Who's the best light-heavyweight in the world right now?

Undefeated

Re: Who's the best light-heavyweight in the world right now?

I thought he lost to Badou Jack, although i'm not upset with the draw. Plus i haven't been impressed with his string of title defenses. I'd go with Dmitry Bivol. Now if Adonis beats Gvozdyk, and impressively? He'll be #1.

I thought he lost to Badou Jack, although i'm not upset with the draw. Plus i haven't been impressed with his string of title defenses. I'd go with Dmitry Bivol. Now if Adonis beats Gvozdyk, and impressively? He'll be #1.

I don't see that happening. Adonis is 41, he's bound to have started slowing down by now. Gvozdyk looks really good.

I don't see that happening. Adonis is 41, he's bound to have started slowing down by now. Gvozdyk looks really good.

I wasn't impressed with Gvozdyk's last performance. And i was there on that night.

BTW what happened to Hot Rod? Dude that should've gotten the decision against Browne?

--- Fonfara already whooped Superman the first fight to no credit.

Its either Kov or Alvarez, and they are rematching...Amen..

Wow, I had that WIDE for Stevo, 117-109 to be precise. Anyway, all was settled beyond any doubt in the rematch :haha:

I wonder who'll pick up the Alvarez/Kov rematch? ESPN maybe?

Wow, I had that WIDE for Stevo, 117-109 to be precise. Anyway, all was settled beyond any doubt in the rematch :haha:

ESPN has already snagged the fight.

I think Bivol may well be the overall best right now, but of course he hasn't been tested at the highest level.

I also still like Marcus Browne, when his head's in the game, but H2H I doubt he could defeat Bivol.

Same for Beterbiev.

Accomplishment / Record.....

1. Jack

2. Stevenson

3. Alvarez

4. Kovalev

5. Bivol

Best in terms of talent/ability and who would win if they all faced off tomorrow.....

Bivol goes to the top!

I wasn't impressed with Gvozdyk's last performance. And i was there on that night.

BTW what happened to Hot Rod? Dude that should've gotten the decision against Browne?

He stopped a guy last weekend, in one round. :cool:

Accomplishment / Record.....

1. Jack

2. Stevenson

3. Alvarez

4. Kovalev

5. Bivol

Best in terms of talent/ability and who would win if they all faced off tomorrow.....

Bivol goes to the top!

But this is based on what Jack did at 168 right? Because all he's beaten is Cleverly at 175 if I recall right

--- You sound like a candidate for Ton's Fight Score Website experiment looking for better consensus scoring results that judges are never held accountable for.

Now if we can only get him to include a link in his personal profile and/or footer message for every post he makes we can be better reminded with an easy clickable link!

But this is based on what Jack did at 168 right? Because all he's beaten is Cleverly at 175 if I recall right

That's correct, plus a draw with Stevenson. I think it's fair to take into consideration who he beat at Super middle since he fought some top names and when the debate of who's ranked where it all stems from actual victories.

--- You sound like a candidate for Ton's Fight Score Website experiment looking for better consensus scoring results that judges are never held accountable for.

Now if we can only get him to include a link in his personal profile and/or footer message for every post he makes we can be better reminded with an easy clickable link!

I think I got shouted at with having a link in my signature when I tried that last time :whistle:

I think I got shouted at with having a link in my signature when I tried that last time

You can do what you like Ton...I have given up on 'World boxing' subforum. I am not re-modding a forum that has 2 Super-Mods and 3 Mods. We actually have a No spoilers rule and I got sick to death of PM's on a Sunday morning complaining about spoilers which I had to edit while I should have been posting the downloads. When in fact 2 of the staff on that forum are actually the biggest culprits for posting spoilers.

You can do what you like Ton...I have given up on 'World boxing' subforum. I am not re-modding a forum that has 2 Super-Mods and 3 Mods. We actually have a No spoilers rule and I got sick to death of PM's on a Sunday morning complaining about spoilers which I had to edit while I should have been posting the downloads. When in fact 2 of the staff on that forum are actually the biggest culprits for posting spoilers.

:haha: I love a Seli rant! :thumb:

Keep up your good work and sod the criers!

• 2 weeks later...

Bivol seems the obvious choice, even though he's still not solidly proven.

- But Beterbiev could surprise a lot of people in his next fight. (vs Smith.) Having been tagged badly in his last fight, and really for the first time, he might finally be willing to realize that his defense basically sucks. If so, and if he starts working on this in training, he could finally become a complete fighter, and thus insanely dangerous.

Bivol has gifts, but Beterbiev has a huge gas tank / high output that wears opponents down even when the shots are blocked. Also, I think Beterbiev's hands are slightly faster than even Bivol's, though it's hard to say because of the reach difference. They both have lightning fast reflexes. They both has incredible power.

Beterbiev is also now proven to be tough & relentless, even when hurt.

Has Bivol even been clocked really hard? Do we know if he has chin & heart? That could possibly end up being the difference.

Edited by Cableaddict

Superman's not very 'likeable' bcos of his shameful past personal life, but there's no doubting his boxing credentials. No1 for me too, at the moment.

Ya mean PIMP DADDY? :haha: He's a dirtbag but can fight, still...clock is ticking.