Big Baby vs Bogdan Dinu for WBA?

LondonRingRules

--- Being reported Fres Oquendo turned down his WBA fight against BigBaby over a too narrow window of drug testing, so Bogdan Dinu is being floated as a replacement.

Hes been sparring with Josh and already in decent shape, so who do you boxing experts have for this fight?

Bogdan Dinu accepts offer to meet Jarrell Miller in title fight

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Big Baby vs Bogdan Dinu for WBA?

Miller - Dinu is a dream fight for me.

Dinu has looked incredible so far, but against seriously underwhelming opposition. He has excellent skills, movement and power, but the intangibles remain. Followinng his career has been the single most frustrating experience I've ever had as a boxing fan. (And that includes following Golata !) I'm beyond excited to see him finally get a chance in the spotlight.

Miller is an absolutely pathetic boxer, but his chin appears to be made of reinforced concrete, and he somehow manages to generate enough power from those incredibly slow hands of his to KO most of the slobs that have so far been put in his path.

I seriously doubt Miller can be put down. He evidently has a tny little brain, safely embedded deep within a fat-filled cranial sack, surrounded by 3-4 inches of bone. So, he's a danger to anyone, even someone as skilled and mobile as Dinu.

Dinu should be able to contol Miller, like a cat plays with a mouse, but if it goes the distance, Dinu's defense will have to be iron-clad, and I'm not sure that's ever been tested. There's just no way to predict the outcome of this fight.

Man, if this goes ahead, Cable could be out of heavyweight hopes by Christmas.

Nah, plenty more where THIS one came from! :haha:

- But seriously, if you haven't seen much of Dinu, I highly suggest you bone up. The guy does everything right, and he has balance, fluidity, patience, huge power in both hands... He moves so well, you barely realize how big he is, because he seems like a MW. - But he's 6'5" and around 240 lbs, IIRC.

He's had the worst management imaginable, up till now, but this could be a huge break-out moment for him.

Of course, Miller is impossible to KO, and the ref & judges will obviously be massively behind him, so Dinu could probably win all 10 rounds, and still lose a decision.

Don't put any money on this one.

(Not that there's any corruption in the sport of boxing. Oh, no...... )

Edited by Cableaddict

Any truth to the rumor that King Kong Ortiz turned down 500k to face Miller? Also gutted that they moved this fight away from AC, and it's being held in Kansas.

Kansas?

Me thinks either they don't want people to see a potential Miller humiliation, or they wanted a state with less stringent PEDs testing.

Or both.

Or maybe Kansas judges just cost a lot less to pay off.

So Dinu is facing some no-hoper named Tom Little today.

Well, at least he's finally on the main card. Fans will finally know his name. Expect a glorious (and meaningless) KO.

Dinu - Miller has been moved to 11 - 17, and yes in Kansas.

Well, it looks like Dinu got screwed once again. His fight with Little has not been broadcast (it didn't even happen, according to Boxrec) and the main event is currently in progress.

Once again, Dinu loses a chance to show himself on a main card. I guess team Miller suddenly realized how good he is, and wanted to keep him away from the public eye, so as to have less flac when they rob him next month.

:rant:

Waiting for Din to actually get a chance is like waiting for trump to actually tell the truth.

That fight has been scratched from the card, Cable. I'm assuming both Dinu and Eddie Hearn didn't want to risk some upset or even just injury - that would prevent Miller fight.

Apparenly Little is not very happy about it!

There's no way Dinu wanted this cancelled. He hasn't fought since December 2017. He's also probably dead broke.

So, no tune up fight, and no money to train properly for Miller, and no exposure to the fans.

I won't be surprised if they spike his water bottle during the fight.

Edited by Cableaddict

• 3 weeks later...

--- First time I've seen Dinu and he looked good as a boxer but with little power.

He did slump Miller with a right at the end of the first rd, but otherwise looked fragile for a 250 lb man. By the 4th rd, a couple of Baby combos and Dinu knockdowns, Dinu couldn't beat the count.

Id say Baby has arrived and the #1 American heavy. Josh and fury are the only ones that could stand up to him, and don't bet the farm on them.

Actually, Dinu has extremely good power. I don't just say that based on his record, I base that on seeing almost every one of his pro fights.

Two main factors accounted for Miler's win tonight:

First, Dinu hadn't fought in a full year. Ring rust was clearly evident.

Second, Miller has possibly the toughest chin of any fighter who ever laced them up. He has very little skill, as was obvious in the fight, but he does have huge power when he managed to actually connect.

I'm hugely disappointed, but at least people have now seen Bogdan.

Also, I will begrudgingly admit that those final combinations from Miller were quite nice. - But they only landed because Dinu stopped moving.

-----------

Final thoughts:

I was really impressed with commentator Brian Kenny. He seems both knowledgable and extremely fair. No nut-hugging at all.

I was also really impressed with that ref.

Dinu was fucking rubbish!!

He moves so well, you barely realize how big he is, because he seems like a MW. - But he's 6'5" and around 240 lbs

There was no sign of this whatsoever, he just allowed Miller to walk him down to the ropes and tee off body shots without much coming back or movement to get away. Blame ring rust all you like but he didn't look out of shape to me, so still should have had some nous to move away from the imminent danger he was in.

Could see once Miller stepped it up in the 3rd Dinu knew he had no way of putting him down, and realised he didn't wanna be in there anymore.

Managed to get up for the first knockdown but you could see in his face he wanted the ref to wave it off and so he stayed down for the next count.

Credit to Miller for his conditioning. I have seen him a number of times and he is always on that front foot and not slowing down, for such a big guy it's seriouly impressive. I think the top guys in the division have the power to stop him from marching forward as he does, and the likes of Fury and Usyk would probably have enough movement to keep him at bay. But he's a handful for anyone!

Wow, Ortiz and Dinu both "being avoided because they're too good" and then end up losing the moment they do step up - what are the odds?

Bad trainers I believe! The coaching variety, not footwear.

--- Aye, not the potty ware kind of trainers though BigBaby looks to be wearing them in the ring.

Anyways, Tyson/Deyonce 2 weeks away for a proper farce!

How you seeing that one Bobby? I know you don't rate Wilder....

Dinu was fucking rubbish!!

He moves so well, you barely realize how big he is, because he seems like a MW. - But he's 6'5" and around 240 lbs

There was no sign of this whatsoever, he just allowed Miller to walk him down to the ropes and tee off body shots without much coming back or movement to get away. Blame ring rust all you like but he didn't look out of shape to me, so still should have had some nous to move away from the imminent danger he was in.

He didn't look like himself at all. Yes, I do blame ring rust. What, you think that's not a real thing?

--- Rust is bad timing, and Dinu was out boxing Miller both visually and punch monkey numbers and had been a regular sparring partner and in training for a cancelled fight

As to titles, BigBaby picked up the interim WBA/NABA and WBO/NABO or something of that ilk, oh the joy!

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/498837

Just watched it. A few things occurred to me. Miller basically walked though Dinu and Dinu quit. Before the first knockdown he looked like his heart wasn't in it. DInu had resonable skills but not enough power to cut it at elite level. Lastly, what the fuck was going on with Miller's wasteband? It was virtually up to his armpits. I know he's got to cover his huge belly but that was ridiculous. It more or less meant that Dinu couldn;t throw a body shot.