last 4, including two 10-8 rounds. 2nd and 4th round also could've been scored for "Bronze Bomber". Wilder proved his power, but technically is no competition for "Gypsy King". He still found holes in Fury's defence, though. Wonderful fight and this last round was surely a moment of the year.