Fury confirms he's close to a deal to fight Wilder in December!

Ton

Re: Fury confirms he's close to a deal to fight Wilder in December!

--- Nobody really knows what Fury is ready for, maybe not even him.

Certified loony tunes in the best of times, this sounds like a lotta smoke, what, Pianata takes step aside $?

I do know journeymen TBA have had no problems outboxing Deyonce, the problem being lasting the distance. Hearn sleeping on Warren and Haymon? Where's Rockford to get to the bottom of this caper?

Tyson Fury just working the media.

I'm sure he would love to fight Wilder. But it won't be happening any time soon.

I'm all for the fat man upping the level of his opposition but this seems a big step.

Wilder needs a real opponent, not someone who's likely to cancel two weeks from the fight.

Sound's like a reversing waggon! *Beep Beep Beep Beep* :haha:

Tyson Fury just working the media.

I'm sure he would love to fight Wilder. But it won't be happening any time soon.

I'm all for the fat man upping the level of his opposition but this seems a big step.

Frank Warren has written in his column that he is going after a fight with Wilder, no messing,

Tyson has got a job to do first though and he is next back in business in Belfast on August 18 with Francesco Pianeta in the opposite corner at Windsor Park in support of Carl Frampton against Luke Jackson and Paddy Barnes’ world title bid against Cristofer Rosales for the WBC flyweight belt.

He needs to come through this fight against Pianeta and then Wilder is the direction we’ll be going in. They are the fights we are going to make, no messing around, straight into them.

TYSON STILL THE DON OF THE HEAVY MOB - Frank Warren

I am always very cynical of Frank Warren, always have been and while he is dishing out the plaudits to Fury here I feel he is being deceptively clever, but ultimately this smacks of Frank having little faith in Fury either sticking it out in the long run, his mental strength, or his ability to get back to where he was.

When has Frank EVER rushed anyone so quickly to get into a big fight. It's clear as day he think Fury's days are numbered. He want's to cash out with a Wilder fight knowing its all low risk high possible reward. It will make Warren a mint in proceeds, and if Fury manages to actually win then he becomes a goldmine at least for 1 or two more fights.

Warren, like Hearn, is first and foremost a promoter and promoters tell people what they want to hear. Including when they feel it necessary, exaggerations and at times even whopping great lies.

Warren, like Hearn, is first and foremost a promoter and promoters tell people what they want to hear. Including when they feel it necessary, exaggerations and at times even whopping great lies.

He is but it seems a bit too obvious to me he's being cynical and getting Fury in there with a big name ASAP for monetary reward for himself first and foremost! IF Fury does the unexpect then he's hit the jackpot, but ultimately this is win win for Warren. I've just never known him be in such a rsh before, so something tells me he doesn't have much faith in Fury taking his comeback seriously and so he want's to get him in the big money fights asap.

He is but it seems a bit too obvious to me he's being cynical and getting Fury in there with a big name ASAP for monetary reward for himself first and foremost! IF Fury does the unexpect then he's hit the jackpot, but ultimately this is win win for Warren. I've just never known him be in such a rsh before, so something tells me he doesn't have much faith in Fury taking his comeback seriously and so he want's to get him in the big money fights asap.

I agree completely.

Personally, I don't think Fury was that good even at his peak.

Taking a chance on his doing the normal rise back to the top seems absurdly risky, and Warren is no fool.

Edited by Cableaddict

Does anybody actually believe "Fury-Wilder is 90% done" in no time after the Joshua-Wilder fiasco we have endured month after month?

Does anybody actually believe "Fury-Wilder is 90% done" in no time after the Joshua-Wilder fiasco we have endured month after month?

Not one bit, but I 100% believe fish eyes Frank will gladly throw Tyson to the wolves for a nice "cashout" payday if he doesn't believe he has any longevity in him.

Not one bit, but I 100% believe fish eyes Frank will gladly throw Tyson to the wolves for a nice "cashout" payday if he doesn't believe he has any longevity in him.

Who knows? That might be what Fury has in mind.

I wonder if the deal will fall through like the Wilder-AJ negotiations, with some lame excuse coming out.

Can't see Fury being ready in 5 months time for Wilder, but I didn't think he'd of lost all the weight so fast and been back boxing this quick.

I wonder if the deal will fall through like the Wilder-AJ negotiations, with some lame excuse coming out.

Can't see Fury being ready in 5 months time for Wilder, but I didn't think he'd of lost all the weight so fast and been back boxing this quick.

Exactly my point, earlier.

Wilder cannot afford another last-minute cancellation. If his team actually signs this fight, then they're idiots.

Why is it hard to believe? Plenty of fighters have taken a few years off & come back for whatever reasons. From vids I seen he looks trimmer & could be in the 260s now against Pianeta after being 279 vs Seferi. I get it that a few here don't like Fury but the guy beat Klitschko fair & square in Germany. Make all the excuses you want for Wlad but the bottom line is he couldn't land a punch while he almost took out Joshua 18 months later at 41. Other than Haye nobody has done to Chisora what Fury did in their 2nd fight. Haye knocked him out but Fury beat him into submission & made him quit on his stool. Fury never gets enough credit. Will he be the same fighter? maybe not but he is only 29 & who thought the guy could go from 398lbs to 279 in 8 months? Nobody! Now he is just concentrating on boxing & not losing weight. I got no problems with him fighting Wilder after Pianeta. Of course if Wilder beats him than people will say Fury wasn't ready or Warren was cashing him out. Complete & utter nonsense. If Fury beats Wilder nobody will give Fury credit because Wilder's haters will say he was never any good like the same people who hate Fury say about him.

--- Well, Joe, for the record I've always rated Fury highly, but mentally he's become a bit of a wild card.

Never rated TBA Deyonce much, but now he's got the prospect of a mentally impaired lineal champ ripe for the taking. Both know each other is an easier task than Josh, hence the mutual interest, just elemental matchmaking if the terms can be agreed to.

Why is it hard to believe? Plenty of fighters have taken a few years off & come back for whatever reasons. From vids I seen he looks trimmer & could be in the 260s now against Pianeta after being 279 vs Seferi. I get it that a few here don't like Fury but the guy beat Klitschko fair & square in Germany. Make all the excuses you want for Wlad but the bottom line is he couldn't land a punch while he almost took out Joshua 18 months later at 41

Exactly why I have said repeatedly, and honestly, firmly believe, that Wlad threw that fight.

If you watch again, it's actually very obvious. There were plenty of times when Fury was wide open, and Wlad had his feet planted. He simply chose not to fire.

We're talking about a fighter who had no "zero" to protect, who wanted to build interest in his somewhat boring career, and who would have LOVED to have become a three-time champion. The latter could only happen if he lost, then beat Fury in the rematch. (Not to mention how much money those "in the know" must have made, betting on Fury.)

Fury simply screwed them all by taking the first win, then disappearing. Absolutely brilliant, actually.

And for more proof, just watch Wlad vs AJ.

It stuns me that guys who know the boxing game well can't see how obviously true this all is.

Exactly why I have said repeatedly, and honestly, firmly believe, that Wlad threw that fight.

If you watch again, it's actually very obvious. There were plenty of times when Fury was wide open, and Wlad had his feet planted. He simply chose not to fire.

We're talking about a fighter who had no "zero" to protect, who wanted to build interest in his somewhat boring career, and who would have LOVED to have become a three-time champion. The latter could only happen if he lost, then beat Fury in the rematch. (Not to mention how much money those "in the know" must have made, betting on Fury.)

Fury simply screwed them all by taking the first win, then disappearing. Absolutely brilliant, actually.

And for more proof, just watch Wlad vs AJ.

It stuns me that guys who know the boxing game well can't see how obviously true this all is.

:haha: I'm convinced you're just on a massive wind up now. You can't surely believe the stuff that you post?? :noidea:

:haha: I'm convinced you're just on a massive wind up now. You can't surely believe the stuff that you post?? :noidea:

I think he does you know.

Fury was a stylistic nightmare for Wlad. Constant movement off the back foot coupled with being one of the few contenders who was physically bigger than Wlad. Klitschko was pretty much a one trick pony. Jab at range, hold up close, big right hand. Overwhelming height and reach advantage over most opponents coupled with generous refereeing (especially in Germany) made this a hugely successful formula but one that couldn't be successfully employed against Fury. Joshua, despite his quality, has a much more straightforward style than Fury.

--- C'mon Rob, you're better than that.

Wlad prob the most dominant left hand in history, he as often as not seldom used his right to dominate with his jab and KO with his Left hook in highlight reels. Moreover, he KOed mercer in the US where he took on Peter, Williamson, Brock. Jennings was his last US fight before Fury and Josh in England, all undefeated!

The way it was...

--- C'mon Rob, you're better than that.

Wlad prob the most dominant left hand in history, he as often as not seldom used his right to dominate with his jab and KO with his Left hook in highlight reels. Moreover, he KOed mercer in the US where he took on Peter, Williamson, Brock. Jennings was his last US fight before Fury and Josh in England, all undefeated!

The way it was...

I didn't say he wasn't effective just not that much variety. The point being that Fury's style was tailor made to exploit his shortcomings, i.e., planting his feet to generate power (whether right hand or left hook). Are you saying he didn't tie up on the inside? Or lean on the mostly shorter opponents?

--- nothing wrong with leaning on shorter, aggressive fighters charging hard that could result in a headbutt.

Manny taught him holding, and yeah, after his death he became overly dependent on holding. Most have always discounted Fury as a blowhard, but clearly thru his career he utilized his immense size and underrated skills to great effect. Yeah, at an age older than Joe Louis he wasn't properly prepared for a Fury, but remember he'd been harassed for a couple of years by Briggs that he should have sought a restraining order on and the meltdown of his fiancé after the birth of their child, something that I defy you to replicate in your own life to examine the results.

No matter, the Ks set records that will stand out in the annals of boxing.