Denis Lebedev vs Mike Wilson Spoiler

LondonRingRules

--- Only caught the 11-12 rd for Denis' minor belt, but the prospect Wilson was taking it to him.

Buffer announced the wide scores as he winced as if no longer believing himself, but the suits kicked him down the rd for the greater sacrifice. Talked Usyk, but that would be disasterous. I suggest a homecoming in Russia and retirement. He's given much to the sport and I don't want him to take a humiliating beating...

Re: Denis Lebedev vs Mike Wilson Spoiler

He wont be fighting Usyk bcos its already established that Usyk is moving up for the big dollar HW fights.

Edit: Buffering was 'hobnobbing it' with the Monaco royal family ringside; no doubt a lavish 'afters' party invite tucked into his tuxedo top pocket. If the man had any morals he would have been at the penultimate HBO show....

--- Denis almost had him early, perhaps discouraged when unable to put him away.

Backstory is Wilson 2x super heavy usa champ been fighting pro 9 yrs self promoted/managed/trained, so not bad. I gather he'll be picked up short term to become something of a gatekeeper in a currently hot division.

Boxing News: WBA champ Lebedev defeats Wilson >> November 25, 2018

The belt situation was a bit confusing last night, saw Team Levedev carrying the WBA regular title to the ring and the fight was being billed a world title fight but Shumenov is the regular champ and of course Usyk the super so what was on the line last night, anyone know?

I had it 7:5 Rodriguez, but it wasn't no robbery, most rounds were close. Ancajas should've lost to Santiago imo too.. so while I think he's better than Yafai, He also is volnurable in ways. Who's the men? Srisaket is past his prime it seems, Roman tries to rebuild... I'd say it might be Estrada! Ioka maybe? Still good division.

Rungvisai's the best in the division for my money, I was surprised to see Chocalito return to Super Fly after his brutal KO loss, I'm still not convinced despite the victory, and I got Ancajas second though I get that might not be the popular view, some would probably prefer Yafai or Estrada.

I'm not too impressed with Lebedev. Second fight in a row when he can't KO a mediocre opponent. Without Usyk the division has no clear leader, so I still think he has something to say in the cruiserweights, though.

I had Yafai winning 115-113. I expected this match to be pretty boring. Yafai is skillful, but too basic with his combinations at times and I liked Gonzalez counter punching. Gonzalez made him work and this made fight interesting.

Nice win from Hunter, but Ustinov looked absolutely terrible. Anyway, Hunter is probably a top 10 HW. He has some interesting, awkward style. I want to see more from him.

Fanlong Men scored a nice win over Frank Buglioni. It was competitive, but I had it 39-37 for the Chinese before the cut.

--- Only caught the 11-12 rd for Denis' minor belt, but the prospect Wilson was taking it to him.

Buffer announced the wide scores as he winced as if no longer believing himself, but the suits kicked him down the rd for the greater sacrifice. Talked Usyk, but that would be disasterous. I suggest a homecoming in Russia and retirement. He's given much to the sport and I don't want him to take a humiliating beating...

Wilson was a very poor, clearly previously fed on bums to rack up his unbeaten record, boxer. Took maybe a round or two for Lebedev to get going but once he did they were levels apart and he was easily winning rounds.

Side note, "White Delight" Wilson has the nickname, and look of a white supremacist! :haha:

As for Yafai, he maybe just edged the fight, but given he was 1/100 before the fight with BetFair, he certainly didn't look that big a favourite. Gonzalez was game and tough and took it to him, those scorecards were awful and somewhat of an injustice, but the decision itself not really a robbery.