Two great fighters / decent bouts, tonight.

Cableaddict

Heads up:

Two of my favorite fighters have bouts today, against seemingly very decent (but not too dangerous) opponents. both could be excellent fights to watch.

Should be a ton of baxin' technique on display, from all 4 guys:

At Indio, Calif. (Facebook Watch):

Ryan Garcia vs. Carlos Morales, 10 rounds, lightweights.

- Garica you surely already know about.

I think Morales will make Garcia bring out his best, make him really work on his ring generalship, his patience, and his punch accuracy.

At Kempton Park, South Africa (Klowd TV):

Thabiso Mchunu vs. Thomas Oosthuizen, 12 rounds, CW

- Mchunu one of the best technicians in the game, (IMO, right there with Loma & Usyk) and much better than his current record would indicate.

Sadly, he tends to gas in the later rounds, leaving himself open to catastrophe.

I still have hope that he can turn his career back around.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Two great fighters / decent bouts, tonight.

--- Oosty reportedly a talented fighter, but a basket case mentally.

I picked him in my predictor because me thinks he was too tall for lightheavy.

I didn't realize "The Ooze" was 6'4" !

Mchunu is officially listed as 5'11" these days, but he's actually about 5'7". (As he was listed several years ago.)

This could be like Wilder vs Nichols. Well, if Nichols was actually a talented boxer with insanely good footwork. :haha:

===========

BTW, sorry about editing your post by mistake. (I did it AGAIN. )

I'm telling you, there's something very odd about this website when accessed from a Mac / Safari.

- That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :whistle:

I've just watched Mchunu v Ooosthuizen bout. I had it 115-113 for Mchunu, but I don't have an issue with having it the other way for Oosthuizen like the judges had. It's an another disappointing performance for Mchunu after losing to Constantin Bejenaru. "Tommy Gun" after a long lay-off with history of mental issues and fighting for the first time as a cruiserweight should've been beaten by Mchunu. In my opinion Mchunu failed to make an impression on the judges in the very close first three rounds when he didn't throw enough punches. He looked better in the middle rounds, but knowing he was two points down on two cards, he couldn't allow himself to lose any of the last four rounds. In my opinion, he clearly lost the 11th and 10th was even. Good win for Oosthuizen, but actually both fighters don't seem capable of having success on the international level.

Edited by pittbox

--- Couldn't find the fight vid, but ran across this report of what seems to be a South African source. Interesting...

Oosthuizen slips by Mchunu just a few months removed from jail stint | Boxing | Sporting News

It's on da' toob now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80rqBfBOiE

I've just watched Mchunu v Ooosthuizen bout. I had it 115-113 for Mchunu, but I don't have an issue with having it the other way for Oosthuizen like the judges had. It's an another disappointing performance for Mchunu after losing to Constantin Bejenaru. "Tommy Gun" after a long lay-off with history of mental issues and fighting for the first time as a cruiserweight should've been beaten by Mchunu. In my opinion Mchunu failed to make an impression on the judges in the very close first three rounds when he didn't throw enough punches. He looked better in the middle rounds, but knowing he was two points down on two cards, he couldn't allow himself to lose any of the last four rounds. In my opinion, he clearly lost the 11th and 10th was even. Good win for Oosthuizen, but actually both fighters don't seem capable of having success on the international level.

I also probably would have scored it 115-113 for Mchunu, but I have to say I'm once again disappointed in Mchunu. He didn't use his once-incredible footwork enough. What the heck was he doing standing and trading with such a large opponent?

I dunno if it's age, or maybe he's lost the motivation to train hard, after getting KO'd by Makabu in a fight he was winning, getting completely shut-down by Usyk, and then getting robbed against Bejenaru. Heck, even against Beje he looked unmotivated, though IMO he clearly won that very boring fight.

I think he's done at the elite level, very sad to say.

Edited by Cableaddict