Terence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez

LondonRingRules

Re: Terence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez

I don't know much about Benavidez, but I don't see the 3" reach disadvantage as being much of a problem. Crawford gets in and out so quickly, fighting from range, that it doesn't matter. (remember the Postol fight?)

If Benavidez fights "tall," and keeps his head safely back, then that's another story. It will be very interesting to see if Bud can mount a good and sustained body attack. I'm racking my brain, but I can't recall if Crawford has ever gone to the body much in any fight.

Oh wait - Indongo, of course!

Well, there's the blueprint.

Edited by Cableaddict

How come this is only a 3star fight on boxrec? Two undefeated fighters, one of them with a claim at the pound for pound top spot and a world title fight.

Given that Cable doesn't know much about Benavidez, I am guessing he simply has a padded record winning regularly against plodders on undercards without too much bluster?

How come this is only a 3star fight on boxrec?

Crawford 'new' and unproven to the WW division having only fought Horn at this weight since moving up is the simple answer to boxrec's star rating 'logic'.

Benavidez decisioned Mauricio Herrera (at SLW) who undoubtably beat Danny Swift, so on that form makes him not half bad. Plus has 8 first round KO's on his CV.

This Saturday in Omaha, Iowa

Has it moved then LRR ? :lol:

--- Ahem...I'll have you know that the center of Nebraska and Iowa are well within the acceptable statistical international geographic margin of error.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

No worries. The way global warming has been accelerating, Nebraska will soon be the west coast.

2018-10-11 Crawford vs. Benavidez Final Presser

http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/74/5f/13/563e4b999052174.jpg

Single click thumbnail for screenshot

Source: ESPN+ WEB-DL

Video: Mp4 - 960p x 540p @ ~2.6 Mbps 16:9 @ 59.940 fps [email protected]

Audio: AAC 192 kb/s @ 48 khz (English)

Runtime: 00:28:49

Download:

http://filecloud.io/zem0suwqi

https://yadi.sk/d/jQLqNbVRXh98RA  (Mirror)

--- Bud an interesting physical study in the pics at the weighin.

When he swung at Benavidez, his right back scapcula muscle bulges in contrast to his left scapula bisected into a different shape. And his nose is red like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

And his opponent is the same overtrained size and weight of Tommy Hearns in his first SRLeonard fight.

Deja vu all over again?

--- And Bens length and agressiveness early proved problematic early, but he seemed to have run out of ambition to coast, and then paid for his aggressive impudence when Bud uppercut him on his can in the closing seconds.

Ben did well to rise, but was waved off in the follow up. Definately needs a few more wrinkles to his game if he wants to compete at this level. In short, his mouth wrote a check his ass couldn't cash...

Shakur stepping up against Simion in his first scheduled 10 rounder. Simion with only 2 loses on his record, against Quigg and Selby.

Shakur is the real deal, no doubt, but don't overlook the fact that Simon took the fight on less than 1 week's notice, so he may not have been on good shape, physically or mentally.

It's about running out of genuine fights you can sell and conjuring up some grudge to sell tickets and justify the fight

Nah not in this case it was a Hispanic and black gang 'ting.

Plus; Bud has only just stepped up to WW so we have the prospect of plenty of brilliant fights - just for starters we have Bud vs Special K, Porter, One Time, Pacroid, Danny Swift and Errol Spence Jr. - if this doesnt whet your appetite gavvy then its time for the snooker forum for good...

Nah not in this case it was a Hispanic and black gang 'ting.

Bud vs Special K, Porter, One Time, Pacroid, Danny Swift and Errol Spence Jr. - if this doesnt whet your appetite gavvy then its time for the snooker forum for good...

I'm not buying that - just more manufactured bullshit.

Seeing Crawford beat up Kell Brook isn't a terribly edifying spectacle, Pacquiao is going to run a mile from him, Garcia is a one-dimensional lump, Porter's never been anything startling and Thurman's almost certainly avoiding anyone he thinks has a chance. That leaves Spence, which would be lovely but the other problem is Crawford is on ESPN and everyone else..isn't.

Once Wilder/Fury/ Joshua have resolved their merry-go-round I will almost certainly withdraw from the boxing part of the forum at least - I'm already only watching the odd big-event fight and it's only the heavyweight curiosity shop keeping me from giving up on boxing completely - sick to death of it all and hopefully I won't have to linger long.

Seeing Crawford beat up Kell Brook isn't a terribly edifying spectacle, Pacquiao is going to run a mile from him, Garcia is a one-dimensional lump, Porter's never been anything startling and Thurman's almost certainly avoiding anyone he thinks has a chance. That leaves Spence, which would be lovely but the other problem is Crawford is on ESPN and everyone else..isn't.

Bloody hell Gav, Crawford might be about the best of the bunch but he's gotta face whats there infront of him, and all things considered, it's a decent enough calibre of division! :haha:

Bloody hell Gav, Crawford might be about the best of the bunch but he's gotta face whats there infront of him, and all things considered, it's a decent enough calibre of division! :haha:

I would never argue he doesn;t have to face what's in front of him - I've always said champions should face all comers. But that doesn't mean they're exciting fights or likely to be competitive. And as I say, I doubt most of those fights will even get made.

And as I say, I doubt most of those fights will even get made.

This is the key right here, and probably the most likely thing to hamper it all. The biggets problem witht he sport!

I think some of those fights would be alright though and somewhat competitive. More to them than most of the divisions can offer up anyway.

I'm not buying that - just more manufactured bullshit.

The 17,000 cap stadium was sold out months ago and it wasnt ppv on espn, so there was no need to hype the fight up with manufactured bullshit.