<SPOILER>Wanheng Menayothin aka Chayaphon Moonsri moves to 51-0

Gavin Harris

Re: Chayaphon Moonsri moves to 51-0

The SPOILER warning rule here remains a dark mystery to me, and I suspect others as well.

It has been described to me thus :

Please don't add Spoilers to threads mate. Best to start a new thread off to discuss events - and Add the Spoiler tag plus inc notice in the header/title. Some people may be logging in looking forward to downloading the fight still.

Feel free to correct my attempt below at unraveling the great SPOILER mystery :

There is an existing thread called 'Chayaphon Moonsri to break Mayweather 50-0 mark?'

I want to post a comment about the result. In order to do that I need to post another thread :

'SPOILER Chayaphon Moonsri to break Mayweather 50-0 mark?'

and then within the new thread I need to hide away my comment in order not to spoil other supposedly keen followers of this sport's Christmas.

(Funny, if I was trying not to know about the result of a fight that had already been completed I wouldn't click on a boxing site, let alone a boxing forum)

The SPOILER warning rule here remains a dark mystery to me, and I suspect others as well.

It has been described to me thus :

Please don't add Spoilers to threads mate. Best to start a new thread off to discuss events - and Add the Spoiler tag plus inc notice in the header/title. Some people may be logging in looking forward to downloading the fight still.

I don't understand it either, and I'm supposed to enforce it!

I think, just try to show concern for others, when possible. Unless Bud has a different take on it.

--- I edited in the the official Spoiler tag to make it officially a Spoiler, so there it is, a double spoiler pot boiler!

Perhaps she should be so lucky as to land this fight in our video collection managed by the genii who graciously stock that area.

Edit (Sel)

Already posted by WSMFC64 under Moonsri's more frequently used alias of Wanheng Menayothin Link

Feel free to correct my attempt below at unraveling the great SPOILER mystery :

There is an existing thread called 'Chayaphon Moonsri to break Mayweather 50-0 mark?'

I want to post a comment about the result. In order to do that I need to post another thread :

@Gavin Harris: We are splitting hairs here for a very minor low level fight, but if you personally had started the 'Chayaphon Moonsri to break Mayweather 50-0 mark?" thread; you could have added any replies to that thread and simply gone to Advanced edit and edited your title to add a 'Now Contains Spoilers' message/ tag. If it wasn't you that started it, then obv this is not possible. (Surely the Spoilers theory doesn't need explaining? Some people like to download the fights from our Download section and view it NOT knowing the result in advance, maybe they have been at work or school, hence Spoiling it for them. If they were intending to come onto the forum today and on the main page view "Chayaphon Moonsri moves to 51-0" there woud be no point downloading the fight).

But, by starting a new thread there is also little point adding 'Spoiler' to a thread title that says "Chayaphon Moonsri moves to 51-0" as its plainly obvious now who has won! :lol:

A more sensible thread title could have been e.g:

2018-08-29 Chayaphon Moonsri vs Pedro Taduran - Discussion - Warning Contains Spoilers

Chayaphon Moonsri - Latest Fight Today - Warning Contains Spoilers

Chayaphon Moonsri - Has He Broken The Mayweather 50-0 mark? - Warning Contains Spoilers

etc etc

....thus anyone who does not want to know the result is warned not to enter that thread and does so at his own peril.

No harm done though and no one warned, admonished or 'disciplined' :thumb:

(Sel, Admin)

@Everyone: I will put out an 'all members PM' to say to the effect of do not complain to me about Spoilers in World Forum anymore. Direct all complaints to the World Forum's supervisors whos names can be found at the foot of the page. As the bulk of these complaints come thru on a Sun morn when I am busy trying to upload/post new fights and have to stop to go onto World Forum to start editing crap. Either that, or we need to change the rules and just not bother anymore (?) although this would involve a Staff level meeting of all Staff inc Bud who I know wouldnt be very amenable to this to say the least!

I'm giving up on World Forum as of now, if the Mods we have cant Mod and edit their own forum's posts; I haven't got the time to re-Mod them.

Moderators of this Forum - 2 of them inactive and 1 of the remaining 3 of them is probably the main culprit of posting Spoilers himself :lol:

http://i65.tinypic.com/4gg6li.jpg

It's very simple - don't put anything in the thread title that spoils the result, and don't put spoilers in an existing thread where people may not be expecting spoilers.

So if there's a thread that's been going on for weeks called "Tyson Fury says he's serious this time" don't turn up after his latest fight and post "Not that serious since he got knocked out!" - either add a spoiler tag to "Fury vs Seferi preview" and post the result in there, or start a thread caleld Fury-Seferi result, which shouldn't need a spoiler because it's obvious what the thread contains.

If it gets to a week after the fight, discuss the result wherever you like and let bud worry about it.

Do we have an award for "post of the year" because Sel's post #8 should win it!!! :haha:

For years I have made the argument that the spoilers rule is somewhat daft on a boxing forum where people want to discuss the latest results without having to tiptoe around for those dumb enough to venture onto the world boxing forum when they don't want to spoil a result for themselves.

Of course, a pretty simple and obvious option is just to remove that utterly pointless "advanced forum statistics" box on the home page which is what i imagine might be the most likely cause of spoilers for people visiting the forum wanting to go to the downloads section only :noidea:

Do we have an award for "post of the year" because Sel's post #8 should win it!!! :haha:

For years I have made the argument that the spoilers rule is somewhat daft on a boxing forum where people want to discuss the latest results without having to tiptoe around for those dumb enough to venture onto the world boxing forum when they don't want to spoil a result for themselves

It's no inconvenience for people who know the result and a very simple courtesy to those who don't know and don't want to be ambushed by it. You don't even have to enter world boxing, just see the latest thread title as you go past and the result is ruined. God forbid people should show a little consideration.

EDIT: For some reason the forum software is parsing the quotes into multiples, and won't revert it even when I do it manually..

Edited by gavpowell

For years I have made the argument that the spoilers rule is somewhat daft on a boxing forum where people want to discuss the latest results without having to tiptoe around for those dumb enough to venture onto the world boxing forum when they don't want to spoil a result for themselves.

Of course, a pretty simple and obvious option is just to remove that utterly pointless "advanced forum statistics" box on the home page which is what i imagine might be the most likely cause of spoilers for people visiting the forum wanting to go to the downloads section only :noidea:

Or they could just bookmark dl section and use that Sunday morning..........

Or they could just bookmark dl section and use that Sunday morning..........

Good grief stop being practical, logical, sensible and smart, man!!!

It's no inconvenience for people who know the result and a very simple courtesy to those who don't know and don't want to be ambushed by it. You don't even have to enter world boxing, just see the latest thread title as you go past and the result is ruined. God forbid people should show a little consideration.

No it's no inconvenience and I can see the reasoning behind it. But if people actually go out of their way to complain about having a result ruined before they've downloaded it (for free) I think that's quite ridiculous. It's pretty simple to steer clear of the main forum, and its easy to avoid looking at the titles of the last posted thread (especially if they remove the pointless statistic box section as I mentioned above) as one scrolls down to their beloved download section to use and abuse.

No it's no inconvenience and I can see the reasoning behind it. But if people actually go out of their way to complain about having a result ruined before they've downloaded it (for free) I think that's quite ridiculous.

As oppose to going out of your way to complain about people complaining?:haha:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...