KOBoxingForum Users' Scorecards

Ton

So as recommended by the good man Selij, I'll create this thread instead of resurrecting the "Use of Technology" thread.

It would be good for our forum regulars to post up their scorecards here for the fights they watch, and ideally use the Fight-Score.com website I have created on the back of the discussions in the thread above.

For those unaware of the website or can't be arsed to read through the above thread (It is a long one!!) the concept is simple. As well as simply scoring each round, you also have to select a reason the scores are given from a list of viable options of why the round may have been won. This is a set list of reasons that are selectable, not simply a comments box. It's that simple.

There is a good reason for this small, but useful addition. As well as giving some extra clarity of what people are seeing as they watch a fight, it also provides added data which can be broken down into round by round analysis, featuring in-depth statistics using graphs. See below.

nVm2ypq.png?1

The more users to the platform we can get the better and more powerful the fight analysis feature will become, but ultimately this idea could be adopted if it gained enough traction and the many boxing judging controversies we witness can be made more clearer with such a concept in place (though it wouldn't stop bad judging from occuring).

More features include Twitter integration, post your live scorecard url so others will see your card update as you add scores, option to add comments on rounds if needed or you want to add more details

This weekend features the huge Wilder vs Fury bout, and while it may not last all that long, it would be a great time to get more users from here to sign up and score the fight, and lead the way for more fight fans to join in the long run.

https://fight-score.com

Re: KOBoxingForum Users' Scorecards

--- Indeed, ""Use of Technology"" thread imperative in understanding how we got to sticky.

In the meantime, in your contemplation of altering the site name because of a rogue clone, might I suggest FightNite Scorecards to get the ball rolling? Perhaps others might wish to chime in.

--- Indeed, ""Use of Technology"" thread imperative in understanding how we got to sticky.

In the meantime, in your contemplation of altering the site name because of a rogue clone, might I suggest FightNite Scorecards to get the ball rolling? Perhaps others might wish to chime in.

I like that name suggestion, Bobby! Keeps the "FS" which is useful for branding, but might stick to the regular "night" spelling. Perfect though, thanks!

Will look into buying a domain of the same name also, but to avoid huge ballache, just redirect it to the existing one.

I went with a re-name of "Fightnight Scores". A nice compromise, fits well in the header, not much needed in terms of changing branding, can still use "FS" for instance for the favicon.

Cheers, Bobby.

Wilder vs Fury

I had it 112 - 114 for Fury. Not sure how anyone could have scored it for Wilder, but there were case for a draw.

How did you all score it?

8-4 also but I gave Fury rounds 1-4,7-8,10-11 and Wilder the rest.

I've now registered for FS and look forward to creating my first FS scorecard with Lomachenko vs Pedraza this weekend.

--- One of The Ring fluffs has weighed in on the scoring dilemma in a fight few are complaining about.

Nary a single original observation, but Fat WBC Jose weighs in with at least a limited agenda to improve scoring. I like open scoring since near every sport I know of has scores posted at every interval for the public and competitors to know.

Commentary: Fix the broken system of judging - The Ring

Needs more journalist / writer, high profile ones, to get behind these kinds of calls and push for some kind of change to anythng to likely come of it.

Mr Woods just he other day liked one of my comments in response to an exchange of fight fans discussing the weekends action/scoring.

Liking the post and having said person see the concept in action and champion it are a different thing altogether though!

Wilder vs Fury

I had it 112 - 114 for Fury. Not sure how anyone could have scored it for Wilder, but there were case for a draw.

GC9trjn.png?1

How did you all score it?

Same as you mate. :thumb: I think Wilder might have not even won 4 rounds, but those rounds were up for grabs and he landed the bigger shots while Fury just boxed.

Same as you mate. :thumb: I think Wilder might have not even won 4 rounds, but those rounds were up for grabs and he landed the bigger shots while Fury just boxed.

Good man Boz, you need to get back on to the site and create some scorecards man :thumb:

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if official boxing scorecards are put anywhere online for general public eyes?

Often after the big fights or a controversy, boxing media seems to have access to the scorecards and they are put up onto social media for all to see.

IF they were publically available there's some preetty cool additional features I can add into the fight-score.com website.

--- The scorecards posted by the media are actually 2nd hand compilations of the judges scorecards. At minimum you would have three cards, now for each judge, but boxing won't let the public see this grade school scratchings lest their collective stupidity be further exposed.

So, those three added to the 30 individual rds scored in a 10 rd fight that they often collect during the rest period depending on what the scoring rules are for the fight, they'd have 33 cards to shuffle around at the end of the fight, just short of a full deck, an apt metaphor for those idiots.

And even in that 2nd hand compilations they make mistakes that can be plainly seen. Just get your site going good and I'm sure we could get some interesting stat revelations. 'Pologies for being absent of late, but the few fights I scored have been no brainers like Fielding/Canelo. Gonna try to log on soon, but as I recall, it seems a difficult site to log on to. Next epic fight is Mikey vs Spence, but that could end up like Canelo/Fielding

--- The scorecards posted by the media are actually 2nd hand compilations of the judges scorecards. At minimum you would have three cards, now for each judge, but boxing won't let the public see this grade school scratchings lest their collective stupidity be further exposed.

So, those three added to the 30 individual rds scored in a 10 rd fight that they often collect during the rest period depending on what the scoring rules are for the fight, they'd have 33 cards to shuffle around at the end of the fight, just short of a full deck, an apt metaphor for those idiots.

And even in that 2nd hand compilations they make mistakes that can be plainly seen. Just get your site going good and I'm sure we could get some interesting stat revelations.

Cheers Bobby,

Just wasn't sure I was missing something obvious and such records were kept somewhere and available. But why would they, given the sport is so collectively useless.

---

'Pologies for being absent of late, but the few fights I scored have been no brainers like Fielding/Canelo. Gonna try to log on soon, but as I recall, it seems a difficult site to log on to. Next epic fight is Mikey vs Spence, but that could end up like Canelo/Fielding

Not to worry, the log in should be quite straight forward if you've remembered your password, but there's always the forgotten password function also.

Just get in touch if you have issues and I'll try and help you through it.

Not to worry, the log in should be quite straight forward if you've remembered your password, but there's always the forgotten password function also.

Just get in touch if you have issues and I'll try and help you through it.

Actually I've been meaning to raise this for a while now. The login only works for me when I log in via the menu button. When using the other two buttons on the homepage entering my credentials doesn't enable me to log in. This might be the difficulty that is mentioned

Actually I've been meaning to raise this for a while now. The login only works for me when I log in via the menu button. When using the other two buttons on the homepage entering my credentials doesn't enable me to log in. This might be the difficulty that is mentioned

Ahh thanks for this, I will take a look into it.

• 1 month later...

--- When I clicked on your link I could not find the log in.

Of late I have just been watching fights for the intuitive joy of a good fight. Sorta to restore why I, aka we want to watch fights absent the politics of officiating. But I would like to get back in the saddle of scoring, so a login link por favor?

--- When I clicked on your link I could not find the log in.

Of late I have just been watching fights for the intuitive joy of a good fight. Sorta to restore why I, aka we want to watch fights absent the politics of officiating. But I would like to get back in the saddle of scoring, so a login link por favor?

The system shows you managed to login dude!

https://fight-score.com/login

Good news is there's been an influx of users signed up, hopefully as regulars, with some promo work on Reddit and BoxRec. Hopefully that will bear more fruit in time as more users enjoy it and recommend it to their peers.

Users of our the system collectively scored Fowler vs Fitzgerald 93-96, 3 rounds to 5 and 2 even.

This feature combines each rounds score by all users and averages it out, it also pulls the most common reason selected for the winner of the round.

72dscXy.png

--- Well, checked the dashboard for my history, and indeed it seems to be me.

However, clicking Price/Ali to score, I couldn't even start the first rd on my iPhone 4.0. I'll try again on my library computer tomorrow.

Okay cheers. Sorry you're having issues. I'll do some testing on the iPhone 4 and see what's what, but it's an old make so it might just be incompatible with the tech I have in place. Will see what I can do.

What web browser is it you are using?

--- OK, failed to log in on google chrome giving me email and password not registered, so I clicked score a fight and was able to complete Ali/Price, but it don't show in my dashboard .

What now?

It really shouldn't be this hard Bobby!! :haha:

I can see your scorecard as a guest user.....I'll assign it to your user. I have no idea why your login didn't work on the library computer as I can see you managed to log in the last time....was that on your mobile phone?

As for your mobile phone, I have no idea how you can use the internet on it.....I have used an iPhone 4 simulator for testing and it is impossible to use even the website I work on for my job.

It doesn't render correct, and of course the javascript is too modern for it to function on the old tech. I can't help there I'm afraid as there's only so many devices (at modern standards) that can be catered to.

You need a new phone my man :thumb:

I have created user data logs, so I can see your location and should be pretty easy to identify your scorecards if you continue to be unable to log in. Just let me know you have created one and I can assign it.