Matthysse v Pacquiao + undercard

pittbox

We're going to see some interesting fights on this event, apart from Lucas Matthysse vs. Manny Pacquiao.

WBA light flyweight title:

Carlos Canizales v Bin Lu

Bin Lu has a chance of winning the world championship in the second pro fight. He won't have it easy against undefeated Venezuelan, who successfully captured the title against Reiya Konishi in Japan.

IBF flyweight title:

Moruti Mthalane v Muhammad Waseem

Experienced South African who had a period of reign as the IBF champ from 2009 to 2012 comes back for the very same title. His opponent is a Pakistani born Muhammad Waseem, who represents South Korea. It looks like a quite weird, but interesting match-up.

interim WBA featherweight title:

Jhack Tepora v Edivaldo Ortega

Undefeated Pinoy has to pass his hardest test against Mexican contender Edivaldo Ortega.

Re: Matthysse v Pacquiao + undercard

--- Lu Bin carried out on a stretcher after succumbing in the 12th rd. Hope it's precautionary as he had no biz in a title fight after his debut.

You did it again! (Spoiler tag added)

Luckily, I saw the fight in real time. GREAT fight, btw.

--- In comparison, Manny put a ferocious beating in the 9th rd on Horn for the ages, but Horn is bigger, stronger, and younger than Matthysse.

Manny picked in his shots against Matthysse who was kept off balance by the angles and footwork in a sorta signature win for the hilight video. Remember,, Matthysse BTFO Judhah back when to no credit by the judges as an example of his power. Had DGarcia on the run until he damaged his eye that has led to his decline, but I don't think the eye was a factor in this fight.

I'm so disappointed with Matthysse. He clearly had no clue what to do that night and looked as he just wanted to give up as soon as possible. The card was very interesting, though. Especially Mthalane v Waseem and Tepora v Ortega.

Matthysse looked a shell of himself from the opening bell. His footwork was poor and he just stood flat footed hoping his power would be enough. I expected a lot more from him.

Well done Manny 39-years-old, dumps Roach and then produces a display like that. I thought the fight was going to the scorecards before hand.