Fury confirms he's close to a deal to fight Wilder in December!

Ton

Re: Fury confirms he's close to a deal to fight Wilder in December!

--- nothing wrong with leaning on shorter, aggressive fighters charging hard that could result in a headbutt.

Manny taught him holding, and yeah, after his death he became overly dependent on holding. Most have always discounted Fury as a blowhard, but clearly thru his career he utilized his immense size and underrated skills to great effect. Yeah, at an age older than Joe Louis he wasn't properly prepared for a Fury, but remember he'd been harassed for a couple of years by Briggs that he should have sought a restraining order on and the meltdown of his fiancé after the birth of their child, something that I defy you to replicate in your own life to examine the results.

No matter, the Ks set records that will stand out in the annals of boxing.

Well I've never had Shannon Briggs stalking and hope that I never do.

Just to point out that I think the brothers were dominant champs and way better than everyone else during their era. My point was that Fury was a nightmare opponent for Wlad, to refute the claim that he "threw" the fight.

Exactly why I have said repeatedly, and honestly, firmly believe, that Wlad threw that fight.

If you watch again, it's actually very obvious. There were plenty of times when Fury was wide open, and Wlad had his feet planted. He simply chose not to fire.

We're talking about a fighter who had no "zero" to protect, who wanted to build interest in his somewhat boring career, and who would have LOVED to have become a three-time champion. The latter could only happen if he lost, then beat Fury in the rematch. (Not to mention how much money those "in the know" must have made, betting on Fury.)

Fury simply screwed them all by taking the first win, then disappearing. Absolutely brilliant, actually.

And for more proof, just watch Wlad vs AJ.

It stuns me that guys who know the boxing game well can't see how obviously true this all is.

The only obvious thing here is your disdain for Fury. He could have knocked Wlad out cold & you would claim it was a draw. The bottom line is Fury was the first guy who could nullify Wlad's arsenal. He had no plan B.

:haha: I'm convinced you're just on a massive wind up now. You can't surely believe the stuff that you post?? :noidea:

Given he told us repeatedly that Wladimir was clearly avoiding Joshua and would never fight him, of course he is it's why I largely leave him to it now, responding only when I've run out of Youtube comments to ridicule.

--- Hey, nothing wrong with some good grassy knoll auxiliary assassin. What else you gonna dicker over a cocktail party?

I don't get invited to cocktail parties, and you wouldn't get invited back.

--- Iwould if I pleased the reigning available mistress, but I'm a bit picky when it comes to feminine persuasions after having been very happily married.

I'd happily watch this from afar and pick Fury as long as he ain't a two weeks TBA like Deyonce feasts upon.

--- Nobody really knows what Fury is ready for, maybe not even him.

Certified loony tunes in the best of times, this sounds like a lotta smoke, what, Pianata takes step aside $?

I do know journeymen TBA have had no problems outboxing Deyonce, the problem being lasting the distance. Hearn sleeping on Warren and Haymon? Where's Rockford to get to the bottom of this caper?

Aye...what we know is that he won't run from Wilder, he's got the heart if anything. And his chin hasn't yet been cracked, so the fight should at least go 8 rounds. Only question is the stamina. Fury is still a young man, so no danger of him being washed up or shot in that way. He'll surely make it tough and rough for Wilder for 5-6 rounds at least. He's also the first fighter Wilder will face that is taller than him.

Aye...what we know is that he won't run from Wilder, he's got the heart if anything. And his chin hasn't yet been cracked, so the fight should at least go 8 rounds. Only question is the stamina. Fury is still a young man, so no danger of him being washed up or shot in that way. He'll surely make it tough and rough for Wilder for 5-6 rounds at least. He's also the first fighter Wilder will face that is taller than him.

Fury got dropped a few times (Well I remember at least once anyway) against some relatively light punchers on his way up as a "hot prospect", but it was clear he wasn't taking many of those fights/opponents seriously and he likely wasn't fully concentrating.

And as for still a young man! He is just about still in his 20's, but lets not be fooled. He looks an old man, he's not had the easiest of lives and clearly had his issues these last few years. I think they in turn can be just as deliberating as age / shipping punishment in the ring a few times.

He's been a professional fighter for 10 years, it's been quite a slog, and obviously a long lay off in there. But he isn't exactly a fresh fighter.

--- Ya musta forgot!

In spite of having to fight without Peter in his corner, Tyson knocked USS clean out, the only ko loss of his career!

After being put down himself.

And Ya'all musta forgot:

Fury should have been DQ'ed, because he took out Cunningham by illegally shoving his arm into USS's face, then following that with a right hand.

It's about as blatant a foul as there is.

Of course, the ref said nothing.........

--- Fun topic.

Lessee, Ali decked by 190 Lb prospect Sonny Banks, and later by 170 Lb Henry Cooper who arguably KOed young Clay. Cooper had to wear weights to make weight.

Tyson decked by a 235 lb prospect and a 210 lb championship fighter.

Advantage Tyson...

--- Fun topic.

Lessee, Ali decked by 190 Lb prospect Sonny Banks, and later by 170 Lb Henry Cooper who arguably KOed young Clay. Cooper had to wear weights to make weight.

Tyson decked by a 235 lb prospect and a 210 lb championship fighter.

Advantage Tyson...

I think Cooper claimed to be 180lbs against Clay(who inarguably didn't get kayoed) and Clay was only 3lbs heavier than Banks when they fought.

• 4 weeks later...

So this "Done deal, wooo!" has no date, no venue, and Fury has yet to apply for a Nevada or New York boxing licence, according to Sky.

Warren ridiculed this, saying "Of course he hasn't applied for a licence yet - neither location has been confirmed yet so why would he apply for a licence there?"

So about three months before the fight is supposedly taking place, there's no date, no venue, but apparently Wilder is fine with this. Boxing - you can keep it.

So this "Done deal, wooo!" has no date, no venue, and Fury has yet to apply for a Nevada or New York boxing licence, according to Sky.

Warren ridiculed this, saying "Of course he hasn't applied for a licence yet - neither location has been confirmed yet so why would he apply for a licence there?"

So about three months before the fight is supposedly taking place, there's no date, no venue, but apparently Wilder is fine with this. Boxing - you can keep it.

Wilder not the sharpest knife in the drawer. but Al Haymon should know better.

Same for Finkel.