It's Tyson Fury Vs Francesco Pianata Week!

LondonRingRules

--- Big week for Fury, #5 in boxrec behind Bellew and Josh, so Brits dominating the top slots.

Fury seems to have become something of a born again Christian in the Pentacostal fashion thanks to an uncle, or so the boxing media tells us. Giving plenty of hosannas to God in his tweets, so can he hold it together enough to make the scratch line again?

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: It's Tyson Fury Vs Francesco Pianata Week!

Fury's been a vocal Christian for ages, though it hasn't improved his behaviour at all. Obviously he'll beat Pianeta, but whether he can really compete with Joshua and Wilder is a long way from being answered.

I hope we see some significant improvements from Fury in this fight. He has resolved to cut out all the nonsense we saw in the Seferi fight (at least in the ring!) and get down to business. If he really is committed to pursuing a Wilder fight (which I am still unsure about) then he'll certainly need to show more sharpness and timing than he showed last time out.

Best part ofa Fury fight is the post fight and he always leads of with "first and foremost I'd like to thank my lord saviour Jesus Christ...!" :haha:

Absolute nut job!

I hope we see some significant improvements from Fury in this fight. He has resolved to cut out all the nonsense we saw in the Seferi fight (at least in the ring!) and get down to business. If he really is committed to pursuing a Wilder fight (which I am still unsure about) then he'll certainly need to show more sharpness and timing than he showed last time out.

Exactly.

He can't clown his way to the top, and neither AJ nor Wilder is going to throw the fight the way Wlad did. (Don't even go there.... )

Fury certainly does look fit, at least. It's astounding, actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uH8nHtuH8&feature=youtu.be

But at his best, Fury never really was very good. IMO he's the most over-hyped HW in the history of the sport.

Take away the Wlad fight (which, again, was clearly thrown by Wlad if you watch the fight looking for this) and who has Fury beaten? A shot-to-shit Chisora, Chrisitan Hammer... LOL. and he had to blatantly cheat to put down USS. His best win is Kingpin, fer chissakes.

Wilder will kill him.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Chisora was undefeated when Fury first whooped him, ya musta forgot.

Whooped him 2x for good measure. Johnson and Cunningham back to back when they were still relevant and Hammer and Chisora have never left the boxrec top 20, Hammer currently 13th and Chisora 11th. Haye highly ranked pulling out of two fights. OK, blame it on the era, but Fury can only fight who they put in front of him. Seferi was training for Bellew, and Pianeta for Josh, and I figure within next fight or two we may well see one or the other.

Exactly.

He can't clown his way to the top, and neither AJ nor Wilder is going to throw the fight the way Wlad did. (Don't even go there.... )

Fury certainly does look fit, at least. It's astounding, actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uH8nHtuH8&feature=youtu.be

But at his best, Fury never really was very good. IMO he's the most over-hyped HW in the history of the sport.

Take away the Wlad fight (which, again, was clearly thrown by Wlad if you watch the fight looking for this) and who has Fury beaten? A shot-to-shit Chisora, Chrisitan Hammer... LOL. and he had to blatantly cheat to put down USS. His best win is Kingpin, fer chissakes.

Wilder will kill him.

oh dear......

--- Fury at 258 and Pianeta at 254.

Just looking at his historical weights, he bounces around with impunity between 245 and 274. Wilder there for wwe trash crashing. Onward thru the fog of boxing...

Boxing News: Frampton, Jackson, Rosales, Barnes make weight >> August 17, 2018

--- tape of a BJSaunders/Deyonce greet and meet at Nandos surfaced with exchange of words with BJ dumping Dey chicken dinner on him and fleeing the premises Charley Z style.

I'll post it it when I get to my library, but no big deal. Just typical lowbrow boxing hijinx.

--- Big week for Fury, #5 in boxrec behind Bellew and Josh, so Brits dominating the top slots.

Fury seems to have become something of a born again Christian in the Pentacostal fashion thanks to an uncle, or so the boxing media tells us. Giving plenty of hosannas to God in his tweets, so can he hold it together enough to make the scratch line again?

The way you wrote it, it looks like PINATA! :lmao: It's PIANETA, son! :ranger:

#### SPOILER BELOW !!!!!! #####

Well, Pianeta did indeed look like a human piñata. - But luckily for him, Fury appears to have even less power than in the past.

Fury's hand speed is impressive, but I think he might have trained for speed, giving up even more power in the process. He never was a big hitter anyway, but now he looks like a HW Paulie.

Wilder is gonna' walk right through him. He'll just explode in, and take Fury out whenever he feels like it, as in the second Stiverne fight.

Wilder is gonna' walk right through him. He'll just explode in, and take Fury out whenever he feels like it, as in the second Stiverne fight.

Possibly, though his inability to do that to Luis Ortiz is a concern. I can only assume the fact they haven't announced a venue or a date yet means they haven't got either, which is odd when it was such a key thing for Wilder's team previously.

Possibly, though his inability to do that to Luis Ortiz is a concern. I can only assume the fact they haven't announced a venue or a date yet means they haven't got either, which is odd when it was such a key thing for Wilder's team previously.

True.

Maybe they haven't yet agreed on which country to have it in.

--- It's where Tyson can make the biggest bucks.

Since Deyonce can't draw flies, he prob needs to go to Manchester to make his most money, so let the fur of negotiations fly.

You seriously don't think this fight would sell out any US venue? I do.

It would also make Fury a star in the USA, in the incredibly unlikely event that he wins it.

Frank Warren knows this, though I doubt Frank expects the big dufus to win.

They've said Vegas and vaguely mentioned December, just nothing more specific.

Warren has made a statement now saying "November or December...probably in Vegas"

But Wilder can't arrange a fight with no date and venue - that would be ridiculous! Seems to suggest it was Wilder's fault the Joshua fight fell apart.

Warren has made a statement now saying "November or December...probably in Vegas"

But Wilder can't arrange a fight with no date and venue - that would be ridiculous! Seems to suggest it was Wilder's fault the Joshua fight fell apart.

That's some twisted logic right there.

You're saying team Wilder should have locked down a date & US venue before a deal with AJ was finalized, and before they even knew what what country that fight would be in?

OK then .......

That's some twisted logic right there.

You're saying team Wilder should have locked down a date & US venue before a deal with AJ was finalized, and before they even knew what what country that fight would be in?

OK then .......

I take the first line as a compliment from the master.

As to the rest, I don't even know what you're on about: Wilder went around telling everyone who would listen that "I can't possibly sign a contract without the date and venue being agreed - that's crazy, all part of that tricksy Eddie Hearn's games!"

Now here we are, he's signed the contract for Fury - date? Venue? He doesn't know.

--- Maybe, only maybe in Nov or Dec, or???

Probably, meaning something the parties agree the most on, probably in Vegas, but of course this is Warren staging his biggest comeback from bankruptcy, and nobody in boxing with his experience, so maybe playing Wilder as a joker to up the Hearn offer for a Josh fight where mucho mas dinero awaits as the maiden bride ready to be plundered.

#### SPOILER BELOW !!!!!! #####

Well, Pianeta did indeed look like a human piñata. - But luckily for him, Fury appears to have even less power than in the past.

Fury's hand speed is impressive, but I think he might have trained for speed, giving up even more power in the process. He never was a big hitter anyway, but now he looks like a HW Paulie.

Yeah...as much as I'd love Fury to wipe that smirk of Wilder's face, he isn't likely to do well in that fight. And he's not enjoying a big height advantage either, this time.