Future of boxing viewership?

LondonRingRules

Re: Future of boxing viewership?

Its here and now. We already have iptv (12,000 channels for £60/yr) inc boxing's "International feeds" of HBO, Showtime, Sky Box Office, ITV Box Office and Fox Sports, the US have the espn+ mega HD streaming service for $5/month. The days of the UK customer being faced with 2 choices: Sky Sat-Dish or Virgin Media cable are numbered and about time too. Continued twice yearly price hikes will be a thing of the past soon, thank fuck, as we pick 'n mix our choices of subscriptions to be streamed to our smart tv's direct over the internet or Plexed from our PC. Fuck them. Even subscribing to every boxing streaming service going will still work out cheaper than a Max package from either of the 2 current UK mainplayers. I have been doing some research myself on this very notion lately and your only holdback is a tasty internet line. Which means again - being beholden to Virgin cable or BT Infinity. So they will still try and drag you in with an ever-cost-increasing internet line. With my current VM package inc Sky Sports and Boxnation I am paying well over £800/yr (which incs their highest-speed internet and landline fone) - add to that 20 odd PPV's at £20 a go and you can see why pick 'n mixing streaming services is a very attraction option.

Even Amazon are in on it now, they have bid - succesfully - for a portion of Premiership Soccer matches inc ALL the Boxing Day fixtures this year and for the following 2 years - so if you love your footy at Xmas you had better get an Amazon Prime membership or miss out. And Amazon wont stop there I am sure of that, their revenue stream is ginormous and they have pots of cash to throw at it.

Good luck to DAZN and Hearn I say. Getting in early on the act.

Its here and now. We already have iptv (12,000 channels for £60/yr) inc boxing's "International feeds" of HBO, Showtime, Sky Box Office, ITV Box Office and Fox Sports, the US have the espn+ mega HD streaming service for $5/month. The days of the UK customer being faced with 2 choices: Sky Sat-Dish or Virgin Media cable are numbered and about time too. Continued twice yearly price hikes will be a thing of the past soon, thank fuck, as we pick 'n mix our choices of subscriptions to be streamed to our smart tv's direct over the internet or Plexed from our PC. Fuck them. Even subscribing to every boxing streaming service going will still work out cheaper than a Max package from either of the 2 current UK mainplayers. I have been doing some research myself on this very notion lately and your only holdback is a tasty internet line. Which means again - being beholden to Virgin cable or BT Infinity. So they will still try and drag you in with an ever-cost-increasing internet line. With my current VM package inc Sky Sports and Boxnation I am paying well over £800/yr (which incs their highest-speed internet and landline fone) - add to that 20 odd PPV's at £20 a go and you can see why pick 'n mixing streaming services is a very attraction option.

Even Amazon are in on it now, they have bid - succesfully - for a portion of Premiership Soccer matches inc ALL the Boxing Day fixtures this year and for the following 2 years - so if you love your footy at Xmas you had better get an Amazon Prime membership or miss out. And Amazon wont stop there I am sure of that, their revenue stream is ginormous and they have pots of cash to throw at it.

Good luck to DAZN and Hearn I say. Getting in early on the act.

There's so many services out there and if you had them all, you'd pay out a fortune. Shame life can't be simple and you could pay one fee for them all.

Youtube are in on it as well and ITV are doing PPV's - I think in the future most events will be PPV in the coming years. Well done to the promoters who offer free live Youtube and Facebook streams for their shows.

Shame life can't be simple and you could pay one fee for them all

Well this is what we are doing by default and this is how Sky and VM reel us in - we do it out of habit for simplicity.

There's so many services out there and if you had them all, you'd pay out a fortune

I have done some serious research into this while I have been off work, and believe me you wouldnt. I am slowly putting an alternative package together and I'll post my estimates/findings if anyones interested.

Well this is what we are doing by default and this is how Sky and VM reel us in - we do it out of habit for simplicity.

I have done some serious research into this while I have been off work, and believe me you wouldnt. I am slowly putting an alternative package together and I'll post my estimates/findings if anyones interested.

VERY interested. thanks!

Its here and now. We already have iptv (12,000 channels for £60/yr

But that's a blatantly illegal service pirating actual broadcasters - they don't produce the content. The thing with streaming boxing has always been what the fuck took them so long? I can't put my finger on the name but one major boxing website used to occasionally stream matches, and MaxBoxing did their TV channel, then there was Wealth TV. It's ridiculous that nobody's made any serious effort now the UK has mostly decent ADSL or fibre.

Edited by gavpowell

This aint illegal. Get a grip Gav.

https://iptv.shop/

Well, in the same way as Kodi isn't I suppose - the system has a perfectly legit use but anyone offering 60 quid a year for access to every Sky, HBO and Showtime channel is blatantly pirating. It's the new Kodi/ZGemma, nothing more.

Real legit business that has no contact details, no WHOis information, no company name, no details of what channels you get...

But sure, keep on believing that something that should cost you nearly a grand a year can be legally had for 50 quid!

Actually, my brother-in-law knows a bloke who can get you genuine Chanel perfume for £3 a bottle - proper kosher like, they just, err, made too much of it, that's why they're selling it through geezers with blankets laid on the pavement, keep distribution costs low innit.

Edited by gavpowell

--- Got 4 yrs left on my google 7 yr contract purchased for $300, a steal.

I get to watch about 70% of what I want to watch, but only in that small window of time on youtube who I gather bought out dailtmotion. That would be on my iPhone at home or my library computer.

arum experimented with free or subscription broadcasts of lesser fights, but you gotta listen to Fat Bob Sheridan who will prob have to be gagged after his death just to shut him up.

--- Got 4 yrs left on my google 7 yr contract purchased for $300, a steal.

I get to watch about 70% of what I want to watch only in that small window of time on youtube who I gather bought out dailtmotion. That would be on my iPhone at home or my library computer.

Google contract? Do you mean for Google TV? If so you're the first person I've ever known have that, and since they axed the service I'm surprised they're still operating it, but what did your $300 get you at its peak? Did it include Hulu etc or did yiou have to pay extra for that?

Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi and is arguably better than Youtube now - it's certainly better for copyright material as it never seems to get taken down!

--- Dailymotion does get taken down here and there, and my google is internet cable, something I lobbied for, but after meeting limestone rock with their soft drilling equipment, they suspended their cable business much like they did their billion buck investment in self driving big trucks...