HW prospect Filip Hrgovic vs Ytalo Perea

Cableaddict

I'm a pretty big fan of Hrgovic, but on Dec 8th he's faces little known Ytalo Perea from Ecuador.

Scroll down to the second page:

Boxing News at Five: Roach will be Fury’s cut man for Wilder fight, Hrgovic’s next opponent is announced - Boxing News

Then check out Perea on Youtube. ( A couple of pro fights, plus his ams when he beat Breazeale.)

-------------------

Yeah, he's got a few losses, but this guy Perea no joke. He just sorta' hangs out for a while while his opponents wear themselves out, then he strikes with surprisingly good hand speed.

It's really hard to tell just how good he is, but I tell you, Hrgovic better not take him for granted.

Re: HW prospect Filip Hrgovic vs Ytalo Perea

I'm of course rooting for "countryman" Hrgovic. ;-) Him and Peter Milas are currently the only notable hw's from former Yugoslavia. Milas is also from Croatia btw. :boxing:

Indeed, Milas also looks the goods, so far. :tea: Big power, high output, great body attack, excellent feet.

Biggest problem I see with Milas is that he hangs his head forward too much, (even when backing up!) but that's not too hard to fix, if he has a good trainer. He also has great defensive movement which helps to negate that, but at some point he'll face an opponent with a long reach and fast hands, and he had better fix the problem first.

He also often uses a sort of modified Philly Shell, which puts him in even more danger. You have to be razor sharp & technically sound to use that offense.

----------

And FWIW, the one thing I strongly dislike about Hrgovic is that he loves to throw blatant rabbit punches. He's a great boxer, but that has to stop immediately. It's hard to say if he's a dirty, cheating POS, or if it's just due to his super-long arms, and penchant for throwing curved punches up close. Maybe he's just trying to land hooks and is a lousy judge of distance, I dunno....

Another thing s that he seems to lack the "killer instinct," though that may or may not really matter in the end. In some ways it's good, as he conserves a lot of energy, but it makes him less fan-friendly, if nothing else.

Edited by Cableaddict

Indeed, Milas also looks the goods, so far. :tea: Big power, high output, great body attack, excellent feet.

Biggest problem I see with Milas is that he hangs his head forward too much, (even when backing up!) but that's not too hard to fix, if he has a good trainer. He also has great defensive movement which helps to negate that, but at some point he'll face an opponent with a long reach and fast hands, and he had better fix the problem first.

He also often uses a sort of modified Philly Shell, which puts him in even more danger. You have to be razor sharp & technically sound to use that offense.

----------

And FWIW, the one thing I strongly dislike about Hrgovic is that he loves to throw blatant rabbit punches. He's a great boxer, but that has to stop immediately. It's hard to say if he's a dirty, cheating POS, or if it's just due to his super-long arms, and penchant for throwing curved punches up close. Maybe he's just trying to land hooks and is a lousy judge of distance, I dunno....

Another thing s that he seems to lack the "killer instinct," though that may or may not really matter in the end. In some ways it's good, as he conserves a lot of energy, but it makes him less fan-friendly, if nothing else.

Thanks for the analysis. :thumb: I haven't yet seen Milas fight, frankly, but I've seen his record and it looks good so far. Only the second man to stop the Kingpin. :cool: Btw, that Perea guy is really small compared to Hrgovic, only 6'0. 6 inches in height he gives away, then he must be good to take on Hrgovic. Or crazy.

I'm of course rooting for "countryman" Hrgovic. ;-) Him and Peter Milas are currently the only notable hw's from former Yugoslavia. Milas is also from Croatia btw. :boxing:

Agron Smakici is another talented heavyweight from Croatia. His opposition has been very weak so far, but I've heard some good opinions about him. There is a strong chance that he may fight Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Ugonoh v Demirezen.

Agron Smakici is another talented heavyweight from Croatia. His opposition has been very weak so far, but I've heard some good opinions about him. There is a strong chance that he may fight Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Ugonoh v Demirezen.

His name sounds Albanian...he probably just lives in Croatia. Or maybe was raised there. Anyway, I'll watch out for him too. :thumb: