Manny vs Broner - Jan 19 2019 @ MGM Grand

Ton

Anyone arsed?

Another showpiece event for Pacquiao before he hangs them up for politics, or will this be competitive?

A Broner win will likely propell him up for some more big money fights in future, so he's done well to get into this position, annoyingly! :whistle:

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Manny vs Broner - Jan 19 2019 @ MGM Grand

Any drug testing for this ? :haha: 1,000,000% NOT - both sides by mutual agreement.

Sted-head vs coke-head.........

Agree with Ton, meaningless - who's bothered ? Pity Uncle Jim wont be there to cry about another Pacroid retirement. Cant see Farhood getting so emotional.

Easy work for Pacman, I don't care if he's touching 40, Broner's a joke now.

Pacman UD.

I am interested in the fight though, Broner's done but Pacquiao still looks good, coming off a KO victory too, I'm still happy to see Manny in action

--- I don't discount any top fighter pulling the upset, but big news in Manny and Freddie have reconciled for this fight.

End of the day, if Boner upsets manny, he gets the Floydy fight if Floydy can buck up to the Japanese Banty he ran from previous. Uncertain footing in shifting sands these days...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

--- Freddie promising a vintage heroic performance from Manny.

Meanwhile boner recently hauled in for missing a trial hearing and additionally facing 2 sexual assualt trials or hearings. Looks bad for boner, but at manny's age I suppose on paper he has a chance...

Boxing News: Roach: Broner may fight to survive >> January 14, 2019

Can see Broner winning this one tbh. He's not a bad fighter, if massively over-hyped, at least in his earlier days. Clearly doesn't take the sport all that seriously but he has boxing ability and could use it against the aging legend if he has got himself into good condition.

Then again he has failed everytime he stepped up in class and remembering the beatdown Maidana handed to him.....tough one.

This is a pretty exciting fight.

But lordy, so utterly meaningless. The only reason to watch is in hope of Boner getting totally humiliated.

Boner's not a defensive genius, and hasn't exactly wowed the boxing world at 147, so I have to predict a Manny win, one way or another.

Another Maidana moment would be lovely. :haha:

--- Manny at 146 and Boner at 146.5...

Given the shock of Cano over Linares, Manny should just concentrate on boxing unless Boner gets in trouble. We all know Boner is the bigger framed guy, but look at the size of a posed Manny slightly in back of Boner where his features shrink in the perspective field of vision. His mitts and wrists are massive the better to transmit every oz of his kinetic power vs Boners dainties that look like they might brake with a good handshake.

image006.jpg

--- PAC wins in breezer as Boner reduced to claiming he was fightin for the hood and was robbed! Oh, and he couldn't beat up a standing 40 yr old senator, but he could whoop post fight interviewer Jim Grey!

Public social media erupting outraged that Boner could have won more than a single rd. Basically, PAC swarmed hum like a pack of hornets that had him stumbling and fumbling in flight swatting like a granny...

TUE was supposed to be there to make a post fight announcement concerning his date with Manny for Cinco de Mayo, but I see no news of that yet.

Manny scared the stink outta Junior Floydy yet again!

TUE was supposed to be there to make a post fight announcement concerning his date with Manny for Cinco de Mayo, but I see no news of that yet.

Manny scared the stink outta Junior Floydy yet again!

Clenelo vs Danny J. already announced for Cinco de Mayo on Dazn. Exclusivity of the date gone dude.

Another great humiliation fro Broner, only elevated even more so by his own doing and belief he won the fight. Mentally challenged or just not all there in the head? Or maybe a bit of both.

They push Floyd a bit regarding the rematch but after the fight when putting the question to hi (a simple nod will do), he just stared blankly. Annoying how much interest that fight could make when it's really just two old timers and no real meaning to the sport.

Another great humiliation fro Broner, only elevated even more so by his own doing and belief he won the fight. Mentally challenged or just not all there in the head? Or maybe a bit of both.....

Astoundingly, his corner also seemed to think he was winning the fight. I remember somewhere in the middle rounds, after two particularly empty ones for Broner where he basically just jabbed and danced, that his trainer literally said something like 'that was two good ones, keep it up."

I literally shook my head in disbelief.

Astoundingly, his corner also seemed to think he was winning the fight. I remember somewhere in the middle rounds, after two particularly empty ones for Broner where he basically just jabbed and danced, that his trainer literally said something like 'that was two good ones, keep it up."

I literally shook my head in disbelief.

Right and also when he went back to the corner after the 11th he asked "I won that round right" and I was like (I'll give him a pass, maybe the punches he's taking to the head have confused him somewhat) but then the trainer was like "yeah" and at that moment I understood that it wasn't entirely Broner's fault, he needs to get rid of the yes men

Clenelo vs Danny J. already announced for Cinco de Mayo on Dazn. Exclusivity of the date gone dude.

Remember there was a time when Mayweather could have announced the same date second and the other event that was scheduled first would be rescheduled since competing with the #1 PPV attraction would have been financial suicide.

But I'd be amazed if he tried that today against Canelo in 2019, especially when he's announcing a rematch against someone he comfortably outpointed the first time 'round, I'd have to expect Canelo to get more views/buys in May, his fight vs Jacobs is far more interesting than MayPac II.